• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MM's worst Matchups in order of horribleness?

Megamang

Smash Lord
Those struggling with yoshi, try using more MB OoS. He really doesnt have much to contest it. Kameme style with tons of dash to shield, and confirming metal blade hits into either bair or usmash/tilt should be your BnB.

Remember, when holding your blade you have access to shield (important), leaf shield (buffs shield, rolls, spot dodge, FHAD, thrown is transcendent), zdrop pellets, zdrop uair (good trade with approaches, fair is worst trade and still leaves you in a decent position, command grab outright loses), crash bomber (so underrated. attached CB is a huge amount of pressure, it should net you a bair or grab or usmash, depending on their reaction. full retreat into airdodge/shielding the CB gives you full stage control), and dash away into zdrop is a high damage counter to SHAD.

And dont always commit to 3 pellets. He can SHAD or nair through the 3 and punish pretty hard. ..but he lacks good punishes after his combo game runs dry. If you die at 90, he only has to make a few good neutral decisions... but if you die at 150, it doubles the amount he has to make, or more.

Yoshi is definitely an awkward MU, and by no means a blowout... but to beat Mega, you need to beat OoS MB, and he really doesn't very well.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Just gonna throw this out there: leaf shield is NOT transcendent. The graphics won't disappear, but you can nullify both hitboxes with an attack. Luigi's nAir is an example.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I think you're still misunderstanding the point here, he isn't just sitting back and camping all game, he's camping long enough that I have to move in. Throwing MB or LS from a distance to stop the camp temporarily is all well and good, but its just as easy for him to short hop over them and keep shurikens flying as it is for me to jump over the shurikens. The game goes nowhere if we just throw stuff that's easily dodged back and forth so someone has to approach. The range and speed of shurikens means, unless I want a six minute projectile stalemate, I have to approach, but as soon as I get close enough to become a threat he switches to an aggressive, combo centric playstyle. The options that he can choose for his mixups are safer than ours. Also, pellets may cancel out shurikens, but the timing of them is wonky, every second or third one will slip through in the gap between pellets.
Feel for this user. This post deserves attention. I ran into this in tournament occasionally when I used to main Mega. It is specifically one of the MUs that convinced me to drop him. Shuriken camp is NOT beat by slow walking pellets. Greninja can put them in the air, and a charged shuriken instantly grants stage control. You cannot force the approach with your tools, EVER, and if you try to mitigate risk by coming in with a leaf shield, Greninja can simply evade and reset to camp. You have to play his game and read him really hard to get the early % lead that will make him approach and let you play the pellet game and hopefully hold it. I've had to go through the full six minute slog more times than I care to mention, and never found a way to avoid it. It's on par with TL's camp against Mega IMO, which is the best projectile camp in the game overall. Counterpicks are recommended for ninjas of any variety.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Hey, you came back XD
But I can attest, there are playstyles that require further examination.I'm ashamed of it, but I lost to a DHD who knew how to hold on my MB... It doesn't mean we lose that MU, but just that you cannot judge one playstyle before having tried to counter it. In that particular case, all I can say is try to close the distance by Dash Shielding at him. Not all the time, but I think shielding 1 - 2 Small Shurikens should bring you close enough to start pressuring Greninja. You can always YOLO USmash / DSmash / UTilt if he tries anyhing risky, buuut given how risky these reads are (and how hard they are to get), not considering them is natural.

Crouching under SH Water Shurikens and walking can also work, I guess.

EpOc-Samydoo

Smash Cadet
NNID
S_landreville
:4sheik:>:4fox:>:4mewtwo::4pikachu::4bayonetta::4link:

Take your pick for the #3 spot. Everyone sleeps on Link because there's like two good ones in the world, but he eats our neutral and edgeguards the crap out of us. The others are self explanatory, though surely some chucklehead will come in and proclaim that we demolish Bayo because "pellets are better than her killing us off two combos" or whatever.

Oilman is even-ish, probably slight advantage in Mega's favor. Metal Blade rescues an otherwise disastrous MU.
I say pikachu just cause he is the most mobile and can out space and out edgegard and well pretty much everything

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hey, you came back XD.
I lurk occasionally to see if anyone comes up with anything interesting. Not planning contribute or visit frequently. I just felt bad for that guy. This board is still too quick to move on after waving the "you're bad, use more pellets" wand.

I say pikachu just cause he is the most mobile and can out space and out edgegard and well pretty much everything
Fair choice. I've only beaten tournament Pikachu by living in leaf shield. He gets in too easily and gets too much reward to risk zoning with pellets. All you can do is keep moving and putting out hitboxes, hoping he runs into them without out-prioritizing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom