• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monado quick change with tap jump

[mastershake]~~

Smash Cadet
Anyone else having trouble switching monado arts in air with tap jump on? It keeps wasting my double jump! I'd just turn tap jump off but up B out of shield is so much easier with it on. Any suggestions how to stop this?

elrelster

Smash Cadet
Honestly I'm going learn to play without tap jump specifically because of this. I just realized as I was playing that I can't switch to jump mid-recovery because "buffering" the up position after holding B but before the art shows wastes my second jump. Even if I wait to have them show to select it, the window still seems too small.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Actually you can choose an art with the C-stick too, except you have to time it because the game won't hold the directional input. Also, of course if the dial is up for long enough then it will ignore tap jump, but that's sort of slow.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Honestly, I haven't used the quick change - old habits die hard. That being said, I don't use tap jump - I'm heavy handed with the sticks and I like my tilts too much

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Actually you can choose an art with the C-stick too, except you have to time it because the game won't hold the directional input. Also, of course if the dial is up for long enough then it will ignore tap jump, but that's sort of slow.
Do you have to continie to hold the "B" button while using the C-stick?

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Do you have to continie to hold the "B" button while using the C-stick?
I've been letting go of special at around the same time I input C-stick, or maybe slightly later. It's surprisingly hard though. Also it can make you attack.

Top Bottom