• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monty Python's Flying Mafia - SCUM VICTORY, Vult/Doop win the game!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I also feel like Vult may have used that move as a diversion tactic to try and make me as a new player look more suspicious than I otherwise would have.
RR why are you townreading this slot.

like, at first i thought he was genuinely concerned that I "blackmailed" him (i feel ridiculous just saying this) and maybe he mistook it as a scummy thing to do. so i figured i would try to explain it gently (reference: #70; i'm too nice for my own good). but then he ignored that post completely and comes out with this. like... it's just sort of making things up to justify a scumread even though my post should have alleviated his concerns completely. fon't buy it

i would revote him but he's getting replaced and i'm not sure it would be productive

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vult Redux Vult Redux why do you think Doopliss is town?
i really like this part of his post that i quoted. super well thought-out - he's already looking at associations at this stage and he compared town!Ran motivations to scum!Ran motivations and I thought they were very reasonable.

if you're trying to out me and him as doopliss masons it's not gonna work, pal. i actually do have a read for my read.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I asked because you called him town, yet in that mess of a multiquote post string you created you didn't explain why and actually had two negative things to say about him. I didn't see it as a contradiction, but I wanted to know your reasoning.

If you think his explanations are reasonable to what extend do you agree with him? Is Ran a scum or town lean? Why have a vote "out there" for Spak at this point in the game?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry, I had to take a 5-hour driving shift from Indiana to home. I'll read up when I'm not on mobile.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I asked because you called him town, yet in that mess of a multiquote post string you created you didn't explain why and actually had two negative things to say about him. I didn't see it as a contradiction, but I wanted to know your reasoning.
it's okay, i think it was a fair question. I was joking.

If you think his explanations are reasonable to what extend do you agree with him? Is Ran a scum or town lean? Why have a vote "out there" for Spak at this point in the game?
null. ran has made some posts that i think are town... he pointed out the same hole in Doopliss's case that i saw.

on the other hand, i agree with Doopliss that Ran came down particularly hard on Kouse, considering that he is anew player. Ran sort of dismissed this part of Doopliss's case by saying that Dooplisss was just giving Kouse a free pass as nerbtown. I don't see it that way. Kouse's #86/#89, for example (roughly: "you're focusing a lot on others to keep out of the spotlight yourself"), feels like logic that newbie town players would use. more importantly, it felt like to me that he's being wary of other players and trying to scumhunt.

Contrast that with Defens's play: when I explained my reason for asking him to vote Ran, he ignored the explanation and came up with a completely different reason to find me scummy (that i was making a diversion to make him look scummy???). he didn't really show willingness to scumhunt; rather just wanted to back up further and justify a popular scumread (at the time)

on the other other hand: i originally thought that Ran was just being proactive when he criticized me for not voting right away. hearing that he actually is not convinced that i was too lazy to type out a vote on mobile when my initial post just SCREAMS "cursory written question directed at the laster poster in half-serious rvs stage" makes me think he is just being fake <__>. like the more i think about it the more ridiculous i think it is. i don't think i will be able to get over it

now that i've typed all that i feel like he is really scum. <_<

this post is a mess i apologize for anyone that reads it sorry guys

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I wanted to see if he would do it.

and he did so now that information is out there for the town and helpful i guess
What did you draw from this info pertaining to her allignment?
i just wanted to write something quick while none of my friends were looking so that i wouldn't give away that i'm obsessed with mafia.
Embrace the obsession. Come to the dark side of SWF lol.
wait no. i just reread and i don't because his #57 is such as reach.
I'd expect that from RVS, since people are trying to launch the game off of few to no leads.
He seems to really want other people to look scummy, getting himself out of the spotlight of suspicious and push somebody else in it.
I don't really see how he's trying to get himself out of the spotlight, seeing as he hasn't tried shutting down pushes against him (thus far.) Also, I've seen him trying to push people, but not paint them in a bad light. Would you mind telling me where you saw him try to make others looks scummy where it was undeserved?
The point i was making you aren' t in the spotlight because you pushed others in it to stay out yourself.
If someone pushes someone else for illegitimate reasons, they get shoved into the spotlight and usually don't get to leave it for a while. I've seen Ran's activity as normal pushery (for his regular play style).
Your #91 seems like a bit of reaching. You also say you are null on Vult there, but you were already gaving "gutscum" vibes from him on your #57 you lost confidence on that read very quickly.
Missed that while I was reading. +1 Fanny.
kouse's posts all make sense from a newbtown perspective and I don't think scumkouse picks a fight with Ran like that
null on the rest of the lineup
I feel like Kouse would try to pick on Ran sooner than anyone else, simply because they're already friends and know each-other well.
I think Ran's reading Kouse's posts and intentions completely wrong. Not that I'm particular surprised by it, this is pretty much tryhardtownieRan in excelsis. By extended logic I also disagree with how @Dooplissity interprets Ran's play but I can't really blame him for it - if you've never played with Ran before it's easy to see his play as suspicious.
I disagree with the first part, and strongly agree with the second. Kouse's post I quoted above accuses Ran of scummy behavior, to which I think Ran appropriately responded. I agree that his play so far lines up with what I've seen of townie Ran in the past, but then again I've never seen scum Ran.
Spak has replaced S_defenestration, welcome Spak
Gut feeling, do not like how he voted for Ran.
I don't remember Kouse voting for Ran... I thought he was still on Volt.

First impressions:

1. #HBC | Nabe - Post, bro.
2. Red Ryu - Has been asking lots of good questions so far, but his reads seem a little weak right now (and he has not defended them very well thus far).
3. Gheb - I liked his post talking about Ran's play, but he hasn't posted much else.

4. Spak - Obvitown.
5. Dooplissity - He seems to be very knowledgeable about Mafia and built a pretty solid case against Ran, but I'm concerned by the fact that he's only focusing on Ran. He hasn't mentioned reads on anyone else, so I'd like to hear more about his opinions of other players before making a more solid call on this slot.
6. Vult Redux - I'll re-assess this slot on a day where I haven't been driving for 5 hours straight :tired:
7. Ranmaru - He did change his gut read mid-day with little to no explanation (which is a little fishy), but I'm seeing play that I've seen from Ran pretty much every other game I've played with him. I think that his responses have been honest based on the fact he couldn't have made up solid defenses in the time it took him to respond to most of the accusations, and he's stood by pretty much everything he's said.
8. Kouseband - This is a super weak lean and might just be noobtown presenting itself as scum, but it looks like he's intent on trying to take down Ran. I think that either Kouse and Ran are a team and this was Kouse's way to distance himself (scum!Kouse, probably not the case since I still think that Ran is pretty townie), Kouse knows that Ran won't push back as hard on the first game of Mafia so he was trying to put the spotlight on Ran (scum!Kouse), or Kouse is just using noobtown logic (town!Kouse).
9. Fandangox - Pointed out things that I missed the first read through, meaning that he's actually trying to break down an analyze everything rather than fish for a slip and then nail the person for an easy lynch. Or he's trying to find stuff to lynch people off of, but I've got a gut townie feeling on Fanny since he dropped the points against his suspect when they were explained well enough.

Town
Town read
Town lean
Null
Scum lean
Scum read
Scum

Vote: Kouseband

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
...do you want to re-read and try posting a new reads list?

What did you draw from this info pertaining to her allignment?
nothing pertaining to alignment.

earlier today I was thinking about how quickly Defens was so quick to "fall" for my "blackmail", indicating that she(?) is probably really receptive and possibly easily influenced. and that this contradicts her behavior later (ignoring my explanations and stubbornly holding onto her read). but i'm not sure this is fair to hold against her(/you, i guess) as a point distinct from the one that I already made.

ALSO i just realized that i hate the way you asked this question. in particular that you qualified it with "pertaining to alignment". like it's super unlikely for a little rvs question to say much about alignment... or to expect this, anyway. I think you hoping for me to say "aw shucks well nothin i guess" so that it looked like i was being unproductive when i actually was.

@nabes join my wagon it's going places @Gheb too i guess

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
ALSO i just realized that i hate the way you asked this question. in particular that you qualified it with "pertaining to alignment". like it's super unlikely for a little rvs question to say much about alignment... or to expect this, anyway. I think you hoping for me to say "aw shucks well nothin i guess" so that it looked like i was being unproductive when i actually was.
Any way you look at it that exchange is completely null, but I was kinda thinking you would say "aw shucks well nothin i guess." Future Spak thanks you if we ever have a game with Defen again, but Present Spak thinks it was probably a waste of time.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EBWOP: I meant to address the other part of this as well:

earlier today I was thinking about how quickly Defens was so quick to "fall" for my "blackmail", indicating that she(?) is probably really receptive and possibly easily influenced. and that this contradicts her behavior later (ignoring my explanations and stubbornly holding onto her read). but i'm not sure this is fair to hold against her(/you, i guess) as a point distinct from the one that I already made.
I have clue as to Defen's thought process throughout early D1, nor am I responsible for her actions at the time. She subbed out a day after the game started, so I would appreciate my slot being looked at primarily from my actions rather than hers since I can't defend myself for something I didn't say/do.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because its essentially the same answer she gave before I asked her about it, there's nothing for me to take from that.

She answered you adequately. I don't get your angle. You seem to have a problem with her statement, so I want you to talk to me about it. Do you disagree with what she said? Do you think she was up to something with that statement? I stated I agree with her statement, yet you ignore it. What answer are you looking for? Finally, read on Spak and Red Ryu. Any other reads?

on the other other hand: i originally thought that Ran was just being proactive when he criticized me for not voting right away. hearing that he actually is not convinced that i was too lazy to type out a vote on mobile when my initial post just SCREAMS "cursory written question directed at the laster poster in half-serious rvs stage" makes me think he is just being fake <__>. like the more i think about it the more ridiculous i think it is. i don't think i will be able to get over it
I admit my initial reasoning was reaching, but I was fine with putting it out there since it was RVS, and I had already put out there that it wasn't solid reasoning when changing my read on you. (That's generally what I do early game anyway, just check Hardbody and you'll see the same thing with Rockin) I wouldn't hold that reasoning against you since again, there is no way for me to prove it, it is null. It doesn't mean I'd put you down as town for it, I don't see why you'd expect me to believe you. Fake me would just agree that it's town for you.

Bro, are you reading? He didn't vote for me, so what are you talking about? Also, I'd like to see you flesh out your play a bit more and move your vote. I have no idea where you strongly stand. I'm concerned about your play right now.

7. Ranmaru - He did change his gut read mid-day with little to no explanation (which is a little fishy), but I'm seeing play that I've seen from Ran pretty much every other game I've played with him. I think that his responses have been honest based on the fact he couldn't have made up solid defenses in the time it took him to respond to most of the accusations, and he's stood by pretty much everything he's said.
I already explained my change afterwards in more detail.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Don't leave me hanging here. At the very least, explain what you meant by that. (You were just here)
@Dooplissity Seen you view earlier. Any recent thoughts on current events, and reads on others?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Summarily ignored... a prod's as good as a wink to a blind bat. Well, no, it's not. As good as a nudge, maybe. No one likes Ryu? I'm losing my touch... grown soft and old... Even though we were born on the same day of the same month in the same year, I am old and he is young...

Each person should make one post about a new topic to them the next time they speak. There's too much focus in here and not quite enough broad meandering. Of course, this doesn't apply to me, Gheb, or Ryu, for whom conversation is an occasional gift unto others, to be treasured for its uniqueness and rarity.

@nabes join my wagon it's going places
Vote: Spak
since it's you, but you get 24 hours max. to nudge the dirt out of the hole.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I already explained my change afterwards in more detail.
OK, thanks for telling me. I made your read after my first read through and didn't remember that exchange for some reason, but now I see your reasoning more clearly.
Each person should make one post about a new topic to them the next time they speak.
That's pretty difficult when I've tried to cover everything of relevance so far this game. Is there any topic in particular you'd like me to discuss?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just got home from a day of playing football with friends. I'll dig into this tomorrow and get **** going.

:059:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
8. Kouseband - This is a super weak lean and might just be noobtown presenting itself as scum, but it looks like he's intent on trying to take down Ran. I think that either Kouse and Ran are a team and this was Kouse's way to distance himself (scum!Kouse, probably not the case since I still think that Ran is pretty townie), Kouse knows that Ran won't push back as hard on the first game of Mafia so he was trying to put the spotlight on Ran (scum!Kouse), or Kouse is just using noobtown logic (town!Kouse).
Really? It looks like it was the opposite to me, also can you please explain more about them being a team? I think it's way too early to start looking at connections without any alignment info. You give a lot of possibilities in this post, so what's your reasoning? Is Kouse still your biggest scumlean?

it's okay, i think it was a fair question. I was joking.

null. ran has made some posts that i think are town... he pointed out the same hole in Doopliss's case that i saw.

on the other hand, i agree with Doopliss that Ran came down particularly hard on Kouse, considering that he is anew player. Ran sort of dismissed this part of Doopliss's case by saying that Dooplisss was just giving Kouse a free pass as nerbtown. I don't see it that way. Kouse's #86/#89, for example (roughly: "you're focusing a lot on others to keep out of the spotlight yourself"), feels like logic that newbie town players would use. more importantly, it felt like to me that he's being wary of other players and trying to scumhunt.

Contrast that with Defens's play: when I explained my reason for asking him to vote Ran, he ignored the explanation and came up with a completely different reason to find me scummy (that i was making a diversion to make him look scummy???). he didn't really show willingness to scumhunt; rather just wanted to back up further and justify a popular scumread (at the time)

now that i've typed all that i feel like he is really scum. <_<

this post is a mess i apologize for anyone that reads it sorry guys
If you think he's scum, why is your vote still on Spak? Do you think he's also scum? Is it because of your #130? If so can you elaborate more?

She answered you adequately. I don't get your angle. You seem to have a problem with her statement, so I want you to talk to me about it. Do you disagree with what she said? Do you think she was up to something with that statement? I stated I agree with her statement, yet you ignore it. What answer are you looking for? Finally, read on Spak and Red Ryu. Any other reads?
Its not that complicated, her answer to my question was very similar to her post that made me bring up the question. Its like tiptoing around a question, I was trying to get a read on a player I did not know, that **** went down the drain once Spak replaced in.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You are not answering my questions Fandango. You said the same exact thing before. Do you agree or disagree with what she said?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Really? It looks like it was the opposite to me, also can you please explain more about them being a team? I think it's way too early to start looking at connections without any alignment info. You give a lot of possibilities in this post, so what's your reasoning? Is Kouse still your biggest scumlean?
The possibilities are just me throwing ideas out there, although the Ran team isn't so likely to me right now since I think Ran is pretty townie. He's my biggest scumlean, which I will elaborate on when I'm off mobile.
Good choice.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Summarily ignored... a prod's as good as a wink to a blind bat. Well, no, it's not. As good as a nudge, maybe. No one likes Ryu? I'm losing my touch... grown soft and old... Even though we were born on the same day of the same month in the same year, I am old and he is young...

Each person should make one post about a new topic to them the next time they speak. There's too much focus in here and not quite enough broad meandering. Of course, this doesn't apply to me, Gheb, or Ryu, for whom conversation is an occasional gift unto others, to be treasured for its uniqueness and rarity.

Vote: Spak
since it's you, but you get 24 hours max. to nudge the dirt out of the hole.
i hate you and also love you. together we WILL lynch the scum. don't flop on me pls

pretty busy today guys. will catch up tomorrow. :( i agree that i need to start reading at other slots because i haven't read e.g. Fand at all yet

Maven89

Smash Master
The Vote Count

Ranmaru (1) - Dooplissity
Kousband (2) - Ranmaru, Spak
Volt Redux (1) - Kousband
Spak (2) - Vult Redux, #HBC | Nabe

the NOT VOTING Count

-Gheb
-Fandangox
- Red Ryu

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch! As always let me know if I made a mistake

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That's pretty difficult when I've tried to cover everything of relevance so far this game. Is there any topic in particular you'd like me to discuss?
What do you think of Ran continuing to be aggressive and nudge Fand over what seems to be a disagreement over semantics? Or, is it what I'm saying it is?

What do you think of Vult as he nudges your rump? Why's he doing it?

Say no more!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe, Fandango is dodging an important issue here. I am trying to understand why he would question Defen after she answered him adequately. Put simply, I''m trying to read him.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
so i lied i can read and post some tonight.

I think Ran's reading Kouse's posts and intentions completely wrong. Not that I'm particular surprised by it, this is pretty much tryhardtownieRan in excelsis. By extended logic I also disagree with how @Dooplissity interprets Ran's play but I can't really blame him for it - if you've never played with Ran before it's easy to see his play as suspicious.
I disagree with the first part, and strongly agree with the second. Kouse's post I quoted above accuses Ran of scummy behavior, to which I think Ran appropriately responded. I agree that his play so far lines up with what I've seen of townie Ran in the past, but then again I've never seen scum Ran.

3. Gheb - I liked his post talking about Ran's play, but he hasn't posted much else.
wait so just to clarify you liked gheb's post? i thought it was lazy and vague.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, but I am curious why you didn't attempt on mobile, I can do it easily, though I am a mod and have been here for a while so I know how to easily.

But no attempt? Why?
At the moment, Vult is null to me. I am curious as to why you feel he is null though. Do you agree with my reasoning? Read on Fandango and Doopliss?

It seems like the opposite to me with his questions, what strikes you as him just not saying much?
What does opposite mean? What's your read on Ryu now?

what do you think of Defen's posts regarding your position on Kouse?
You asked me this. Why did you ask, you have any ideas on it?

Seems like I mixed some players up, whoops give me a bit and I'll do a full reread with full reads on everyone.
I want you to explain why you think you mixed them up. There is something I can guess, but I want to see your thought process on it. How does that affect your scumlean on Kouse?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
You are not answering my questions Fandango. You said the same exact thing before. Do you agree or disagree with what she said?
Ran maybe if you read the game carefully you wouldn't be wasting time making pointless questions. Of course I disagreed.

I MADE THAT CLEAR ON THE SAME POST I ASKED THE QUESTION THE FIRST TIME. I said her opinion on Ryu's question was the opposite to me. What does that read to you like?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
for anyone else confusing about Ran vs Fand (I know I was!) this is what they are talking about:

Yeah, RR has been asking a lot, but hasn't been saying much. I'd like to hear his thoughts on everyone as well.
It seems like the opposite to me with his questions, what strikes you as him just not saying much?
Fandangox Fandangox RR has been asking a lot of everyone else, but hasn't really given his opinion on anything. I just want him to share his thoughts a bit more.
You ignored my question. I already said I don't have that many opinions on everyone since the game just started, except for Ran who has posted the most and Ruy whose questions I thought were good.
i actually disagree with Nabes and agree with Ran (my read on him? an enigma. if a cop investigates him i will be eternally grateful kthx).

it looks like Fand was sort of... assuming that S_Defenstration's post didn't answer the question even though she did clarify that RR seems to not be saying much because hadn't given concrete opinions on other players (I and a few other players iirc felt the same way at the time).

Fandangox

Smash Lord
What does opposite mean? What's your read on Ryu now?
1: I said before that Ryu's questions seemed like they had scumhunting intent.

2: Defen shows up and says that Ryu seems to not be saying nothing in his posts.

3: I disagreed, asked her why she thought that.

4: She answered, but it was pretty much the same wording from the post I asked her for.

It's all there if you bother to read the game Ran.

You asked me this. Why did you ask, you have any ideas on it?
I mean. I asked because I wanted to know what you thought about it, Im holding my thoughts on it until you answer.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Why don't you take the initiative? Anything that tickles your fancy aside from the question you made to Spak? What are your thoughts on Vult?

@Kouseband where are you? What are your thoughts on the game?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
jic anyone asks the only player i really like atm is doopliss and i need him to come back so we can turn up the heat on somebody.

i mildly dislike gheb, fand, RR, and spak. i liked Nabes until he reduced an (imo) legit argument into "semantics". i like Ran today but tomorrow i will probably remember something scummy that he did and dislike him again. Kouse hasn't given me enough to work with.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let me make my position on Fandango clear. I feel he is scum, trying to paint myself and then Defen as scum.You can clearly see this in his questioning to Defen, which for some reason, he does not accept the answer. It reads to me as trying to make her look bad, when she was actually correct to assume Ryu is questioning alot, but not actually giving conclusions from his questions. I also see this in his wording about my read change on Vult. "You lost your confidence quite fast, eh?" as if that's supposed to be a point against me, I find this attempt tainting. It's a good thing to re-evaluate reads, and I think it was a good time to drop my little push on Vult. He is doing a little too much asking, and not enough giving reads/votes. I think he would have done more had she not replaced out, but I do not think his intentions were genuine.

I also want to state to the whole town, that reading Ryu simply on his questioning is not enough. He's a null at best, and his lack of play is concerning. I saw him supporting me on my little vult push and that's it. Not to mention that Ryu wasn't proactive about it and hopped on it as soon as I started it. I think Fandango's opinion of Ryu is a half-assed attempt at a read.

Unvote Vote: FangangoX

Top Bottom