• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 MLG Sundance Interview - Details About Brawl in MLG 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
In a recent interview with MLG's own CEO Sundance DiGiovanni, listeners got to hear some of the thoughts on a Brawl throwback event straight from the man himself.

Discussion includes the possibility of a broadcast livestream in video and or audio, which event it could be at, grassroots qualifiers, and much more!

Check out the interview here, and the Brawl part starts at about 26 minutes in:

Key Points:
-Sundance is open to both Melee and Brawl throwbacks and is considering doing a public poll to gauge interest
-Sundance has a better relationship with Nintendo than those in the past and will really try hard to get it on the normal broadcast, and if video can not be done then he will strongly consider an audio feed
-MLG might be looking to have MLG sponsored grassroots events or qualifiers to use for seeding instead of just keeping it to past MLG events

iRJi

Smash Champion
instead of trying to get more hits to that website, you should just tell us what it says :)
Couldn't say it better myself. Lol.

Not to mention I don't think I can help support something that failed to try and support us to their best abilities. Don't get me wrong, I am glad about the throwback, as I have been dealing with the MLG community for other games for several years, however, I feel that people shouldn't be thinking of this as a blessing or anything. Just my two cents.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
its already been mentioned elsewhere
sundance basically says that hes open to brawl/melee/both throwbacks, hinting that at least brawl will be repped at one event this year, and saying that hes hoping to get the rights to stream but is cool with an audio-only stream if he cant get video
and that the whole money splitting thing is behind us

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
The sooner we he gets his date set the better my chances of going will be.

If we have a throw back event i will go for sure.

Variable

Smash Ace
Was gonna go to Dallas this weekend but decided against it. If brawl was in attendence I would have gone, but today I'm just watching the stream...

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
If Brawl and especially Melee is up to poll, then I'm putting it in my signature.

Variable

Smash Ace
Which btw the Stream has the worst quality I've ever seen on an MLG Stream. Very fuzzy. =\ And The 10 High quality pass is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom