• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs MK: The ultimate Ditto

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I'm asking has any1 ran into this ditto and had some problems.

2day I learned that playing against another MK is actually very annoying.
Especially if both MK's are around the same skill level.

I feel limited in an MK ditto. All of my greatest combos and tactics work against me.
I'll be setting up a combo, but at the same time I'm setting myself up for 1 as well.

As far as I'm concerned, the match will ride on whoever racks the most damage 1st.
MK's aerial game gets isolated and predictable, making aerial pressure into aerial clashes which will often end quickly and put 1 MK at an advantage.

Close range ground attacks will be punished by aerial counter attacks or grabs, same for aerials.
Recovery is almost impossible unless you have jumps to waste on off stage aerial combat.

Has any1 ran into these problems, or knows how to get pass them?

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Dittos are always a pain. I've never done it, but it really comes down to who is better...and who gets luckier.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
MK ditto is great. Pretty fun actually. Just becomes better player since its 100% even.

Knowing your own character better to know what spacing/timing you are up against. etc.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I played one against a guy who doesn't really play Meta Knight. I lost due to suicide, but it definitely made me realize how ridiculous he is :)

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
Lol
I lost this Meta ditto against this 1 guy due to tripping.

I now realize that you really need to use the ftilt combo. (does very well in putting space between the 2 of you)

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I've played against a few MK Dittos as well. Somewhat annoying that we are evenly matched in skill, but still fun knowing that you can test your skills out against someone as good as you.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
lol ive been all around the boards complaining about this match. when brawl was just out i played my friend and beat him like always with my mains up until our mk ditto. i was SHoppin and doin all that while he spammed dsmash and did his whole weird style. i lost while he was in the 160's and i was hit with dsmash at the edge. such bull**** lol. now though ive gotten better with him and started making the gap bigger in that match. still probably the worst ditto in the game but if you wanna have the bragging rights ya know. tornado really helps controlling the ditto, spam a few times and wait for there inevitable try at it. then when they mess up cuz u saw it comin, lecture them on how it takes real skill to use the move XD. just dont get hit with it the rest of the match or you'll look like an *** lol.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
^^
I'll keep that in mind.

MK doesn't require 140%+ damage to kill like every1 thinks he does.
If you take that and the fact that MK is a light char, you should be able to kill rival MKs around 100%.

Also, I wouldn't recommend juggling combos (though he has many)
The other MK has enough speed to strike you out of it.

Top Bottom