• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MisterDom Asks: What Is Your Least Favorite Aerial?

What is Your Least Favorite Aerial?

• Total voters

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Jigglypuff's aerial moves are spectacular, and every single one is used quite a bit while playing her:

Her fair is great for edge guarding, combos, neutral, and sometimes killing.

Her nair is all around a great move, being able to kill, combo, edge guard, poke, and deal a decent amount of damage.

Her Bair is a powerhouse, a great spacing tool, one of her best kill moves, and very occasionally a combo tool.

Her upair is good for some setups, having a true setup into rest and other moves.

Her Dair is her best combo tool, and makes all her 0-death combos and has one of the best true setup into rest.

We all know each move contributes a lot for Jigglypuff, and it's a tough question to ask, but What is Your Least Favorite Aerial?

It's tougher now than ever now that each move is being utilized, so take your pick and explain why!

If you have any questions about any one of these moves just ask :)

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
My least favorite aerial is U-air
Even though I previously said it was my favorite aerial it is so difficult to get close enough in order to hit with it. Not only that, but unlike Melee it cannot lead to E-->Z P.Z Rests from a failed tech on platform, like c'mon that stuff is so satisfying. Lastly even when you and your opponent are up 75% of the screen it still has a difficult time killing and at the same time it cannot combo either rendering it as a juggling tool that adds % (how is that useful if my opponent is already at 150%+ filled with OHKO levels of rage and cannot die!?)
still a great move though:ohwell:

Like, Comment and subscribe for more content <3

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
there is no bad aerial, I dont have a least fav.

People saying upair: uair leads to kills at 0-40%. It is only of the only aerials that can effectively do that. Also, Aron Ching is amazing with uair, truly fantastic.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
A few weeks ago I would've said up air, but I've discovered that it's actually not that bad if you use it falling. It pains me to say this, but I guess my least favorite would have to be down air. Still a good move, though.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I have a least favourite; they're all pretty satisfying.

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
While its clear bair is a powerful move, it is my least favourite aerial in terms of its changes and the one that i find most frustrating to think about.

I'm probably one of the few people who hate the way it works in smash 4 and the fact that its been changed into puff's ko move.
In smash 4, Jigglypuff's bair now has a significant amount of startup, fewer active frames, less range, no longer combos reliably. It is extremely tough to land in my opinion. And is it just me or does it have a sweetspot which does more knockback CLOSER to its body?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
While its clear bair is a powerful move, it is my least favourite aerial in terms of its changes and the one that i find most frustrating to think about.

I'm probably one of the few people who hate the way it works in smash 4 and the fact that its been changed into puff's ko move.
In smash 4, Jigglypuff's bair now has a significant amount of startup, fewer active frames, less range, no longer combos reliably. It is extremely tough to land in my opinion. And is it just me or does it have a sweetspot which does more knockback CLOSER to its body?
It's just you. All of its hitboxes have consistent knockback.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff's aerials are probably her best characteristic, but I do need to say uair. Yes, it does set up into kills, which is fantastic, but outside of that percentage window it's an absolutely terrible move.

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
I wish fair had a little more power. Just a little. At least enough to have an effect with the shield stun mechanic

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
All of her aerials are great... but... down air has to be my least favorite. Mainly because of it's lag when landing. It does combo very well and I love to set up another attack when using it. However, that's about it.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
And is it just me or does it have a sweetspot which does more knockback CLOSER to its body?
It's just you. All of its hitboxes have consistent knockback.
No, that is exactly right. Both hitboxes have 120 knockback growth, but the inner hitbox has 30 base knockback while the outer hitbox has 0. You can very obviously see this difference just by going into training mode and hitting bair at 0%.

Top Bottom