• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More MK videos!

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
MK vs Wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acOUiRYoNjA

MK vs Falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIuUoDelQcQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDX6MPlYpYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTS8YHQnfAY

MK vs Lucas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnC3zqsyyEI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3B3X5hB_s4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMz3Rivn14

Some of these are pretty interesting. You'll see my playstyle and aggressiveness varies based on who I'm fighting. I had a lot of fun with these and they were quite challenging for the most part. My friends settled on good characters and they play them well.

Let me know what you think. I'm always looking for feedback and advice as long as it's not too picky.

D

Deleted member

ah more aggressive you have gotten hahaha!
one thing i noticed in the lucas fights is that you had a lot of kill opportunities with things like the shuttle loop but never took them :0

also the lucas player seemed to never bait you in or up-smash you wich is one of if not the best/quickest kill move against meta =0

Edit: in the fist vid i saw you still didnt utilize the shuttle-loop very much but thats no biggie.what really stood out was the trouble you had against wolfs recovery.what i found to work best was n-air when you absolutely had to beat it out,it has good knockback(especially if saved)and stayes out for a good period of time.also,what happens a lot is wolfs will end up on the stage because they are too close and are a fraid of being edge guarded so dont get too hasty and just wait for them depending on their trajectory.

it takes a bit of practice depending on who your playing but it helps =D

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what you mean by baiting, but he doesn't use the usmash as much as he used to because I've gotten quite good at dodge it, for the most part. The only thing that still gets me is the deceptively large horizontal range on it.

Yeah, Wolf's not much of a problem overall, but I don't like rushing off against space animals once they get too close to the edge. Wolf's over-B attack is pretty powerful and Falco's spikes you so they'll often take the opportunity to hit you with it.

But my friend's Falco was annoying to edgeguard because his illusion/phantasm/whatever outprioritized all of the sword attacks I could think of. Then I started tornadoing and he would just get himself sucked in every time.

Edit: At the moment I'm not very comfortable with the Shuttle Loop. I use it on occasion when I really see the opportunity, or when I'm looking for a kill and I know my opponent isn't expecting a Shuttle Loop. But at the moment, I just don't like using it a lot.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what you mean by baiting, but he doesn't use the usmash as much as he used to because I've gotten quite good at dodge it, for the most part. The only thing that still gets me is the deceptively large horizontal range on it.

Yeah, Wolf's not much of a problem overall, but I don't like rushing off against space animals once they get too close to the edge. Wolf's over-B attack is pretty powerful and Falco's spikes you so they'll often take the opportunity to hit you with it.

But my friend's Falco was annoying to edgeguard because his illusion/phantasm/whatever outprioritized all of the sword attacks I could think of. Then I started tornadoing and he would just get himself sucked in every time.

Edit: At the moment I'm not very comfortable with the Shuttle Loop. I use it on occasion when I really see the opportunity, or when I'm looking for a kill and I know my opponent isn't expecting a Shuttle Loop. But at the moment, I just don't like using it a lot.
lol then why does his lucas use easier to dodge and less powerful attcks especially if up-smash has great priority and stays out for a bit.he could jusst use it to mesh through your attacks depending on what you do.

for wolf im sayin dont go over the edge just wait for them to over shoot and if they dont plan on a n-air wich you dont hve to go over the edge to do.

as for the shuttle loop,i guess thhats up to you my friend hahaha!

R0cket

Smash Apprentice

The Shuttle Loop is your friend. When you see a good opportunity to use it, DO IT! Just get them over the ledge with d-smash or some fair/nair combos and then Shuttle Loop them into oblivion.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
lol then why does his lucas use easier to dodge and less powerful attcks especially if up-smash has great priority and stays out for a bit.he could jusst use it to mesh through your attacks depending on what you do.
The usmash is somewhat easy to see it coming once you're used to it. He could probably hit me with it more, but it's not so useful that it can be used all the time.

I have bad aim with the Shuttle Loop. I just need to practice with it XD

D

Deleted member

The usmash is somewhat easy to see it coming once you're used to it. He could probably hit me with it more, but it's not so useful that it can be used all the time.

I have bad aim with the Shuttle Loop. I just need to practice with it XD
trust me against a lucas that utilizes it right youll know =0

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I got a comment on the video against Wolf on youtube saying I was too aggressive. He made a couple good points about not avoiding some forward smashes because I was busy getting in his face. Not much I can say to that. It's a good point. Wolf does have a really fast and extremely long ranged fsmash, though. That doesn't exactly help.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
LT8......you play so much like i do now haha its awsome when i saw your first vids i was like lol ........ but you have inproved alot ......its gonah be a "tuff" fight..

"edit" ...aslo where were your Dthrows and down tilts there to good to not use them !!

Rock Fox

Smash Rookie
well...as the falco user in the above videos i wouldn't mind if ne of you guys felt like telling me what to do against this evil destructive force that is metaknight

with the exception of not be so god **** predictable with the illusion.

D

Deleted member

well...as the falco user in the above videos i wouldn't mind if ne of you guys felt like telling me what to do against this evil destructive force that is metaknight

with the exception of not be so god **** predictable with the illusion.
haha good to meet you! since lt8 has informed us you are a new player i will wait to see some more vids of you before i say anything =D

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
He is certainly not new (I don't remember saying he was...)! He gives me a run for my money in melee (my falco vs his fox) and he basically wins most battles.

He just now settling on a Falco as a main character, it seems. You can give him tips, but not so many that he starts beating me all the time :p

Nice username, Law. I was sick today so I ended up sleeping most of the time, but you gotta come over tomorrow and play some more. I've gotten a bit better with Olimar. I know he's annoying to fight, but he's not Meta Knight (although I'm still decent with him).

Edit: I'm working on uploading the rest of the videos. They take like 2 hours each and I have about 20 or so.

Top Bottom