• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
RESULTS

2v2 (51 teams total)
1 Ken / Isai Winnings: $645.00
2 Rob / Zulu Winnings: $185.00
3 Caveman / Smiles Winnings: $92.00
4 Husband / Wife Winnings: $30.00
5 Mike G / Cahphoenix Winnings: $20
5 Mr Silver / Eddie Winnings: $20
7 Darkshark / Straight Winnings: $15
7 Drew / Davey Winnings: $15
9 Sean / Lord
9 Fear / HugS
9 Arash /Oro
9 Dmac / Darkrain
13 Jra64/Roy
13 Red / Kirk
13 Richard / Marcus
13 Sintenal / Silas
17 7's / Bryan
17 3vil/ssbmaddict07
17 Atom / Gore
17 Bluk / Shep
17 Mr C / Leprechaun
17 Scav/SoupNazi
17 Quinten / Marcos
17 Jotun/Dcx
25 Sonward / JCPWN
25 kenshin/Fluffy
25 Macinwulf / Jimi8705
25 Clever/Fury
25 Yuki Tanuki/Artic Dracula
25 AOB/Jfreak
25 Brandon Birl / **** Smith
25 Raxorz / Boogie
33 Jeff/DOH
33 Enix_Moogle/Kyre
33 Flat/Tndo
33 bahamut/Dracadragon
33 Samusedaway / lightcatchers
33 Andy / Melissa
33 Sega / Grey
33 Schmatt / Doug
33 Bunny Avengin / Jesi782
33 Brandon Morgan / Jeremy Morgan
33 Sibs / Cody Rain
33 Mike / Mr Blonde
33 Fast2 / Earthbowser
33 Zap / Cody
33 Jri3102 / Sofakingswik
33 Toan Tran / Julian Cervantes
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Sethlon / G@be
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Josh Jarrell / Justim McArtney
49 Bye
49 Bye
49 Lazy Always Wins / David Schmitt
49 Bye
49 CORY/Alucard
49 Bye

Crew (14 crews total)
1 Super Sayain 3 Isai
2 Crystal City
3 Team Chuck Norris
4 Empyre
5 Operation Rat
5 Lupeloopa Koopa Troopa
5 GGGGGG-Unit
5 DKREW Foreign Legion
9 SoCal TX
9 Flower Mound
9 Team Schwippy
9 Bye
9 TXK
9 Bye
9 Lawerence
9 Brothers Of Smash

1v1 (128 total)
1 isai Winnings: $1,200.00
2 SephriothKen Winnings: $360.00
3 Caveman Winnings: $180.00
4 Zulu Winnings: $30.00
5 Rob$ Winnings: $20
5 Bike Leee Winnings: $20
7 4wrd Winnings: $15
7 Smiles Winnings: $15
9 Darkrain
9 Roy
9 KirbyKid
9 Husband
13 Arash
13 Bluk
13 Wife
13 Mr. Silver
17 DrDrewtheDragon
17 Marcos
17 MedalFighterX
17 Majin
17 Big Gman
17 AOB
17 Red
17 S.O.S.
25 Scav
25 Zeroes
25 HugS
25 Silas Elias
25 Kenshin
25 darkshark
25 Cory
25 Oro
33 Bryan
33 DMAC
33 Clever
33 Jew
33 Artic Dracula
33 Fear
33 3vil
33 Quinten
33 DCX
33 JCPWN
33 CahPhoenix
33 Jchmack
33 Firegod
33 Gore
33 Straight
33 Robhimself
49 Prevenge
49 LazyAlwaysWins
49 Shep
49 Atom
49 Jimi8705
49 Wild Boris
49 Dragon Slayr
49 Jra64
49 Ryux
49 Lord
49 7's
49 Dyc
49 Leprechaun
49 Sauce
49 ssbmaddict07
49 Kamikaza Pso
65 Rayzorium
65 Grey
65 Jri3102
65 xion
65 Razor X
65 Titan44
65 Mookie Rah
65 Fury
65 Zap
65 Sofaking
65 KeysTH
65 Sethlon
65 Bahamut
65 Bunnyavenger
65 Reckon
65 Crashman
65 Soup Nazi
65 Alucard
65 DOH
65 PitchD
65 Davey
65 Coach
65 Yokoson
65 Jesi782
65 Poot
65 Chaos
65 SHMATT
65 JesusFreak
65 Fast2
65 Jotun
65 Johnny
65 Sonward
97 TNDO
97 Drac
97 DNA
97 **** Smith
97 FLAT
97 Zach
97 Kyre
97 Yukitanuki
97 Zero
97 Chickiara
97 Jeff Blakesly
97 Enix_Moogle
97 POW
97 McFox
97 Cody
97 Moogle
97 SamusedAway
97 Tallyman
97 PDFarsight
97 pyrex
97 Earth Bowser
97 Aion
97 Sega
97 JORB
97 Thebeanpol
97 Stun Gun
97 G@BE
97 Fraley
97 sibs3085
97 sunkist4life
97 Name
97 NeoBloodXPK

BIG IMPORTANT UPDATE 1/8
This thread is fricken massive. So, with one week to go before the Big Day (tm), here's all the super duper important information that everyone needs to read.

1)(shamelessly copied from the website)
For those of you driving in on Friday, please go to Matt Wisnewski's house. The address is:

3512 Old Manse Ct
Plano, Tx

Once again, everybody meets at Matt Wisnewski's house on Friday, January 14th. Go there first, and we'll hail you and greet you with gold plated pigeons. EVERYBODY MEETS AT MATT WISNEWSKI'S HOUSE ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 14th.

If you are driving in on Saturday or Sunday, meet at Tru-Gamerz. The address is:

19009 South Preston Road,
Suite 205
Dallas, Texas 75252

Just South of the President Bush Freeway, at Lloyd

If you have any questions at all, or are in Dallas and are quite lost, or just want to chat because you're lonely, my cell number is (214) 505-3938. I don't advise calling if you're lonely, however, I can be quite boring sometimes. Maybe I'll read you my latest short story... that would be great punishment! And by punishment, I of course mean reward.

So again, the number to know is (214) 505-3938. Ask for Scav, though if anybody but me answers, it might be nice of you to report a stolen cellphone to the police.

2) Check out http://themoast.smashboards.com/packet.doc for a copy of our information packet. We'll have hard copies to give out on the day of, but it contains a lot of information that you should definitely read, such as a concrete price sheet, a map, and contact information. Not to mention a few special offe
rs.

3) THE REGISTRATION FORM STINKS. E-mail me instead. I need the information posted at http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html . Email it to me at Scavenger382@hotmail.com if you haven't done so already.

4) Go to Matt Wisnewski's house on Friday.

5) Go to Tru Gamerz on Saturday

6) You do not talk about Fight Club

7) Everybody except for, like, 3 people requested a quiet house. So worry not about your placing... we'll be having "quiet timez" starting at 2am, depending on the house. You can still play, but be bashful and shy.

If you have any questions, you can email me at Scavenger382@hotmail.com, catch me AIM as ScavMF, pm me here, or call my cell. Abuse of contact privelages will result in osteoporosis.

-------------------------------------------

It's the... MOAST, wonderful time, of the year!

Ladies and gentlement, after weeks and months of planning and slaving (with many more to come), the Dkrew of Texas finally presents: MOAST3!

For MOAST2, Texas pulled out all the stops and hosted the best tournament the state has seen. But now, for 3, we are going to outdo even ourselves.

The Third Mother Of All Smash Tournaments
Sunday, January 16th (MLK Weekend)

Rules:

1v1 -
2/3
No Items
Advanced Slob Picks
Random: Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
Non-Random: Peach's Castle, DK Rap, Brinstar, Corneria, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdrom, DK 64, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Pokefloats, Big Blue, MK2
Banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Fourside, Termina
One level strike is permitted.
Finals will be 3/5

-------------------------------------

Why should you come to MOAST3?

1) You will never find a bigger, more competitive tournament in the state of Texas.

2) You will never find a tournament that is better run... anywhere in the *country*. We have been hosting tournaments for 3 years now, and we know our stuff. Effeciency is the second most important part. The first? Fun. We gear our tournaments towards you, the player. There will be casual play available at all times, and tons of other ways for everyone to have a **** good time, even if you go 0-2.

3) Cheap Pizza! Cheap drinks! (Of the non-alcoholic variety, sorry kiddos. Soda rules!)

4) Finally, we will be guaranteeing a $900 pot. As of this moment, this is the largest cash prize given out at any Texas smash tournament, ever. We will be giving prizes to the Top 8 smashers. That's a 900 dolllar minimum... if we get more than 60, then obviously more goes in.

7th/7th: $15 each

5th/5th: $20 each

4th: $30

3rd: 10% of remaining

2nd: 20% of remaining

1st: 70% of remaining

Last year, we had 60 people. We're using that as our jumping point. These numbers are if we have 60, and with 6 months of hyping, we're planning to have more than that. Why? Because this is MOAST, and it comes but once a year. It is Texas' party.

Other perks: Free housing. Last year MOAST was in Houston, but this year we are moving it back to Dallas, its home. Because of this, we can offer free housing to anyone that needs it.

19009 South Preston Road,
Suite 205
Plano, Texas 75252
Just South of the President Bush Freeway, at Lloyd
http://www.tru-gamerz.com

Tru-Gamerz is a lan center that is opening in late August in Dallas. The location offers more space than we had in Houston, plus a very large number of perks. All-you-can-eat Pizza and Soda (cooked at pizza kitchen in the store) all day for $5-10. Pool tables, foosball, 12 TVs (smash on all of them,) and access to several dozen Lanned computers. Want to play some counterstrike or Warcraft in between rounds? Go ahead.

And for the finals: a room with 2 projectors placing the game across opposing walls, with stadium seating and an announcing system.

Admission Prices: We have always wanted MOAST to be affordable, but competitive. We've increased the prices slightly from last year.

1v1s - $15
Registration Fee - $10

------------------------

Update 9/26!

MOAST3 WILL BE TWO DAYS. Yep, you heard me, Texas' best smash tournament just got bester. We're so motherly, you'll be begging to be mothered.

There will be 4 main events:

Saturday, 1/15-
Low Tier 1v1
Teams Tournament (main event)
Crew

Sunday, 1/16-
1v1 Tournament

The Low Tier and Crew tournament are both small side-events that will have their own ruleset, entry fee (if applicable,) etc. Chang-sta is in charge of the low tier, and Sintenal and Silas are in charge of Crew. Drew's post below mine will describe the rulesets and procedures for them.

The 2v2 will cost $10 per person. This brings costs to 10 for registration, 15 for 1v1, and 10 for teams, which is a healthy $35. The price distribution for teams will be a straight up 70/20/10 split, unlike the 1v1 distribution with awards for top 8.

HOUSING-
Again, everybody will have housing! There is no need to ask about it as of yet, for we'll have it fully ironed out around early november. Obviously, if you can find housing on your own, that would go a long way to lightening our load... but if your unable, our doors are open.

RULES CHANGES-
There will be no round robin for 2v2 or 1v1, as originally described. There is simply not enough time in the century for us to go through a round robin seeding before the actual tournament. Worry not, for we'll have plenty of side events and free play tvs going on. You will not be bored! As I've said, MOAST is as much a tournament for the people who go 0-2.

There, Scav, was that so hard? I mean, really, was it? You spent HOW long updating the first post? Fah. What? Moast3 is 2 days? Woo!

Ok guys! We have less than a month to go, so it's time to take care of some housekeeping.

If you are coming to MOAST3, please visit the link below and preregister. This will give us an idea of how many people are coming. It's non-binding, and you won't be fully enrolled until you pay when you arrive, but this lets us know who to expect, as well as get a jump on seeding (which we will announce shortly.)

http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html

If you are flying in or requesting housing, please fill out the form.

The link has 3 forms. Registration, Flight information, and Housing Request. Fill out whatever applies to you.

And, to continue the trend of obnoxious bolding, If you do not fill out the housing form, you will not get housing.. You have to let us know BEFOREHAND that you need housing, and this form is how to do it.

The link, again: http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html

If you use hotmail, the auto-response won't work. Don't worry, it still sends, but be forwarned that hotmail does, in fact, suck. Hence why I still use it. Yay for Hotmail.

And btw, the link is http://themoast.smashboards.com/registration.html
Can't wait to see you guys in January! Lemme know if you have any questions. Since yes, I do actually read the board. Omg.

MOAST3: Victory means nothing, the fight is everything!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, here are the rules of the Crew tournament, some editing is still needed, but this should cover MOAST;) everything:

CREW TOURNAMENT RULES

1. Crews of 4-6 members
2. Divide 18 stock between them(evenly). I'll just go ahead and say the possible combinations

4 members- 2 have 4 stock, 2 have 5 stock
5 members- 2 have 3 stock, 3 have 4 stock
6 members- 6 have 3 stock

3. Players make a sheet that says the order they will go in and the characters they will use, as well as how many stock are allocated to each player. This sheet will be shown to the other crew at the beginning of the set to make sure no cheating happens.

4. Stage selection will contain the neutral lvls only and all matches will be selected by random. One level may be struck from the random list before each match to promote fairness. Also, the same stage cannot be played twice in a row, but can be played more than once in a set.

5. Each crew can have 1 substitution per round. Substitutions can only be made when the person repears on the floating platform after they have died. Once the substitution will be made, and the player that fights the substituted player continues with the same stock he had before. The sub must play the same character they are listed as playing on the sheet.

6. Whichever crew loses all of their stock first loses.

7. When the match starts and one player has to SD in order to have his required stock(such as 4 stock vs 3 stock) the person who has to wait may not charge anything such as needles, charge shot, shadowball, etc. It would be if the person just stood still. The player that has to SD may not harm the other opponent.

8. Players who win their matches only need to retain their stock(he won the match with 2 stock left, he goes on with 2 stock). Players will not need to regain their damage.

Entry fee has yet to be decided, probably around $10 per crew or so.

If any of this needs clarification just ask in the thread or through PM's/AIM

LOW TIER RULES

Low Tier Rules:

Any character in Middle, Low, or Bottom tier may be used in the tournament. This includes:

Mid
Link
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Roy
Zelda
Young Link
Yoshi

Low
Ness
Donkey Kong
Kirby
G&W
Mewtwo

Bottom
Bowser
Pichu

Best 2/3
Finals 3/5
No Items
Advanced Slob Picks
4 Stock/7 Minutes
Random Stages: Princess Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Pokemon Stadium, BattleField, Dream Land 64, Final Destination.
Counterpick: Same as MOAST rules san Princess Peach's Castle and Corneria
Banned: Same as MOAST rules

The entry fee will be $1 and this will be single elimination tournament.

Prizes: 2nd gets $1 (their entry fee) and 1st walks away with the rest.

CURRENT HOUSING LIST (as of 11:00 central time on 1-11-04)
HugS
Electricmouse
Darkrain
Gore
Essence
Mr.C
fluffy-sama
MrSilver
Sintenal
JesusFreak + 2
Titan44
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Fear
KGIMOTL
Gabe/Straight
Darkshark
Fury
Medafighter X
Enix_Moogle
Neo Bahamut???
YukiTanuki + 1
Super Buddy
Dyc
Julian (sat)
Toan (sat)
Ashton (sat)
Jri3102
Jesi782
James Jessup
Ellowhayne + 4
Clever (sat)
Zack + 2
Dmac
Kyre
Paraflux + 4
Michael Cohen + 1 (sat)
Dominic Ojinaka
Isai
Ken
Oro
Husband
Wife
Matt Wisemen (sat)
Steven Smithson (sat)
Byron Jordon + 1
Matt York
Meleemasterx + 3
Swarm2004 + 4
Eddie
Bluk
Marcos
Quinten
Jimi
Paul + 4
AoB
Majin + 5
Tsetse
Mookierah + 7
Robfalco + 3

usea

Smash Ace
I will be there. period. moast 2 was amazing last year. and this year it sounds like it will be twice as good somehow! everybody better show up. I better not be the only out-of-state player this time.

california, midwest, EC..I'm talking about you.

Werewolf

Smash Journeyman
MOAST 3....who would want to come to this gay tourney??? j/k j/k

I'm going to try my best to come to this one. I STILL HAVENT BEEN TO A MOAST. Yup, thats all I wanted to say.

AndenHellseenkee

Smash Journeyman
^_^

OMGWTF!!! I like it. I am going to be attending this tournament. I will most likely be the only one repping H2YL at this tournament. Dallas is only like 5 hours away from my home, so you know i'll be in the pocket like wallace, with the bounce like hydrolics, you can't call it, i got the swerve like alcoholic. ^_^ Anyway, yeah Anden will be attending MOASTIII, and he will like it. ^_^

There is only one thing though..I will need a place to stay, so that I can garuntee my parents that I won't be out on the streets running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Anyhoo, aight, I'm glad there is a tournament in this area, and I will see you all there.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Of course Im gonna go. Hopefully i will move to dallas by then, so i become a better member of the dkrew. If i do move there, i will make sure to provide housing, if not me then someone else can. Dont worry Anden, we wont leave you hangin. 3rd time is the charm to stop CC from takin it all ;)

JOSHU YOU MUST COME

DOUBLE NESS RAWR

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Of couse i'm going since i found this site. But honestly, you guys will be amazed by this lan center set up and how smoothly this tourn. will run.

Anden- housing is no issue, you can stay at mine.

We're going to PR the **** out of this tourn. in the DFW/ Houston area, so expect a large turnout. Props to Scav for bascially putting this tourn. on his back spending hours PRing. Also Silas- the godfather of Texas smash- with out your blessing for this tourn. and you founding this tourn., texas smash would be no where. Everyone, come to this tourn., it's going to rock.

Also- Watch out for Yokoson's and Kirbyofnungle's commericals about MOAST3- they are a must see

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
OMGWTF BEE BEE KYOO?

OMFG THE BOMB HAD BEEN DROPPED

I just crapped my pants!!! EVERYONE MUST COME BY LAW! I AM JESUS AND I COMMAND IT!!!

:cry:*tears of joy*:cry:

If only I could think of how to express what i feel inside, but mere words cannot convey my inner jubilance.

aww man i just crapped my pants again.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright... 3 .... 2.....1

what? You thought something big was going to *EXPLODES*

well.... that shut me up.. I'll post something relavant later

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
When Scav says side events he means the combined concoction of Texas goofing around run off.

Level 1 money matches, Crew Olympics, Melee tug of war, Melee capture the flag. All things pointless and secondary will be there.

MOAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
**** yeah, everyone needs to bring several 1 dollar bills for Level One Challenges.

The rules: 1 dollar buys you a level 1 random computer. The stage is random for the 4p FFA, with items on low. Winner take all!

You haven't lived until you've seen a bunch of smashers screaming at Level 1 Computers to kill eachother.

-Scav

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we all know the level 1 challenge will be the biggest event there haha. I'm actually looking forwards to that juss as much as the 1v1's. I'll make sure I entertain everyone there with my insanity when it comes to level 1 challenge and juss flat out playing.

I mean, I hafta finish a tourney sum place besides 2nd-5th. Preferably 1st :)

I like to thank matt for setting most of this up and meeting with the tru gamerz ppl.

And of course, Plano Matt (Young Danny) who found the place for us, I thank you for your great contribution.

Richard, my kirby is getting better and better. You know u wanna ditch marcus :) haha jk.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Scav what would texas smash do without you?

Anyway this sounds interesting. I've never been to a moast before but I've heard some great things about it.

If nothing comes up that stops me form going then you can count me in.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just in case anyone misses this buried deep in the first post I'll make this very clear:

THERE IS FREE HOUSING FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!

Even if we get more than 100 people, we should be able to house them all for free without too much difficulty.

If you need housing just PM one of the Dkrew and we'll find you somewhere to sleep, or just play smash all night:chuckle:

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Other reminders-

Anden- if you ever wanna come down and smash, ur always welcome. Just aim me at tennisjun or talk to scav. Also, there's a very good fox up there named steve, but again, im or pm scav about it.

Anyone else- expect more announcements by scav concerning MOAST 3 in the near future (you'll like them a lot) :)

To reiderate what Drdrew said THIS HAS FREE HOUSING
so Everyone in Texas should make it a point to make it, no johns

It's the MOAST wonderful time of the year.

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
I understand that MOAST is by far is the best touriment in Texas. I also understand that can be scary to out of staters. Because when they come down here I will personaly beat their game so hard they wont be able to sit on the way back.

On the bright side there will be things like the level one chalenge to give you the randome chance of takeing some cash back.

BUT!

Its not about winning. It is about the fight. The MOAST will be an open collesum for smashers to display their skill, find out where they stand, and take home the knoledge that there is always someone better out there. Me.

Prove me wrong. Take my money. But Fear the Resengan!

ShadesofGray

Smash Rookie
I'll come just to add my money to the pot, then go 0-2, then eat some pizza, then play a little lvl 1 challenge, then a little free play, then, hopefully(if everyhting works out and this thing goes big), come back for day two. I'm not sure how the scheduling will work, but that sounds good. Yay, can't wait till January. :chuckle:

dcx1287

Smash Lord
awesome, finally this is here.

I know Mike G on DC++ said that he had a LOT of interest in coming to MOAST 3...lets hope he decides to come :crazy:

yeah dude this tournament is going to be the ****...biggest tournament in TX.

i know there was cali competition at MOAST 1, like Recipherus and mattdeezie came down to MOAST 1, so maybe they might come down to MOAST 3 too lol, who knows.

ken said he will come if there is a good out of state bonus lol, so i'll be happy to pitch into an out of state bonus if we get good outside competition.

the good thing is we're already guaranteed at least 1 really good outside competition cuz anden is coming lol.

his Jpuff vs zulu's jpuff...**** lol it's gonna be the **** i can't wait.

JJ

Smash Journeyman
i am comin me and my two friends with money and our pockets.*praying not to lose money* i am goin to practice this is my first tourney i am goin to probably go to so

see you thier

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
MOAST3 for teh Pizza Kitchen!!! I'll help cook.

I have interest in going to this as well because I love the Texan smashers. Don't ask how I'm getting there.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Originally posted by dcx1287

ken said he will come if there is a good out of state bonus lol, so i'll be happy to pitch into an out of state bonus if we get good outside competition.
Actually, though Scamp has good points to the contrary, I'm anti-OOS bonus. Just for the bonus, though. MOAST is as much for the Texans as it is for anyone else.

So if anybody would like to donate towards an OOS bonus, might I recommend putting it towards the pot instead? I'd rather offer a $1000 pot to all of Texas than a $700 + 300, whether or not Ken is the favorite to win ;)

But don't take that to mean that we aren't hospitable! We went out of our way (even changing cities) to make this OOS accessible. But MOASTs roots are in Texas... it's a yearly celebration of Texas Smash.

So whether from San Antonio or San Jose, anyone coming will have a good time ;) that's what's important.

-Scav

Edit: This is another part of me that's willing to change. If a bunch of people decide that they would like to donate towards a "get OOS people to come" fund, I'm ok with that. But as of right now, I think it's best if we put it towards a central pot.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, MOAST is targetted towards texas smashers, and OOS is welcomed as well. But this is a tourney about fun, meeting new competition and the fight, not the money. I know the Matt's have worked really hard on getting this specified location with large space and side lans. I don't want them or us to throw around any additional money we can't guarantee. If Ken decides he doesn't want to come without an extra hundred or two for him to earn, then it's his own lost. Besides, who knows how big this tourney may get. If enough numbers show up to perhaps 80, then you can definetly expect a bigger pot. Do the math :)

Sevens

Smash Apprentice
Out of State Bonus

Let me make this clear.

There is no out of State bonus. Texas is to large to hold and OOS bonus and it is also a diss to the ideals of the MOAST.

The MOAST is about the fight. Not about the money. Ken can use his money to remove his bottom ribs and suck himself for all I care because thats the only advice/bonus he is geting from us.

The bonus is you get to play in Texas. There.

ROBFALCO

Smash Journeyman
We should get the out of state bonus

that would suck if it only 1 on 1s. Make it a two day thing that would be the ****. guarantee gos for us

JJ

Smash Journeyman
i think that it is find the way it is *not kissing **** maybe you can do S4C 2 vs 2 before are after the tourney starts if you want 2 vs 2 so bad.

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
In Scav's 1st post, it says that if there is enough interest for MOAST 3 to be two days, by all means we will decide on that. Enough interest has to be drummed up by guys like Rob and JJ. (This will all be decided by August 31)

On the 00s, the size of the poit, FREE HOUSING, and the chance to have cheap food (all you can eat piazza), play cs/ double dash/ ddr/halo/ etc, pool, foosball, should be plenty of interest for you guys to come. Also, testimonals from usea and others will convince you about the hospitality and sheer fun that is the MOAST tradition.

MOAST PURPOSE IS THE GATHERING OF ALL TEXAS SMASHERS. So, any and all Texas smashers should have no johns about missing this tourn.

JJ

Smash Journeyman
It is up to the competitors if it is 60 or more i think we should go two days but if not one day is fined with me too. But scav you ave to make the descison.

blackjoker

Smash Cadet
hey, of course ill b here, without me who else will put yall in yalls place? i mean yall might be "good". but yall arent ME good, there a great diffrence, but just for the fun of it, i guess ill have to take it easy like i usally do and not crush all of your hopes and dreams and so on by beating yall with no damage full stock 3 times in the time it takes u to notice that ive already collected my money and wipein my *** with it because thats is what yall are to me, toilet paper. MWAHAHAHA (im probaly gonna get beat first but now yall will b like, hey wasnt that that guy who said he was good? and ill b known of, all part of my plot of world domination) im glad to contribute to the pot without being a threat to gettin any of my money back, except for my lvl1 fox that has never lost to anyone

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
yes, MOAST is returning to its rightful home, D-Town, surley the DKrew will take the gold this time

just tell CC that its in houston again...n/m that I think I can take ROB this time

Silas Elias

Smash Journeyman
*sniff*

I'm so proud of you guys. You guys did a great job, and this tournament sounds fantastic. As always, the goals of our crew is displayed through how we do things. And that is, and will always be that we do it for the smashers. These guys are here to put on a great tournament, and they're truly serious about it.

I'm stoked to be a part of this crew that has grown so much in the history of smash, birthing those dedicated enough to further the cause. By the fans, for the fans!

We gotta get everybody in Texas to come, I want this to be a Texas SWF Love Affair, and then some. MOAST 3 is the Tournament to be at.

I'd like to reiterate some points. The Main tournament is a 1 vs 1 tournament, but it has round robin seeding. So, you play thorugh a round robin to be seeded in a double elimination bracket. Depending on your performance in the RR, is where you will be seeded. So before I go 0-2, I'm gonna whoop up on everybody in my Round Robin Pool.

The 32 man or 64 man LvL 1 Challenge: 32 entrants, winner take all. 1$ to enter. We will be using the games tournament engine to run this. Heh, one lucky guy or gal is gonna walk away with a nice wad of ones.

Love to all the smashers.

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
OMG IT IS T3H MOAST3!!!
I WILL be there... unless for some strange reason one of the following happens.
1) I dont have a ride to a place an hour away from me
2) Someone I know dies
3) I cant come...
BTW...I dont see any of those happening. Thanks to the Dkrew for organizing this tourney!

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
I know some of you have mentioned how this will be your first tournament, well you guys are in for a treat

MOAST is tons of fun and there will be very many people there who are crazy good at this game, you will get the chance to be beaten by them and learn a thing or two

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
Jotun- I understand plano is far from cove, but that is why we are announcing 5 MONTHS in advance, so everyone from Texas can come. Also there's the whole FREE HOUSING aspect.

To check out the site: go to tru-gamerz.com

It's the MOAST wonderful time of the year.

Top Bottom