• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I find that a good way to do the LHDL is:

While on the ledge hit away from the ledge and then quickly side your finger back towards the stage....jump (X or Y while still holding towards the stage) and then hit B twice.

Good stuff Mogwai.
you really should do it with down, the fast fall is important to make it as fast as possible :ohwell:

mogwai whats the next lesson!?!?!
First off, it's not going up until I finish getting those HWs up.

Secondly, this class is driven by the students. Whatever people are interested in hearing from me (that I still find remotely interesting), will be the subject of the next lesson.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys help me shine-combo chars that aren't fast fallers. (who DI)

When they DI away or something, you need to waveshine to reach them. when I then try to dair them back to the ground so I can shine or utilt them they will either reach the ground before I do or they can jump away
I can do it if I just jump out of shine but if they DI so I need to waveshine I don't have enough time
help guyz

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
uhh i tend to just laser after the shine...or like at low percents waveshine dj dair..

but mog is gonna come in here and raep my strat so ill let him tell you

soap

Smash Hero
Guys help me shine-combo chars that aren't fast fallers. (who DI)

When they DI away or something, you need to waveshine to reach them. when I then try to dair them back to the ground so I can shine or utilt them they will either reach the ground before I do or they can jump away
I can do it if I just jump out of shine but if they DI so I need to waveshine I don't have enough time
help guyz
platforms help alot to combo these characters

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
uhh i tend to just laser after the shine...or like at low percents waveshine dj dair..

but mog is gonna come in here and raep my strat so ill let him tell you
YOUR STRAT BLOWS OMG YOU SUCK SO HARD!

j/k, it's actually pretty sound advice :p. When in doubt, it's almost always safe to just DJ double laser them, fast fall and then get back to the game.

It's so character, stage/location on the stage, and % dependent that there's really no way that I can tell you what's going to work without a more specific scenario.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I'll give a specific example: Let's say I shine a sheik at low percent on FD and they DI away. What's the best option for following up here?
First, you wavedash out of the shine in the direction that they went. Then in they're low enough, SHFFL nair -> dash attack/aerial of choice, otherwise, dash jump -> shine -> dair -> fast fall -> tech chase with laser -> shine or grab. If they didn't tech, you can utilt -> imediate double jumped dair (so that the weak part hits) -> utilt -> follow up bair/shine->bair.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
nice read

Subscribed

Feels like a dumb thing to ask about but I get grabbed a lot as Falco. I get the impression only like terrible people get grabbed as spacies or something but is there anything worth saying for Falco on not getting grabbed?

more homework for existing stuff would be cool, thanks much for the stuff on grabs and lasers. I'm not smart enough to fully appreciate the CP section yet but thanks for that too :)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
What is up with the Uair? No pun intended. Sometimes I get a weak hit where I can go into a shine, and sometimes I get a strong hit. Do I have to just learn the timing for whatever hit I want. Sorry for being off topic.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
What is up with the Uair? No pun intended. Sometimes I get a weak hit where I can go into a shine, and sometimes I get a strong hit. Do I have to just learn the timing for whatever hit I want. Sorry for being off topic.
it's not timing, it's the positioning.

The area around Falco's body (lower) will deliver a weak hit, while the area around his leg (higher) will deliver a strong hit. The weak hit doesn't really combo in most cases because it generates close to 0 hit lag, but it will catch people off guard sometimes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Can someone explain how exactly nair shines (or shine nairs... whatever) work and maybe when to use them? I don't even know what they are :S
They are different things.

Shine -> nair is like shine -> bairing, but with nair istead of bair. -_-...
That just means you shine someone midair, then immediately jump out with a nair, almost instantaneously. Shine -> nair is rarely the correct thing to do, but it's OK.

Nair -> shine is just SHFFL nair to shine, which is either a combo starter or a shield pressure technique, depending on whether they shielded or not. It's pretty generically useful.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
First, you wavedash out of the shine in the direction that they went. Then in they're low enough, SHFFL nair -> dash attack/aerial of choice, otherwise, dash jump -> shine -> dair -> fast fall -> tech chase with laser -> shine or grab. If they didn't tech, you can utilt -> imediate double jumped dair (so that the weak part hits) -> utilt -> follow up bair/shine->bair.
I see.... so things like shine->dair->shine or shine->dair->utilt only works if they don't di?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I see.... so things like shine->dair->shine or shine->dair->utilt only works if they don't di?
as a falco, don't try to learn specific combos, just try to get a feel for what is going to work and what won't. Sometimes those things will work, and other times they won't, I'm just trying to give you ideas. Everything in smash is so situational that you're better off getting a feel for the game than memorizing things that will work (except out of grabs since there is very little variation in what will happen out of them. But Falco's grabs guarantee nothing, so there's really nothing you should be trying to memorize outside of early shine combos on fast fallers).

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. if a falco comes at my peach with patterns of shffling lasers and dairs, they usually get punished by jumping into my dairs or not spacing away from my dsmashes. (i sound like i play gay. lol)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
or you just constant laser pressure...utnil you HAVE to go intot he air...then i find peach is easy to get a dair off on...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my friend park mains a really aggressive falco. and i consider him to be better than me.
but my peach beats him in sets because he doesn't space well enough in the peach match up.
falco can dominate peach until he makes a mistake.
but peach can punish him too well.

this is all IMO. i could be ********.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. i guess what i meant was, it's harder to space well against a peach than most chars.
rather it requires a different kind of spacing.

man... nvm lol
my falco is garbage anyway
i'll stop acting like i know what i'm talking about.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
no its ok i come here and get ***** by mog everytime i say somehting

he'll prolly come here and tell me im wrong :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha that'd be cool if some1 took my side on this. jk
he's pretty smart. (or sounds like it.)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
he knows alot about falco

iv eonly mained falco for about 3 months :/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i know the falco match up, from a peach perspective. lmao
so i guess my contribution to this thread is nearing it's end... sadface.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yuck peach :/ thats a matchup i wasnt familiar with until recently.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that's like saying peach needs more dsmash.
it's true on the most basic levels, and then some.
but it doesn't just make all the bad men go away.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that is often the answer. but it is less often encouraged.
they dsmash out of panic (guilty if you remember)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
mogwai i ahvea question

what happens if we feed you after midnight?

Top Bottom