• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modding Gamecube Triggers

Northern

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, so I just have a quick question about modding gamecube triggers. So my biggest annoyance with the gamecube controller is that the L and R button are not automatic like all other buttons are and so because of this I sometimes miss a perfect shield because of the delay in my L button so I'd like to know if modding the L and R buttons on a gamecube controller would be legal not just for a local or regional but even for a tournament as big as EVO. I'm pretty sure I remember a video of AnTi in February showing off his new gamecube controller with modded L and R buttons to where those buttons acted just like all other buttons and then he went on to win I think ETSU Con the next day, I'm not sure if he still uses that controller or not

TL;DR: Is modding the controller to make the shoulder buttons act like all other buttons legal at the highest level of Smash

Top Bottom