• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonblasting the competition! The Psychic/Fairy type Gardevoir for Smash Ultimate

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well since this is relevant to Gardevoir, thought I'd post this video here:

may not be anything, or could be a hint at a gen 3 pokemon ;)

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I can't believe I never actually posted here demonstrating my support. Guess I'll do that now, then.

yay to Gardevoir, and doubleyay to Gothitelle as an Echo Fighter for her. Finally get Gens 3 and 5 the respect they deserve.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't believe I never actually posted here demonstrating my support. Guess I'll do that now, then.

yay to Gardevoir, and doubleyay to Gothitelle as an Echo Fighter for her. Finally get Gens 3 and 5 the respect they deserve.
Want me to add you to the Gothitelle support thread's list?

Well since this is relevant to Gardevoir, thought I'd post this video here:

may not be anything, or could be a hint at a gen 3 pokemon ;)
Bit of a tenuous link but if the entire Smash fandom can decide a placeholder box is God then I can get behind this.

Last edited:

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Always this confusion of the words 'proof' and 'evidence'....
I know what PKVolt is saying and i hope he's right, but we've gotten a lot of songs that are unrelated to any specific fighter or stage. Yes, i think it's curious they'd remix an ORAS song; just as much as i find the Termina Field remix they've revealed to be an interesting clue towards Skull Kid. I would just be heartbroken if i actually got myself to expect Sceptile, Guardevoir or Deoxys now and be met with a wrestler cat in the end.

Damn leaks almost killed my hype, is what i'm saying. I guess it's best to feign myself some blissful ignorance and just see where Sakurai's Wild Ride takes us; because i don't think we're out of his vortex of weird choices and surprises yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Always this confusion of the words 'proof' and 'evidence'....
I know what PKVolt is saying and i hope he's right, but we've gotten a lot of songs that are unrelated to any specific fighter or stage. Yes, i think it's curious they'd remix an ORAS song; just as much as i find the Termina Field remix they've revealed to be an interesting clue towards Skull Kid. I would just be heartbroken if i actually got myself to expect Sceptile, Guardevoir or Deoxys now and be met with a wrestler cat in the end.

Damn leaks almost killed my hype, is what i'm saying. I guess it's best to feign myself some blissful ignorance and just see where Sakurai's Wild Ride takes us; because i don't think we're out of his vortex of weird choices and surprises yet.
Don't worry. Remember in the Smash 4 Hype Cycle when we thought we knew every character coming and then, as if to mock the leakers Sakurai killed off Chrom? Maybe somehting like that could happen. After all, Vergeben missed King K. Rool and almost all echos and the box is just that, a box. And not one of those big ones that kids can play with or homeless people can sleep in.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Any chance I could be added to the support list? I think a playable Gardevoir would be awesome!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... a bunch of stuff doing around so I'll put it in a spoiler tag

So what looks like the final banner has been floating around and while blurry it looks like all new art.

In addition to the ones circled, between Ken and Luigi looks like there might be something. It could be Gardevoir but that's a bit of a long shot.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So... a bunch of stuff doing around so I'll put it in a spoiler tag

So what looks like the final banner has been floating around and while blurry it looks like all new art.

In addition to the ones circled, between Ken and Luigi looks like there might be something. It could be Gardevoir but that's a bit of a long shot.
I think it's just the bright part of the dark cloud (directly above Sheik's head in the original pic). Could be wrong though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
May be my "bosses in the clouds" moment but here's where I see Gardevoir

supposed leak edit.png

D

Deleted member

I would think they would have the green be more eye-popping, but I legitimately can see how it looks like it'd be Gardevoir.

Here's hoping at least you guys get your Pokémon then....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would think they would have the green be more eye-popping, but I legitimately can see how it looks like it'd be Gardevoir.

My condolences.

Here's hoping for DLC.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250

I've had some of my previous Pokemon newcomers dreams broken so I feel ya.

I honestly doubt it is Gardevoir, but it is jarring how this would make the first Smash game without a Pokemon newcomer, and for that it could make it more likely it is? But it just doesn't seem like it's there. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we're in the final Stretch now.

Here's hoping...

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Yeah I'm honestly not a fan of the leak overall, there's nothing that truly appeals to me. If Gardevoir were to disconfirm it somehow that would be quite the experience, though I doubt it.

But still going to hold some hope.
78e[1].gif

Cue the SMRPG battle theme

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Gardevoir wasn't shown as a Pokeball (or in general), then again they may just be keeping it waiting as they didn't showcase any Pokeball Pokemon.
I expect it to be in as a spirit at the very least, but we can keep the support up for it to be playable, and either way we should regardless of if it's a Pokeball or not.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm sorry Lads, Gardevoirs a pokeball again, check the website

Yeah you're correct, oh well, I do wish they had showcased it at least, hopefully with something newer than just using Reflect.

I still think it'd be worth supporting though, when Ridley was disconfirmed for Smash 4 people still kept supporting it heavily, and eventually he got in. While it of course wouldn't be as massive, it's still worth bringing up when talking about new Pokemon we would like, as a big reason it is a Pokeball to begin with is it's quite popular/recurring in the series.
Though if the AT/Pokeballs don't discount for DLC, then it may end up for this game as well, if not, our support could work for furture considerations.
But for the base game of Ultimate, this is it, we are confirmed back to our old Pokeball role. Let's hope for some official screenshots eventually at least.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it was a good ride.

Now I need a new sig quote

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry if this is old news, but if no one has seen the Smash Bros. website yet, Gardevoir is a Poke Ball Pokemon again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Its sad shes just a pokeball again. but at least she didn't get cut
The worst fate of all.

We used to call it getting Isaac'd but he came back.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel worse for Isaac as all that clamor and voting to get him back... only made him return as an Assist...
As a guy who voted for Krystal, I know the pain.

zferolie

Smash Hero
As a guy who voted for Krystal, I know the pain.
I would have liked her as a fighter, as her moveset would have been super unique with the staff and stuff. But I guess we have to wait till next smash, unless for some reason sakurai starts turning assists into fighters this game

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry guys n gals, gardvoir aint making it this time, looks like.
Very low chance they'd turn a pokeball mon into a dlc fighter i think :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone found footage of the Gardevoir Pokeball in action yet? I'd like to have it posted here once it's found.
Found some at the end of this video

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Has anyone found the Gardevoir spirit battle yet?
Haven't seen it posted anywhere.
Edit: found it myself

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I feel worse for Isaac as all that clamor and voting to get him back... only made him return as an Assist...
It's a good reason why Issac is back as an Assist, as long as Golden Sun stays as one of the most unknown and smallest IPs Nintendo owns, he ain't getting in as a playable fighter, to get him playable in Smash, GS fans should be clamoring for a new game in the series, only then will Issac finally get in, new game= popularity boost!

I would have liked her as a fighter, as her moveset would have been super unique with the staff and stuff. But I guess we have to wait till next smash, unless for some reason sakurai starts turning assists into fighters this game
True, but as long as Nintendo continues to remake the same first StarFox game over and over again for newer systems, she's not getting in as a fighter! (If they can somehow stop doing that and actually make a proper StarFox game that continues the events of the last game that Krystal was in (I do believe it was Assault or Command, then her chances shoot up dramatically), granted if he does start turning Assists into Fighters via DLC, it'll be during Wave 2 (assuming that if Wave 1 sells well enough), she along with Shadow from the Sonic series would probably be the first two Assists-to-Fighters I can see Sakurai doing.

Krystal's best chance to get in was during Brawl's development (back when Krystal actually had huge popularity at the time, but she lost out to Wolf for the last slot (Sakurai basically had a coin toss to see which new SF rep he would choose between them, and it landed on Wolf).

Back to the Gardevoir thread, she would probably be the sole 3rd Gen rep over Blaziken (who would be too much of a Captain Falcon Echo seeing as he has same height and build almost and likely the same moveset), but she has the lowest chance to be DLC (seeing as Gardie's already playable in Pokken is one of the main factors holding her back (Lucario is pretty much the only Pokemon (not counting Mewtwo's Shadow form) to be both playable in Smash and Pokken), now had Melee not been a Gamecube launch title (and likewise was developed and released around the same timeframe and schedule it took for Brawl, 4 and Ultimate), we would have skipped Gen II and gone into Gen III (Gardie and Blaziken would have added in two more Pokemon reps and Pichu wouldn't have been playable!)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's a good reason why Issac is back as an Assist, as long as Golden Sun stays as one of the most unknown and smallest IPs Nintendo owns, he ain't getting in as a playable fighter, to get him playable in Smash, GS fans should be clamoring for a new game in the series, only then will Issac finally get in, new game= popularity boost!

True, but as long as Nintendo continues to remake the same first StarFox game over and over again for newer systems, she's not getting in as a fighter! (If they can somehow stop doing that and actually make a proper StarFox game that continues the events of the last game that Krystal was in (I do believe it was Assault or Command, then her chances shoot up dramatically), granted if he does start turning Assists into Fighters via DLC, it'll be during Wave 2 (assuming that if Wave 1 sells well enough), she along with Shadow from the Sonic series would probably be the first two Assists-to-Fighters I can see Sakurai doing.

Krystal's best chance to get in was during Brawl's development (back when Krystal actually had huge popularity at the time, but she lost out to Wolf for the last slot (Sakurai basically had a coin toss to see which new SF rep he would choose between them, and it landed on Wolf).

Back to the Gardevoir thread, she would probably be the sole 3rd Gen rep over Blaziken (who would be too much of a Captain Falcon Echo seeing as he has same height and build almost and likely the same moveset), but she has the lowest chance to be DLC (seeing as Gardie's already playable in Pokken is one of the main factors holding her back (Lucario is pretty much the only Pokemon (not counting Mewtwo's Shadow form) to be both playable in Smash and Pokken), now had Melee not been a Gamecube launch title (and likewise was developed and released around the same timeframe and schedule it took for Brawl, 4 and Ultimate), we would have skipped Gen II and gone into Gen III (Gardie and Blaziken would have added in two more Pokemon reps and Pichu wouldn't have been playable!)
Actually, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Charizard are playable in both Smash and Pokken. That's 4 out of the 6 playable Pokemon in Smash 4.

zferolie

Smash Hero

I am annoyed they keep remaking that first starfox. expand the story! And give kyrstal and the other members more backstory and screen time. And maybe she will one day be in smash if that happens

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well, the floodgates have opened on DLC and Game Freak has even let Miis dress up as Team Rocket. Maybe things from previous gens can get some more love going forward.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
A Gardevoir Mii Gunner costume alongside a Gallade Mii Swordfighter could be cool. I wouldn't mind it so much given that I mainly just want it to have more of a presence in Smash really (unlike some other chars who I want just as playable).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A Gardevoir Mii Gunner costume alongside a Gallade Mii Swordfighter could be cool. I wouldn't mind it so much given that I mainly just want it to have more of a presence in Smash really (unlike some other chars who I want just as playable).
I'm wondering how that would work given that Gunners have some kind of impliment to, well gun with.
I'm picturing Gardevoir holding a Remoraid like a revolver.

Top Bottom