• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK dimensional cape glitch removal

Would you like to have the dimensional cape glide glitch kept in?

• absolutely

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
If you have been a part of the MK DC drift thread, you may have heard that the PMDT will remove this glitch. As a community of MK mains, we have worked hard to find out tricks to his toolkit to make him unique and versatile. If you look at Dawn's letter (and combo video in the letter) here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/30dvwr/a_letter_regarding_meta_knight/
you will see the argument that part of what made melee great was that people found glitches and exploits in the game that aren't intended to be used and they made the game really fun to watch. I can see this huge potential in the DC drift because it gives him 3 mixup options for his approach game, and a way to travel more than halfway across final destination, especially since samus has a similer glitch that was actually brought back from melee, so removing MK's drift would be hypocritical for the PMDT to do. The best part though, is that it's hard to do and it isn't super strong. I've worked hours into learning this glitch and timing it just right, and I really love 3.5 because of it. People always say that project melee is too easy, and something like this drift ability is hard to do. If they remove this glitch, I won't ever play metaknight again, nor will I even consider playing project M entirely considering that nobody in my area really plays project M and I am really only playing it because I enjoy the game a lot, and part of it is learning all of the new things PM has to offer, and by stripping characters because they weren't intended to play the way you want, it removes freedom from the players and makes them nervous about putting effort in a game which they know they will get punished for performing well.

DawnClutch

Smash Cadet
Quite frankly, I don't see them removing the glitch. If they did, it would be removed unintentiallly if they were just trying to clean up his dimensional cape at all. I made a showcase of MK's dimensional cape drift at one of Dallas' tourneys recently and players who have an important role in the PMDV (won't say any names of course) didn't seem to bothered, and Sethlon even talked about it on commentary over my matches. So, it should stay in. I appreciate the concern you share with me over this character we love.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Quite frankly, I don't see them removing the glitch. If they did, it would be removed unintentiallly if they were just trying to clean up his dimensional cape at all. I made a showcase of MK's dimensional cape drift at one of Dallas' tourneys recently and players who have an important role in the PMDV (won't say any names of course) didn't seem to bothered, and Sethlon even talked about it on commentary over my matches. So, it should stay in. I appreciate the concern you share with me over this character we love.
Wait, are you dawn the metaknight player? You inspired me to pick up mk in 3.5! I love that move, and even though I didn't like the changes to him in 3.5 (because he felt generic) you convinced me that metaknight is really unique.

DawnClutch

Smash Cadet
Wait, are you dawn the metaknight player? You inspired me to pick up mk in 3.5! I love that move, and even though I didn't like the changes to him in 3.5 (because he felt generic) you convinced me that metaknight is really unique.
Yes. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad my Meta Knight inspired someone xD

Top Bottom