• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Model importing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I've been away from this scene for a long time-- but I see now that there is model importing in Melee. Perhaps someone could direct me towards a guide for how this works? I'm familiar with 3D Modeling and rigging, so I'm assuming the overall process is about the same as any other game, correct?

DRGN

Technowizard
There are two places you can look for just about everything prominent on models:
1) around the top of this subforum (the stickied threads)
2) the OP of Melee Hacks and You: New Hackers Start Here; in the OP, scroll down to the subsection for models

There aren't really step-by-step guides yet, as there's still a lot of experimenting and limited-scope work going on. But if you want to go deeper and learn how to read/edit the model data's hex, check out the links in the Melee Hacks and You thread linked to above. Some of the threads are kinda old, but feel free to bump them if you're studying them and have questions or new insight. We're always eager to see new models R&D. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom