• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Clean-Up

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My bad, put this off for dumb long. & honestly, my interest in Smash has been a solid zero for a while now, so I doubt I'll be working on this or anything else in the future. Maybe finish up some Pika/Zelda stuff I never got to, but that's it.

rPSI, I filled in enough that y'all should be able to follow through with the rest, but if you get confused with the coding, lemme know. I had no idea what you wanted me to do with the terms/techs sections since I got nothing on them, so I just kinda.... stuck them there. Also not sure if I was reading your spreadsheet right lol.

Oh, & I'm gonna do the rest of the header images, which I'll post here as I finish them. So far got MK, Snake, and Wario done:

Toomai

Smash Ace
Numbers have to be converted from hex to decimal, but you probably know that.

Calling the damage numbers "fresh" is slightly misleading, since "fresh" means "x1.05". "Base damage" would be better.

In my opinion, "hits 1-2, hit 3" is better than "initial hits, last hit" unless the number of hits is variable.

I am guessing that things like shield damage, rehit rate, nonstandard SDI multipliers, and nonstandard freeze frames multipliers would go in the Notes box.

It should be noted somewhere whether a hitbox is transcendent. Possibly also what type/effect they are (maybe not for Meta Knight since they're pretty much all Sword/Slash, but it would be important for other characters when facing guys like Pokémon Trainer or Olimar).

Floor and edge attacks need an intangibility column. (Actually, all "invincibility" should be changed to "intangibility" to match the STL.) Need wall tech, ceiling tech, and wall jump tech.

I don't see throws or item drop; also need data for heavy items.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'll probably be reformatting the columns when I start filling them in.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Numbers have to be converted from hex to decimal, but you probably know that.
Yep.

Calling the damage numbers "fresh" is slightly misleading, since "fresh" means "x1.05". "Base damage" would be better.
I know that too, was just too lazy to multiply them lol.

In my opinion, "hits 1-2, hit 3" is better than "initial hits, last hit" unless the number of hits is variable.
It's variable. If not for MK, then it will be across all the characters, and imo it's best to keep the format as standard as possible (unless the board already has their own research thread set up).

I am guessing that things like shield damage, rehit rate, nonstandard SDI multipliers, and nonstandard freeze frames multipliers would go in the Notes box.
Yeah, I didn't think it was necessary to make columns for stuff that 95% of moves are the same on.

It should be noted somewhere whether a hitbox is transcendent. Possibly also what type/effect they are (maybe not for Meta Knight since they're pretty much all Sword/Slash, but it would be important for other characters when facing guys like Pokémon Trainer or Olimar).
True. For some characters, extra columns'll probably make sense to add.

Floor and edge attacks need an intangibility column. (Actually, all "invincibility" should be changed to "intangibility" to match the STL.) Need wall tech, ceiling tech, and wall jump tech.
Uhhh k. Y'all can do that lol.

I don't see throws or item drop; also need data for heavy items.
Throws can go under grabs (just rename "Grabs" to "Grabs & Throws" or something), and Item Pick-Up/Drop can go under.... item moves obv.

Overall, this was just a quick posting of what I had already since I didn't feel like working on it anymore, lol. Feel free to mess with it, and good luck with getting all the characters done guys. <3

Toomai

Smash Ace
It's variable. If not for MK, then it will be across all the characters, and imo it's best to keep the format as standard as possible (unless the board already has their own research thread set up).
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I meant that we should use names like "hits 1-2, hit 3", "hits 1-3, hit 4", "hits 1-8, hit 9" instead of "initial hits, last hit" or the like; unless it's a move for which the number of hits is not fixed (e.g. Mach Tornado).

So: for MK's u-smash we'd have "hits 1-2, hit 3". For Yoshi's bair we'd have "hit 1, hits 2-3, hit 4". For Bowser's dair we'd have "hits 1-8, hit 9, landing hit".

Toomai

Smash Ace
I think you misinterpreted what I said. I meant that we should use names like "hits 1-2, hit 3", "hits 1-3, hit 4", "hits 1-8, hit 9" instead of "initial hits, last hit" or the like; unless it's a move for which the number of hits is not fixed (e.g. Mach Tornado).

So: for MK's u-smash we'd have "hits 1-2, hit 3". For Yoshi's bair we'd have "hit 1, hits 2-3, hit 4". For Bowser's dair we'd have "hits 1-8, hit 9, landing hit".

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ah, I see what you mean now. It's waaay easier to copypaste the same thing over & over, but if someone is willing to do it separately for each move for every character, then yeah, your way is better.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ah, I see what you mean now. It's waaay easier to copypaste the same thing over & over, but if someone is willing to do it separately for each move for every character, then yeah, your way is better.

Top Bottom