• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG 2014 Grassroots qualifiers application.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
With the chance of having Smash present at MLG Anaheim June 20-22, 2014 we would like to consider doing grassroots "qualifiers" for seeding purposes. I will be taking applications from tournament directors that are interested in being part of this for the following regions.

East Coast
West Coast
South
Midwest
Canada
Europe

If you think your event is worthy, fill out this form!

Feel free to post here, email jakekulinski@gmail.com , or contact me @SolidJakeGG if you have any questions!

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I think the man wants Project M

I just want nintendo senpai to love me

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Are you asking about 64? More specific please.
Can MLG host 64? Lol. That would be the only way to get Isai to go to MLG Anaheim. Seriously. The only other tourney he goes to is Apex because of 64.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
At this point in time MLG Anaheim is the only event that has been announced for 2014. It will likely be he first event, and if it is successful I am sure Smash will continue with future events.

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah pretty sure he means will there be multiple MLG events such as New York Texas etc that also feature smash like a circuit. Or just qualifiers with Cali as the MLG event

:phone:

Stif

Smash Apprentice
With the chance of having Smash present at MLG Anaheim June 20-22, 2014 we would like to consider doing grassroots "qualifiers" for seeding purposes. I will be taking applications from tournament directors that are interested in being part of this for the following regions.

East Coast
West Coast
South
Midwest
Canada

Feel free to post here, email jakekulinski@gmail.com , or contact me @SolidJakeGG if you have any questions!
You should talk to juggle guy or 401k about some of the sweet tourneys. They would be very good for mid west seeding being monthly in the beginning of 2014

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Sooooo cool. We're having a (hopefully) 170 man tournament in Canada the week before Apex (McSmashters3), too soon to be considered? Also, I think the previous events in the series were locals, this sort of blew up and attracted a lot of people, hopefuly past tournament attendance doesn't make it less worthy. I'll send this form to the TO.

Vino

Smash Cadet

East Coast
West Coast
South
Midwest
Canada

"With the chance of having smash"

Is there a time frame for when having/not having melee will become official?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Sooooo cool. We're having a (hopefully) 170 man tournament in Canada the week before Apex, too soon to be considered? Also, I think the previous events in the series were locals, this sort of blew up and attracted a lot of people, hopefuly past tournament attendance doesn't make it less worthy. I'll send this form to the TO.
Please fill out the form, could definitely be considered!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I filled one out for all the co-hosts of SMYM.

don't expect this one to have as many problems as the last one. I'll have paid staff to help me run things along with help from other TOs that are coming regardless of the outcome of this.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
For the time being the qualifiers will be North America only. If there seems to be a massive amount of interest for a European qualifier(s), who knows... anything is possible at this point.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Hey Solid Jake. I'm the organizer/director of the big Canadian smash tournament KrIsP mentioned, McSmashter 3. The past two McSmashters have been mostly local events and this is the first year we are going national. We have M2K, Kirbykaze, and Kage registered along with over 170 others. Let me know if you have any questions or anything about the tournament!

Tero.

Smash Champion
Beast5 in Europe is coming up in february with 150 people

Edit: might be worth considering since there will definitely quite a few top players from europe attending MLG Anaheim (like Ice, Leffen, Armada, maybe Over and others)

MT_

Smash Ace
Hi Jake: speaking as a TO from Texas, we have a tournament coming up on 12/21-12/22 that is going to be the Southwest's biggest tournament Melee tournament in years (~80 expected attendants). It's already been accepted as an Apex qualifier. My question to you is: is it possible for this tournament to also become an MLG Anaheim qualifier? It's very soon, and it might be too early since MLG Anaheim is so far away from now. But if it is at all possible, then I will fill out the form.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I think all European players will want their qualifier! The region is strong enough to deserve that and the interest is definitely in there too.

Beat!

Smash Master
I could say that EU qualifiers would be highly appreciated...

... but that would be the understatement of the year.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
We've officially added Europe to the list. So feel free to apply if you have an event planned! This is for both Brawl and Melee.

D

Deleted member

"Dates available to host prior to june 2014"

does this mean the date of the event?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I've always been around supporting from the sideline, but I have been working with other titles like StarCraft. It's good to be doing stuff with the community again though, that's for sure!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Other than SMYM, UFGT is running Melee this year here in the Midwest.

Top Bottom