• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

momentum cancelling with zss

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
Have been doing research into DI/SDI. one concept i came across was momentum cancelling (stopping your vertical/horizontal momentum after being sent flying), which was found here http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-lab-info-dump.353758/#post-13758573. This part was confusing to me:

"It should be kept in mind that this is not meant to be used in combination with Dair. Assuming the Dair of a specific character does not have momentum changing properties as seen in some characters (ie. Toon Link/IC/ZSS), Dair with C-Stick while the control stick is not held down for any value is the fastest method to achieve a fastfall because it fastfalls on the exact frame Dair is inputted. The method listed here inputs the aerial followed by a fastfall input on the frame immediately after."

This follows a section regarding how to frame-perfect input an aerial after a fastfall. However, the overall goal of this is technique is to cancel your momentum in the air. Am i to understand that the ideal method of inputting dair immediately following the fast fall input WILL NOT WORK for zss, because her dair does not affect momentum?

If thats the case, what is the best way to stop aerial momentum as zss? Ive also found that some characters B-special attacks will immediately alter momentum (DK's up-B, i think?). Does zss have a special attack that will immediately alter momentum?

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I was under the impression that knockback momentum cancelling was more or less removed from PM (and is only retained in selected cases like G&W's bucket braking). That said, that thread is a brawl thread where all of the characters listed had down airs that stalled and dropped, which is no longer the case in Project M.

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
I was under the impression that knockback momentum cancelling was more or less removed from PM (and is only retained in selected cases like G&W's bucket braking). That said, that thread is a brawl thread where all of the characters listed had down airs that stalled and dropped, which is no longer the case in Project M.
ahh thanks for the clarification on that. Glad to know thats removed, one less bit of errata to keep in mind.

Top Bottom