• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Morehead, Kentucky 1/31/09

Kel

Smash Master
What mix is the DDR? I want to play more SN2!

Although, getting sweaty and tired probably isn't the best idea around here.

I'd be willing to accept DDR money matches if I go though =)

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
So... the way this is set up, 2nd place will be getting $1 for every entrant. Paying essentially $10 to enter and at least $15 for gas, probably $15 more for food and other expenses... That means you need at least 40 entrants just for 2nd to break even. :(

I strongly feel singles could stand to be upped to $10.
Dude I know what you mean.....and i am sorry that it is not a 10 dollar tournament. Depending on the amount that show to this tourney will determine if I do a 10 dollar one in the month of Feb. I wish there was a way I could help now, but flyers have already been posted with the prices. =[

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
What mix is the DDR? I want to play more SN2!

Although, getting sweaty and tired probably isn't the best idea around here.

I'd be willing to accept DDR money matches if I go though =)
Extreme Mix is what is on this machine (The Best one IMO).

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
At the time of the pricing we werent expecting OOS'ers, thats before Eric and I started traveling and getting to know everyone really. So the reason why it was orignally set at 5 dollars was basically because we didnt expect anyone outside the immediate area to come, like andy said the flyers are up around here for 5 dollars and there isnt very much we could to reaosnably change that.

If the same people show up next time that are saying they will show up next time 10 dollars for sure. But really I've traveled everywhere and lost all my entry fees and money... save for MM's which i always profit off of as of late. But i do understand the complaint and its just too late to do anything about it though :/

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Kel, I''ll challenge ya.
Dr. X, the thing is right now is to pull in the casuals. Morehead used to be a lively town when it came to smash...but then they hit some sort of a dry spell and now you barely hear of the game. This is just so that we don't scare the newcomers away.

---Roads are still super duper!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Kel, I''ll challenge ya.
Dr. X, the thing is right now is to pull in the casuals. Morehead used to be a lively town when it came to smash...but then they hit some sort of a dry spell and now you barely hear of the game. This is just so that we don't scare the newcomers away.

---Roads are still super duper!
Fact. For a while there we had atleast 30 regulars, then well everyone quit and sold their wiis except me. :p

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Fact. For a while there we had atleast 30 regulars, then well everyone quit and sold their wiis except me. :p
Yep and I have tried to pull some of them back in....only like one of them is getting back into it and he can't play at this tourney.

Some of the other old players only play melee so.....I mean that why I am doing a Brawl/Melee hopefully it will pull some players form Melee back into brawl. Then agian I like Melee just as much as brawl.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Oh Snap...I was informed yesterday....And I've been on the List before hand...Nice...Looks like i will be in attendance....GOD KAIS FTW!!!
ummm Doctor X...Ummmm OS...I got gas Money...which one of ya'll can i accompany!!!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Oh Snap...I was informed yesterday....And I've been on the List before hand...Nice...Looks like i will be in attendance....GOD KAIS FTW!!!
ummm Doctor X...Ummmm OS...I got gas Money...which one of ya'll can i accompany!!!
Smashfest at my place tonight, and anybody who is coming with tomorrow is welcome to stay over so we can leave quickly in the morning.

Majora's Incarnation

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely going to make it. My friend as well. Good Luck everyone. Btw, is there a Gamestop somewhere in Morehead, my controller's rumble stopped working, and without rumble, my Olimar isn't that good(at least, imo, and I mean a GC controller).

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I always bring an extra controller. You can use mine if it's a must. Just shout around for an Eric. I'll be the robot.

Guys, let me emphasize that...

WE NEED MOAR TVs!

With that said, please bring a tv if you can. We only have about 4 or 5.
Let's not make this a slow a** tourney. We want plenty of friendlies going on too.

And the roads are still A-okie for those travelers out there wondering.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Just lost my ride. Can't come. Sorry. If anyone else in the Cincinnati area happens to be able to give me a ride by some miracle, let me know.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
on another note: i dropped my phone in the toilet and it no longer functions, so ask eric for directions if you get lost for those that i gave my number to

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
F**kin sucked!
Not 'nuff robots.
._.

Some adjustment ideas, bro:
Make sure no one screws up the restroom, make sure there is sufficient room for people at each tv (at times it was mighty cramped) and I think we should ban Kel and OS. Like, Kel wouldn't quit trying to take my top, and now I have theft johns and all that. And if I had played OS I could expect the same shenanigans. They're just dirty robot bullies. =[

Represent God Kais! [minus Wind West].

IMO, great job today. It was a first tourney in a dead town and I think it got a good show. Maybe we should have done a 2stock pools just to speed things up but it finished at a reasonable time.

You should post the bracket up on here with the results.

beepbeep!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
good stuff guys!! i definitely enjoyed it. glad we were able to finish on time even when we were running late (i was actually getting pretty worried lol). I'll be looking forward to the next one in February.

But it was fun. Especially with the cincinnati competition
(i'm gonna beat you one day kel :D)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm sleepy...So I can't think right now...So Just post the tourny results....Please!!!....With The Character Listings for each entree...I went Kirby...of Course!!!

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Here are the tournament results for doubles

1: Overdrive Ostrich: OS and Kel (OS: MK, Kirby, D3 and Kel: D3, Snake)
2: God Kais: y.b.M and smash64 (Kirby and Snake)
3: 6:30: Xisin and calic (Marth and Pikachu)
4: Thats what she said: Hilt and Tactical (Olimar and Lucario)
5: Charlie and Greg (______ and Luigi)
5: Thick Burger
7: Pengo
7: Mayling and Bobbu (Pit and _____)
9: Kassey and Dana
9: Jumbo Chilli Dog
9: Eric and Shannon: Mister Eric and Shadowbot (ROB and Lucario)
9: Fatal Paralysis: Spy and Zero (Olimar and _______)
13: peyton and rob (QUIT BEFORE IT STARTED)
13: Smegmas
13: Chuck and Micheal
13: Tupts Brothers
17: Ian and Jay

Sorry if I didn't get every charcater and such please tell me who you used and I will up date this.

Results for Singles

1: Kel (MK)
2: Overswarm (MK)
3: Y.B.M. (Kirby)
4: Paladin (Fox)
5: Tactical (Lucario)
5: Xisin (Marth)
7: Mr. Eric (ROB)
7: Smash64 (Snake)
9: Corbin
9: calic (Pikachu)
9: Hilt (Olimar)
9: Dr. X (Pit)
13: Cr4sh
13: Ian
13: Greg (Luigi)
13: Mad
17: Kurri (Olimar)
17: Soldier 2 (Yoshi)
17: Charles (Wolf)
17: Shadow Phoenix (Game and Watch)
17: Brian Cullen
17: Lazr (MK)
17: Shado (Ness)
17: Justin
25: Zero (Olimar)
25: Chris Acosta (Ike)
25: Mayling (Pit)
25: Chris Adams (Marth)
25: Bobbu
25: Bolshoi (Diddy Kong)
25: Spy
25: Excel (Fox)

Once again any mistakes let me know...I will update ASAP

clowsui

Smash Legend
wow
GOOD **** KEL
I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT
yeahyuz
cate is probably very happy with the money you brought home right now =)
unless it turns out to be some bs number like 30 dollars

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
1st place was like 115.00 so not too bad.

also posted results on ankoku's list already.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Next I am pretty sure is going to a 10 entry fee for the brawl/Melee we are going to try and hold during February.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
every game i saw him play he was using fox, i only saw him use his mk in pools, and those game he was using fox in were against Os... so i just cross listed them

Kel

Smash Master
For the record, I didn't use MK at all in doubles. I used Snake and Dedede only. OS used MK ROB and Kirby in both singles and doubles.

I went straight MK in singles though. Never changed.

Thanks for the tournament guys. I had a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the next one.

Also, the payout distribution was kinda :-\. 3rd place got 8 dollars in singles haha. That sucks so bad to do that well in the tournament just to get 8 dollars (when entry was 10 after venue fee). I mean, it benefitted me in the end, so I'm not complaining per se, but you may want to change it in the future.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I think I left my voice at the arcade. If anyone picked it up, do let me know.

Top Bottom