• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mod Idea and I don't know where to start.

Geno_Boost

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. Good day. I'm new to these boards if my post count isn't obvious enough to state it. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm assuming I'm not that far off from the subject on this forum. I'll take my chances. I just recently, a while ago came up with this new idea that I don't even know if someone already came up with but would love to see it implemented if it hasn't already. Now I don't know where to start. And I'm not well informed exactly about the capabilities of modding and whether it has any limits, but here is my idea on a potential mod.
So, as I was watching videos on the super smash bros. Ultimate demo, I started to compare the pacing of the game to that of its predecessors. I then noticed and had this "epiphany" of a sorts and realized, every single smash bros. game has something that makes its speed and overall strategy good in its own right. Let me say that contrary to most people I had an immense amount of enjoyment during the brawl days. Even if the meta wasn't great I still enjoyed playing at the slow, safe pace and finding an opening on the opponent. It came to the point that when you succesfully landed a hit on them, it mattered, and it made for some hype moments in my day going to local tournaments. In that sense the following smash bros. Games died off and didn't deliver the same, in that sense, reiterating, although this was in favor of a different and arguably superior experience. I realize how each installment brings something different with its different pace.
So here's the presenting idea.
Why don't we make a mod with every available pace among the different smash bros. series mashed into one?
It starts off like this. As the round begins everyone plays at a slow, strategic pace. Think about Brawl (or even improved version). Then something happens or a specific situation triggers (I need help on this one), and the game picks up a slightly faster pace, keeping players on their toes, and allowing slightly more risks, though not overextension, to be rewarded. After getting used to this pace, once again it picks up an even higher pace, ideally this is where the grinding for percentage done on the opposing player early on starts to pay off and taking stocks from the opponent becomes easier. This helps mitigate the staleness of each game and keeps players ready for the next thing. It makes it so players need to adapt to every different strategy and feels exactly that way, more strategic. So this is the gist of it, and I think from a spectator point of view it would also feel exciting. Of course this is just the rough draft of this idea and it is obviously in its initial stages, but I would love it if someone could implement it somehow, and obviously, some help with the execution of the idea and/or brainstorming to flesh it out and bring it to life. Tell me what you think and if this seems like something you would like to play, and of course, I am open to suggestions. :)

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing a mod like this called "Ultimate Brawl", if you want to help then jump right in!

EDIT: Nevermind, saw that pace changing thing and no that's currently not possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom