• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More % = more Gordos

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
I hope this hasn't been covered already!
My 7 year old brother made an interesting discovery. When Dedede's percentage is high, the chance of throwing a Gordo raises. I haven't tested it extensively, but during gameplay there really appears to be a noticeable difference.
Opinions? Experiences? Let's confirm (or deconfirm) this!

dingostar29

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, I don't have Brawl so I can't give an exact answer. But I can logically deduce that this would be true. When relating this to Lucario, Lucario's attack power increases the higher his percentage. The same could be true for Dedede. Because Gordos are apparently his strongest throwing item, it only seems logical that it would would work.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I can logically deduce that this would be true.

Gordos are apparently his strongest throwing item
Man, the influx of new users is really getting to me. You can't logically deduce anything about this, it needs to be tested...and Gordos aren't apparently Dedede's' strongest throwing item, they definitely are.

Hey Frey, I'm glad somebody is finally going to test the % on the Waddle Dees.

Kresent: Wow, 1 in 10 is way higher than I would have predicted.

As for the issue at hand, I can't say I've ever noticed high % causing more Gordos...but I will say that on occasion I have thrown two Gordos in quick succession, maybe I was at high damage, I don't remember.

EDIT: Statistics:

@ 0%
100 waddle dee throws = 12 Gordos

@300%
100 waddle dee throws = 10 Gordos

No difference.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
This isnt true at all. I mean i should test it before knocking it but i havent noticed any difference between percents.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I already tested it, go ahead and knock it. It's actually not a bad idea though, it does seem like sometimes Gordos are very frequent, as I said, on occasion I'll pull two or three in quick succession, but the truth is not there.

YJiang

Smash Rookie
Just perform a two proportion Gosset's t-test.

Should solve your problems instantly?

dan smith

Smash Champion
The problem has already been solved. Your first post ever on these boards was not only useless but also somewhat pretentious.

YJiang

Smash Rookie
The problem has already been solved. Your first post ever on these boards was not only useless but also somewhat pretentious.
Actually, I thought it was pretty useful. And it does answer the OP's question.

YJiang

Smash Rookie
How is it useful? The question has been answered. Period.
Well, in case he has some other questions in that regard, for example "On Kirby's home stages, does Dedede get higher % of throwing Gordos?" or "Does player count affect Gordo %?"

My response would tell him how to figure those out himself.

Of course, there's no reason to argue with you since, (besides deference to seniority) yes, I admit, it :was: a bit pretentious. But how else could I have worded it?

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, buddy, his question might have been pretentious, but you were completely obnoxious in responding to him. Your obnoxiousness far outweighs his pretentiousness.

Also, if you knew anything about statistics, you'd know that your little test doesn't "solve the problem." It's laughable to think that 100 at each level completely addresses the question. Even if it might be the truth, your tests don't rule out exceptions at all.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, your arrogance and obnoxiousness is completely unwarranted and quite frankly you're making an *** out of yourself.

Crappular

Smash Rookie
His so-called pretentiousness doesn't begin to rival your *******ery.

And period? You call 100 tests of each testing what is essentially a probability question the end all be all solution? You might be correct - as I believe - but your claim that your oh-so prestigious test was fool-proof is asinine.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Dan Smith need to main Ness again >.<

Although, with all the fake rumors of being able to manipulate Judgment hammer, I wouldn't be surprised if you could somehow raise the probability of getting Gordos.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I guess people's skill in video games gives them the right to be an *******.

Or maybe it's just the terrible people who believe that garbage that makes me believe it. Oh well.
I'm not really that good. And maybe I am a *****, it is not my goal in life to make internet friends.

Annoying: I am both honored by your request and interested in your statement. I need to look into this Judgment Hammer hi jinx. I will stop by the Ness forums sometime.

Top Bottom