• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monk Maz Koshia Support Thread!

D

Deleted member

Before I begin, I should answer some questions.

Q: Why not any of the Champions?
A: Because they have zero moveset potential, and adding one of them would mean all of them would have to be included

Q: Why not [insert BOTW boss here]?
A: The majority of them are too big to fit, even if scaled down.(see Stone Talus for example) Master Kogha is the only other character that MIGHT fit, but has less moveset potential.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

MONK MAZ KOSHIA
jpg.jpeg

Context:
Monk Maz Koshia is the final boss of BOTW's DlC pack 2, The Champion's Ballad.
He challenges Link to a fight after you complete all the trials of the DLC, and due to his unique nature, has overall good moveset potential.

Moveset
Im going to omit things like regular attacks as I feel that doing so will make this post too long.

Gimmick:

By holding down taunt, Koshia will spawn clones of himself(max: 4 for ALL Koshia's)'
These Clones will function similarly too Reinforcements in WOL, and can deal damage as well.
Clones can use some attacks by themselves, while others cannot be used.
Upon hitting the real Koshia, all clones will flee the fight.
Hitting a clone will make it flee as well.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: Koshia TP's above a fighter on the ground(if none are on the ground the move will fail) and slashes his sword down in a manner similar to Link's Dair. Clones will attempt to do this move on activation but can be stunned during the move.

Side Special: Dashes towards the opponent and slices in a Sickle pattern. If clones are on the stage they will do this move as well(with a slight delay)

Up Special: Koshia will jump up into the air, float for a bit, then lock on to the nearest opponent(in a 1v1, he will always lock on to the opponent) and shoot one of the 3 elemental arrows(Shock, Fire, and Ice)
Clones can use this move on their own, but cannot be controlled using this move.

Down Special: Koshia will dash at the player in a style similar to ThunderBlight Ganon, and hit the opponent.
Clones cannot use this attack

Video for context:
Link

Potential Final Smash(s)

FS #1:
Koshia uses ancient sheika tech to grow bigger, and then charges a guardian like lazer. Can be aimed. Only used when no enemies are nearby
FS #1(alternative) When enemies are close, a clone of Sheik's final smash will be used instead.

FS #2: Koshia grow big again, but stands up, and pummels the stage. Any Opponents nearby get grounded.

How did you like it?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
while i do support all zelda characters some things, cant you support them without being mean to other characters? saying a character has zero move set potential is flawed as sukarai is not above making stuff up and the too big thing went out the window with ridley

Top Bottom