• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Model Resizing?

D

Deleted member

I wasn't sure where to post this, so feel free to move this post if need be.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to rescale character models using CrazyHand or by Hex editing?

zankyou

Smash Lord
I wasn't sure where to post this, so feel free to move this post if need be.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to rescale character models using CrazyHand or by Hex editing?
You should be able to scale the TransN bone. Which is the second bone.

Zadamanim

Smash Cadet
just a quick note, model scaling using that value will not scale hitboxes as well. They will be attached to the same bones (which is good) but they will not be bigger/smaller (which is very bad). If you change model size just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

just a quick note, model scaling using that value will not scale hitboxes as well. They will be attached to the same bones (which is good) but they will not be bigger/smaller (which is very bad). If you change model size just keep that in mind.
Ok, I'll just have to edit the TransN bones.
Z zankyou Which program should I use to edit character bones?

zankyou

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll just have to edit the TransN bones.
Z zankyou Which program should I use to edit character bones?
You have to use a hex editor and manually change it. You can try DTW. Open the character in the structural analysis tab and the first child bone is the TransN.

Last edited:

Zadamanim

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure I follow, but I think there may have been a misunderstanding. I meant that the hitboxes are not bigger, but the bones do grow with the model. So the hitboxes are in the right places relative to the larger/smaller character, but being too big can make things like sweetspots not function properly on smaller characters (weak hitboxes overlap them), or gaps between hitboxes on larger characters. Or maybe I'm the one misunderstanding. Does editing the TransN bones effect hitbox sizes?

D

Deleted member

You have to use a hex editor and manually change it. You can try DTW. Open the character in the structural analysis tab and the first child bone is the TransN.
Ok, I'll look into it. Do I need to do a bit of Hexing in DTW, or is it pretty much model editing? I'm not familiar with DTW.

Top Bottom