• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Mains turning to Wario Mains...

V1CE

Smash Champion
OK I been an MK main from day 1 and started in NY/NJ as KnightMare and was kinda bad...(still am) but I moved to NC and now i am on there PR, but i still only mained MK really. I always loved playing WARIO, DK, and DDD... I feel my best chance to win is Wario now that MK will be banned

I just like how flexible Wario is... His air movemnet is awesome. I like his comboes too and well he just fits my playstyle best. With MK I usually relied on early gimps... yes even in brawl... My offstage game was just too good by now... Only character i feel i can do this with now is wario and maybe DK with a good read...

I am so used to doing almost whatever I want with MK and i only get that gratification with Wario now. I am going over all the MU's now again and trying to put in work to being a wario main... I already have that dont get grabbed playstyle too since i play an icies and marth alot... The marth being Kadaj and icies being H1N1.

I need some personal tips against Marth, Snake, ROB, TINK and some in the wario ditto.

What do u guys think anyway? Will wario be higher in the Tier list... He only seems to have 2 bad matchups... For Marth ill use DK i guess and for DDD well IDK yet. I also seem to find players trying to wall my wario alot... what is the best way to defeat this???

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
OK I been an MK main from day 1 and started in NY/NJ as KnightMare and was kinda bad...(still am) but I moved to NC and now i am on there PR, but i still only mained MK really. I always loved playing WARIO, DK, and DDD... I feel my best chance to win is Wario now that MK will be banned

I just like how flexible Wario is... His air movemnet is awesome. I like his comboes too and well he just fits my playstyle best. With MK I usually relied on early gimps... yes even in brawl... My offstage game was just too good by now... Only character i feel i can do this with now is wario and maybe DK with a good read...

I am so used to doing almost whatever I want with MK and i only get that gratification with Wario now. I am going over all the MU's now again and trying to put in work to being a wario main... I already have that dont get grabbed playstyle too since i play an icies and marth alot... The marth being Kadaj and icies being H1N1.

I need some personal tips against Marth, Snake, ROB, TINK and some in the wario ditto.

What do u guys think anyway? Will wario be higher in the Tier list... He only seems to have 2 bad matchups... For Marth ill use DK i guess and for DDD well IDK yet. I also seem to find players trying to wall my wario alot... what is the best way to defeat this???
I think Wario should go up and I also don't think he has any bad MU's but it's not for me to decide these things. I believe his weakness are overstated and must of the time you can play around it with smart play. That's not to say everything wario does is easy because it's not you're going to have to work for everything.

BPx

Smash Lord
I think Wario should go up and I also don't think he has any bad MU's but it's not for me to decide these things. I believe his weakness are overstated and must of the time you can play around it with smart play. That's not to say everything wario does is easy because it's not you're going to have to work for everything.
you're lying to yourself. d3 mu is too much work to consider even. he just has to sit there and grab you. marth and peach i could hear you out on.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
His worst matchups are Dedede and Meta Knight.

Use Pit for Dedede, we need more Pit people and Wario/Pit imo is a really good combo. Pit takes care of those ********-*** matchupes like Yoshi really easy so you don't even have to try. Ganon and Falcon, if you're afraid of grabs, succumb to Pit. And Dedede, when practiced up on more, will hate Pit. HATE PIT.

:ragez:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
you're lying to yourself. d3 mu is too much work to consider even. he just has to sit there and grab you. marth and peach i could hear you out on.
There's nothing that d3 can do in order to force you to approach. Take the life lead and run away. Not to mention that depending on the stages the MU swings (for both characters). D3 is no where near as bad as MK and if MK is getting banned then Wario's MU's vs the right of the high tier characters or either even or in his favor.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
what about marth?
What about him ? With Marth on paper it may seem that he has all of the tools in order to beat you however, in practice that's really not so. Most of what makes Marth a good character doesn't even matter to Wario (range and his aerial mobility). Marth is a very straight forward character who can only come at you one way there's no mix ups to him and there's no tricks too him. Very predictable easy to gimp and easy to CP. The only thing he really has in this MU is GR and if he didn't have that this MU would be extremely bad.

When it comes to stages there isn't any stage he can take you that's a pain. His best stages are neutrals which I don't believe he out performs Wario on. If we look at d3 there actually neutral that are in his favor YI FD PS1 delfino (depending on your stage list) where as Marth doesn't really have that. He really can't take you any where to turn the MU for himself and he's extremely weak on all of your strong CP's (Brinstar & RC).

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
who has a positive mu on marth anyway?
I think it depends on who you ask. However for Marth I think MK(does he count? since he's getting banned) DK Snake d3 just straight beat him. I think he goes even with diddy rob wario IC and falco. There's prob some other stuff that I can't think off right now. Then there's other characters who can give him problems also.

Geerz

Smash Cadet
oh wow, I didn't realize if you break the MU down like that it's really not so bad

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Jus sayin, snake vs marth isn't even :L

It's def marths favor.
If the Marth plays perfectly and guess correctly every single time then yeah it's in his favor....however, more than likely that won't happen and snake will just walk over Marth. But once MK gets banned we'll see how much of a counter Marth is to Snake.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
AL, have you not been paying attention? It's pretty obvious marth wins the mu. Whether it's slight or more is debatable but he definitely has a CLEAR CUT advantage over snake.

No IMO needed. It's WIDELY accepted as fact.

V1CE

Smash Champion
alright I play kadaj ALOT and marth vs wario is not even... also DK mario is not DK's favor but it is about even imo...

Also DDD does have a positive on marth i think... but marth can fthrow cg to tipper or spike i think... Snake is good vs marth only on the ground... camp camp camp w/nades and control with oos moves and grabs +reads but its like MK... once snake is offstage it is reallllllly tough not to get killed or get like 80 free percent ... spike is very deadly too...

i am lookin for that 1-2 combo... wario def my main now tho

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
DK marth is even from what most think. With a possible +1 in marths favor. Some have been leaning towards that with the discovery of some new facets to the mu.

But marth isn't as bad as people think. At least from my experience. I tend to agree w/krystedez on the opinion of it being only -1. But i wouldn't personally decide"i'm gonna use wario for marth instead of x character". There are def. some better choices if you want to cover marth. I like wario cuz like krystedez has said pit/wario covers everything so well...and wario is too much fun.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
AL, have you not been paying attention? It's pretty obvious marth wins the mu. Whether it's slight or more is debatable but he definitely has a CLEAR CUT advantage over snake.

No IMO needed. It's WIDELY accepted as fact.
It can be considered by whoever, however I still don't believe it to be true. Snakes damage out put his ability to stay alive and his low KO ability all present problems for Marth. Marth has to play perfectly if he even wants to his "advantages" to show in the MU. I'm not exactly sure what Marth has over snake that pushes the MU into his favor but people can believe what they want. I'd never go Marth vs Snake though.

alright I play kadaj ALOT and marth vs wario is not even... also DK mario is not DK's favor but it is about even imo...

Also DDD does have a positive on marth i think... but marth can fthrow cg to tipper or spike i think... Snake is good vs marth only on the ground... camp camp camp w/nades and control with oos moves and grabs +reads but its like MK... once snake is offstage it is reallllllly tough not to get killed or get like 80 free percent ... spike is very deadly too...

i am lookin for that 1-2 combo... wario def my main now tho
So you mean to tell me if snake plays his game and controls the stage the way he's supposed to it's good for him ? Geez what a shocker. Marth isn't MK Marth is a crappy version of MK. He can't chase snake as far out as MK is and he can't chase high the way MK can is. But yeah if the snake recovers poorly and has to recover from below the stage then he's in trouble but that's true for snakes recover vs the whole cast.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It can be considered by whoever, however I still don't believe it to be true. Snakes damage out put his ability to stay alive and his low KO ability all present problems for Marth. Marth has to play perfectly if he even wants to his "advantages" to show in the MU. I'm not exactly sure what Marth has over snake that pushes the MU into his favor but people can believe what they want. I'd never go Marth vs Snake though.

So you mean to tell me if snake plays his game and controls the stage the way he's supposed to it's good for him ? Geez what a shocker. Marth isn't MK Marth is a crappy version of MK. He can't chase snake as far out as MK is and he can't chase high the way MK can is. But yeah if the snake recovers poorly and has to recover from below the stage then he's in trouble but that's true for snakes recover vs the whole cast.
He doesn't have to play perfectly at all. Marth VIABLE COMPETES VS SNAKE on the ground AND ***** HIM in the air. The amount of frame traps, unpunishable moves on shield, and juggles he has is RIDICULOUS. His grabs are EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL. And your point about marth not being able to edgeguard snake like mk IS WRONG. They are TOTALLY DIFF. characters. Where marth really gets snake (after putting him offstage) is COVERING LANDINGS, JUGGLING, AND EDGETRAPPING.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
He doesn't have to play perfectly at all. Marth VIABLE COMPETES VS SNAKE on the ground AND ***** HIM in the air. The amount of frame traps, unpunishable moves on shield, and juggles he has is RIDICULOUS. His grabs are EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL. And your point about marth not being able to edgeguard snake like mk IS WRONG. They are TOTALLY DIFF. characters. Where marth really gets snake (after putting him offstage) is COVERING LANDINGS, JUGGLING, AND EDGETRAPPING.
Marth can compete with snake on the ground ? Via what dtilt? Snake has nades jabs ftilt all moves which give Marth trouble. Marth's fastest ground move is his Dancing blades which is used to punish. Frame traps don't win matches there things that are reliant on your opponent pressing a button and then you taking advantage of. Him juggling snake is dependent on him getting a read on snake. I'm sorry however, what you've presented is nothing more than telling me what Marth can do if Snake falls for everything Marth does. Edge trapping is the same as getting a rid same with the juggles and the frame trap is dependent on Snake doing something.

Also I've seen MK's go almost to the blast zones in order to chase Snake and their recovery no Marth is going to do that.

So yeah if you predict snakes landings frame trap him and guess right a bunch of times then yeah the MU's is in Marth's favor. However, the only problem with that is there is someone else on the sticks and you're not going to always guess right and your frame traps won't always work and you won't always juggle him to death. Honestly, I'd rather go Pitt vs Snake than Marth LoL. But it's like I said this conversation is pointless and when MK is banned we'll see how well Marth does against snake.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Marth can compete with snake on the ground ? Via what dtilt? Snake has nades jabs ftilt all moves which give Marth trouble. Marth's fastest ground move is his Dancing blades which is used to punish. Frame traps don't win matches there things that are reliant on your opponent pressing a button and then you taking advantage of. Him juggling snake is dependent on him getting a read on snake. I'm sorry however, what you've presented is nothing more than telling me what Marth can do if Snake falls for everything Marth does. Edge trapping is the same as getting a rid same with the juggles and the frame trap is dependent on Snake doing something.

Also I've seen MK's go almost to the blast zones in order to chase Snake and their recovery no Marth is going to do that.

So yeah if you predict snakes landings frame trap him and guess right a bunch of times then yeah the MU's is in Marth's favor. However, the only problem with that is there is someone else on the sticks and you're not going to always guess right and your frame traps won't always work and you won't always juggle him to death. Honestly, I'd rather go Pitt vs Snake than Marth LoL. But it's like I said this conversation is pointless and when MK is banned we'll see how well Marth does against snake.
Wdf are u talking about? Frame traps aren't reliant on your opponent pressing anything. Want an example? Falcos upair. If they do press something they get dair'd or bair'd. If they don't they get upaird. It's the definition of a frame trap. Uhhhhh aerials can still shut down ground game is what i was getting at.HOW BOUT FAIR, BAIR AND NAIR. ALL OF WHICH ARE EXTREMELY SAFE ON SHIELD. LOL predicting his landing? YOU DON'T HAVE TO PREDICT ANYTHING WITH MARTH. Marths ground speed+standing grab range+pivot grab range is enough to where marth can just WAIT. He only has one even remotely safe option and snake would have to wait till the last possible second ALONG with marth just standing there instead of exerting pressure. And marth doesn't even have to chase him off that far. But i have seen it before. Bair HAS RIDICULOUS RANGE and marth can go after snake AND STILL RECOVER. LEDGE GUARDING ISN'T EVEN A GUESSING GAME WITH MARTH'S SPACING. How can you sit there and say that? Marth can wait and punish any option snake chooses on reaction w/o getting hit by random options like ledge drop upair or get up attack.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wdf are u talking about? Frame traps aren't reliant on your opponent pressing anything. Want an example? Falcos upair. If they do press something they get dair'd or bair'd. If they don't they get upaird. It's the definition of a frame trap. Uhhhhh aerials can still shut down ground game is what i was getting at.HOW BOUT FAIR, BAIR AND NAIR. ALL OF WHICH ARE EXTREMELY SAFE ON SHIELD. LOL predicting his landing? YOU DON'T HAVE TO PREDICT ANYTHING WITH MARTH. Marths ground speed+standing grab range+pivot grab range is enough to where marth can just WAIT. He only has one even remotely safe option and snake would have to wait till the last possible second ALONG with marth just standing there instead of exerting pressure. And marth doesn't even have to chase him off that far. But i have seen it before. Bair HAS RIDICULOUS RANGE and marth can go after snake AND STILL RECOVER. LEDGE GUARDING ISN'T EVEN A GUESSING GAME WITH MARTH'S SPACING. How can you sit there and say that? Marth can wait and punish any option snake chooses on reaction w/o getting hit by random options like ledge drop upair or get up attack.
Cool story bro but I'd rather not continue this in the Wario boards. I'm not sure why this became about Marth vs Snake however, it is what it is. If you're a Wario main and you don't like the Snake vs Wario MU and you want to run out Marth because he has the "advantage" then by all means go right ahead. I'd love to hear how that goes.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
With the MK ban I think we'll be getting quite a few more Warios.. this looks promising...

Let's just hope diddy doesnt become too dominant.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think at first snake and diddy are gonna be top till people 1) catch up 2) more metagames develop 3) more people learn the mu. In then you'll see a much more diverse metagame.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I love the Diddy Wario MU... it's one of the reasons I picked up Wario. It's also my favorite MU to play with Wario. Do most not like it?...

V1CE

Smash Champion
I love the Diddy Wario MU... it's one of the reasons I picked up Wario. It's also my favorite MU to play with Wario. Do most not like it?...
with Diddy probably being the best character after the mk ban... wario is a good choice and has a nice mu against him... im not scared about that... its just marth and ddd ima have most issues with

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Against marth:

Change for DK, REALLY **** NOW.

Marth just covers you completelly, and if you get grabbed at 90%, you`ll get a release tipper fsmash.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
You obviously haven't seen sets of Leon vs Gluttony if you think Marth completely destroys us >.>

BPx

Smash Lord
that matchup is 55:45 IFF they can do the grab release tipper fsmash. thats my opinion on it at least...

Top Bottom