• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MIST Results!!! Nearly $2,000 in prizes given out!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Sorry for the delay, I've been drained of energy but I'm getting this up now. I want to say thank you to everybody that helped me out creating pools and brackets. Shoutouts to Jeff at Metagames for the awesome venue as well. And to Saffy, Strong Bad, myself, Terral, and Terrence for putting their hard earned money in to the bonus pot. I'll do full shoutouts later. Here are the results!

Doubles Bracket - 24 teams - $480 + $120 bonus = $600
1: Kage & Tink $318 (288+30 bonus)
2: Moogle & Pikachad $169 (144+25 bonus)
3: Atma & Deku $73 (48+25 bonus)
4: Matt R & Tom R $20 (20 bonus)
5: Ebony & Ivory (Kels & Dart) $10 (10 bonus)
5: VTS & Arby $10 (10 bonus)
7: Team Slippery Whenever (G. Vice & IHSB)
7: Spick Jew (Cyner & Bun Bun)
9: Smash Daddy & Looshkin
9: Zivilyn Bane & Zantetsu
9: FrootLoop & ORLY
9: Gravity & Cats
13: FluxWolf & Sveet
13: Raven Knight & The March Hair
13: Strong Bad & Jace
13: Ice Bros get the Hoes (Peef & Trail)

Singles Bracket - 63 entrants - $1030 + $320 bonus = $1350!!!
1: Kels $600 (500+100 bonus)
2: Kage $380 (300+80 bonus)
3: Dart $210 (150+60 bonus)
4: DekuScrub $90 (50+40 bonus)
5: Tink $35 (15+20 bonus)
5: IHSB $35 (15+20 bonus)
7: ORLY
7: Trail
9: Atma
9: Matt R
9: Tom R
9: Moogle
13: VTS
13: Smash Daddy
13: Jace
13: FrootLoop
17: J00t
17: G. Vice
17: PikaChad
17: Tron
17: Zinth
17: Sars Pirate
17: Arby
17: Sveet
25: Peef
25: Strong Bad
25: Friendly To Strangers Dave
25: Sinister
25: Rabiez
25: Gravity
25: Cats
25: Myztek

Before you do the math, we made a mistake with the prize money. However, contrary to Pound 5, this resulted in more money for the players lol. The entry was $15. 15*63=945. However I gave out $1030 for singles plus the bonus pot. So the venue was shorted $85. I knew something was off Saturday night but when I told Jeff at Metagames how much they were getting he seemed ok with it. I will still call him this week though and explain the error and see what he wants to do.

VIDEO TOPIC!

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Holy crap. $600 for beating Kage. God damn LOL.

Good **** Midwest / Kels / Dart / DEKUUU / in particular, definitely stepping it up.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Could I see the character usage for Brawl Singles?

Also wow, that's a really ****in' big pot...

Saffy

Smash Ace
Awesome Tournament <3 I want to say thank you for making my weekend great :D I don't get the opportunity to go out often so I enjoyed this tournament so much.

Shoutouts!!

Well first shoutouts to the 3 guys who played FFA's w/ items with me! That was extremely fun.. I just didn't get your guys names :( I really hope to see you again, all 3 of you were really awesome people. And thanks for the compliment on my playing. I appreciate it alot n.n

Also shoutout to that one guy (SORRY I DON'T KNOW YOUR NAME)
Who talked to me a few times, you were wearin the grey shirt and... you were skinny? Omg I'm soo sorry I don't remember. I forgot to ask. You were the one who had the chocolate or something (You talked to strong bad about it) ? You asked me if I entered ... idk ;=;

Zivilyn Bane - You are the greatest TO ever. Thanks for the awesome tournament and great job in doubles :D. <3 Oh and my parents have a TV They might want to donate for pathways, I will have to ask about it.

Strong Bad -Nice to see you, and I am so hyped for when you move. I still have no idea how you knew how many trophies there were in brawl.... DK TOO GOOD.

Peef! - I think you were the one doing the stream. You are really funny, and thanks for providing that for everyone. I appreciate it so much and your ice climbers are really great :).

Kage - It was nice to finally meet you! You make Ganon god tier really, You made so much money too! Hope to see you down in the Midwest again :D . Thanks for talking to me alot in the end haha.

Tink - Grats on winning doubles, and your performance in singles. Your fox is extremely good. I thought you had it vs Kels. :D I hope to see you again sometime.

G. Vice - It was really nice to see you again!! Hopefully I'll see you another time :o Your ganon is amazing!

Kels - Congrats on winning :) Your fox has tons of technical skill, I was extremely impressed by it.

Shonic - Very nice to meet you! :D Too bad we didn't get to talk more.

Zantetsu - Grats on doubles!! :D And I think you cut your hair so I didn't notice you haha.

Grant - Thanks for the friendlies, you got alot better :D You ***** me!

Nathan - Thanks for the match!! :D Hopefully we can hang out sometime

Terry - Nice to see you , too bad we couldn't talk though.

For everyone else:
I feel bad because I didn't get to meet anyone else. But thanks for making the tournament great, I hope to see you all soon <3

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Melee Doubles - 24 teams - $480 + $120 bonus = $600
1: Kage & Tink $318 (288+30 bonus)
2: Moogle & Pikachad $169 (144+25 bonus)
3: Atma & Deku $73 (48+25 bonus)
4: Matt R & Tom R $20 (20 bonus)
5: Ebony & Ivory (Kels & Dart) $10 (10 bonus)
5: VTS & Arby $10 (10 bonus)
7: Team Slippery Whenever (G. Vice & IHSB)
9: Smash Daddy & Looshkin
9: Zivilyn Bane & Zantetsu
9: FrootLoop & ORLY
9: Gravity & Cats
13: FluxWolf & Sveet
13: Raven Knight & The March Hair
13: Strong Bad & Jace
13: Ice Bros get the Hoes (Peef & Trail)
Sigh....I don't even... :glare:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've got to say that I'm very disappointed in myself from my performance at this tournament. I went into the tournament with a character that I haven't played for more than a few weeks (Peach) and it really showed how bad of a decision that really was. I went in with Peach because I was locking up with my main (Fox) too much and I felt that Peach was someone I could have had better control of. I should have spent more time during friendlies training my Fox and I definently shouldn't have taken my lunch break RIGHT BEFORE singles pools because I came back with all of my warmup training gone. Oh well, there's always next year for MIST 2. I'm going to stop my johning and start my shoutouts now (Alphabetical Order):

Columbia Crew: Wish you guys would have stayed longer. Sorry that this trip didn't go as planned.

Darkatma: Seriously. Next time. Friendlies.

Dart: Didn't get to play you, but it would have been very nice to do so. I've got a lot of practice with the Fox vs Marth matchup (Ziv) so I would have liked to test myself up against you. Too bad I wasn't playing my Fox hardly at all that day. Oh well, there's always next time, if you don't get lost again :p

G Vice: Always nice seeing your Ganon. I absolutely love how many wavelands you put into your gameplay, it makes Ganon look soooo smooth. Thanks for the friendlies as well.

IHSB: You're probably one of my favorite smashers in the midwest. Your Samus is rediculously fancy and you're a very cool guy yourself. I always enjoy the friendlies with you and our friendlies at MIST were just as enjoyable. Good job at making top 5.

Jace: Thanks for the friendlies, as always. I hope to play you in some more games soon.

Kage: You made me feel like a worse player then I really am during those friendlies on Friday night. If you ever come back, I promise I won't disappoint. Good job in Singles and Doubles though. I was rooting for you.

Kels: Didn't get to play you, but you would have destroyed me anyways. Good job at taking first in singles.

Matt R & Tom R: I want to say that I've met you guys in the past before. Were you at the first Event 52 by any chance? Anyway, you guys did great in teams against me and Ziv. You both are very skilled. I wish I could have given you a better challenge in pools during singles. I was having a very off day.

Moogle and Myztek: If it wasn't for Ziv telling me that you were there, I probably never would have busted out the N64 because no one the night before wanted to play. You guys were the first legit SSB64 players that I ever got to play on console and it was a great experience. I didn't get to play Myztek that long, but as for Moogle, I don't think I played one person at Melee as long as I played you at SSB64 during the whole tournament. Thanks for the fun games, both of you.

Shonic: Nice meeting you. I don't think we played any friendlies besides SSB64. I appreciate you recording mine and Ziv's team matches though.

Strong Bad: I don't think we played too many friendlies but the ones we did were fun. It's going to be awesome when you move to Rola.. but it's only going to be awesome if you actually show up in Springfield from time to time. You're a very fun opponent to play and I'd like to play more games with you that aren't at larger tournaments. Did you really pick Falcon up as a main though?

VTS: It sucks that we didn't get to play at all, but you live close enough so that it's not THAT big of a deal. I think we'll see each other soon enough. Good **** in singles too.

I may edit this post if I remember someone that I forgot to mention.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
1: Kels - Good **** on winning the tournament and for being the DBZ quiz master, let me know about that six flags ****.

2: Kage - You are too ****ing good for the likes of myself. Your fundamentals are amazing and the consistency of your technical prowess rivals that of the great Cunning "Kegstand" Kitsune.

3: Dart - lmao, if i got past space balls you and deku were so ****ed.... enjoy your gift of 3rd that spaceballs bestowed upon you :p. Nah bro good ****, your marth vs sheik game is really coming along son. Don't be salty about losing the DBZ quiz mania.

4: DekuScrub - lucky as hell that u didnt have to play me

5: Tink - same as deku, good times homie we will have to bro out soon.

5: IHSB - intense *** games, you defeated my climbers when they were in full stride. such is no easy task.

7: ORLY - ill still always be above you in the power rankings

7: Trail - good **** brah

9: Atma - still havnt played you i dont think

9: Matt R - you ***** us in teams

9: Tom R - 8th time's a charm, i finally beat your ***

13: VTS - keep livin the ice dream

13: Smash Daddy - dude ur really ****ing good... u need to come play with us more, pm me your phone number son.

13: Jace - Good games bro, your falcon is getting close... keep up the hard work

17: J00t - lawl g&w scrub, nice slappin dat *** wit hthe climbers... u ****ed my ganon up tho so no johnz.

17: G. Vice - good playing you, sadly Kage beat my *** just like you did so i can't say our games helped me out much in the tourney :p

17: PikaChad - just go with it bro

17: Arby - good sets in the random tourney and in the real tourney. you are pretty damn good.

17: Sveet - didnt get to play with you, but sc2 sometime soon

25: Peef - u need to go with the flow more :p but good **** man your climbers are getting much better.

Bun BUn - you are my boi, it was good chillin and sleepin with you this weekend (no homo)

Flux Wolf - you are chill as hell, good stuff gettin ****ed up with you this weekend.

DB Dave - you did well against the lil kids, perhaps u will defeat them next time.

Memphis/Nashville dudes - good **** meeting/playing all you guys. also, thx for bringing the eye candy with you..... it was a plesent suprise LmAO.

it's been good times everyone, perhaps i will play some of you guys again some day

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
thanks trail it was mad fun kicking it wit you most the weekend bro! wish i could of stayed up later with yall but I had a drive ahead of me :(

no real need to do shoutouts for me, fun meeting and chilling with yalls, and GG to everyone I played! I'll be working on my game for real now for the next time I get to play u guys!!

very fun tournament i'd def make the drive again for these... thanks ziv 2good!!

BunBun

Smash Master
Cyner, why the hell did you name us this lmao
Also, Kirby/Fox + Link/Samus too good.

Kirby/Samus beats Kels+Dart double falcon on Pokefloats <3

1: Kels : Good stuff. Despite what you say on AIM, it still seems like you dominate the MW lol. It's always fun playing you, and this time I got to even do some stupid things with my bottom tier biatch on the stream <3 Keep destroying the MW

2: Kage: Nice meeting you. Fun MM, as well. Rematch next time we meet.

3: Dart: Marth is dumb. You have a sword. I know you had a blast this tournament, dude. Nice job.

4: DekuScrub: hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. I think I'm going to cry now. There is no one else that I have ever played with that beats me as badly as you do. NO ONE.

5: Tink: Zelda comebacks are underrated as ****. <3 you bro

5: IHSB: I poured water on your futon this morning. Enjoy.

7: ORLY: NaCl bro. Next time, - tier restrictions, + fingernail

7: Trail: "Just go with it". You're hilarious, and I hope everything works out for you in Laredo.

9: Matt R: We didn't play at all, or even talk =(
9: Tom R: Same as your bro =(

9: Moogle: lololololol why can't I play high tiers?

13: VTS: Stop holding Arby back =P

13: Jace: You. Have. Gotten. Better. Holy crap. Good games dude.

17: J00t: Freeeeeeee Faaaaaallin'
17: G. Vice: You were getting scrubbed on <3
17: PikaChad: Derp
17: Tron: You will never defeat me

17: Arby: The salt in my veins....
17: Sveet: Apparently you got good, according to some people. I'll have to play you next time to see for myself. Also, I heard you helped out with brackets and stuff, so <3 you

25: Peef: You were kind of a **** to me this tournament. More than once.

25: Strong Bad: We should do a Kirby DK team sometime.

25: Myztek: Teehee

Zivilyn Bane: First tournament!? Holy crap, nice job man. Keep it up. Definitely a great venue choice, and overall a very well run tournament.

To everyone: I wish I had entered lol, but after playing teams and some friendlies, my finger hurt to the point that I felt it would have just been a waste to enter.
It got better over the night though.

And then I did all that Kirby nonsense on the stream. <3 you Wobbles.

ORLY

Smash Master
the videos are all up, they're just on peef's stream channel and you have to work to find them

imo they should be chopped and added to youtube, but peef probably wants to have them stay on his channel to entice people to go there

fun tourney, miserable drive. shoutouts later

Rat

Smash Lord
I wish i could have gone =(.

shout-outs to dart for placing very well and beating atma. I watched the game between you and atma. You played super solid. Like the best i've seen you play. Your matches vs kage were a bit of a throw-away. You did not play like the Beast dart, you played like a bob, tim, sam, or even a josh.

Shout-out to Chris for being a boss.

The rest of chicago - you did ok i guess. Trail needs to step it up to his full power. Tink needs to reign it in sometimes.

and a shout-out to bunbun for being bunbun. (and reneblade for being awesome.)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Cyner, why the hell did you name us this lmao
Also, Kirby/Fox + Link/Samus too good.

Kirby/Samus beats Kels+Dart double falcon on Pokefloats <3
You weren't around... so I made the best choice, one that your weak will could not have made.

GG's to everyone I played in both singles and doubles. There weren't any matches where I felt like I was seeing something old, any matches where someone lacked a unique playstyle, or any sets that I didn't have to work hard to win(or lose).

Will hopefully be seeing the midwest again soon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Thanks to Ziv for hosting this tourney and being a swell guy to me.

Kage- Nice meeting you. You intimidated me for a while, but you're a nice guy and itd be cool to hang out with you again sometime. Next time you come to the MW let me know and i'll be there.

G. Vice- We only played in the random character tourney, i wish we played again. Next time (if there is one).

Strongbad - Dude, not the look i expected, but in the end you are a really cool guy and stuff. You're DK is mad good and all that garbage you already know. You're a good guy, i'd like to hang with you again some time.

ManBearPeach- first, great name. It was nice chatting with you on the coach for a few minutes while they fixed the projector.

SarsPirate- Good falcon, dude. Keep playing, maybe you can return the favor when i come out of retirement.

IHaveSpaceBalls- Dude, you are awesome. I love playing against you and watching you. Your set against dart changed my life.

Deku- GJ beating tink and atma. You always pull huge upsets at regionals, idk. seeya on bnet ^^

Atma- Didn't really talk to you or anything, but good work. I heard you've leveled up even more since you styled on me a month ago.

March Hare- Saw you everywhere ^^ GGs man

Kels- Get to add 1 more tournament win over you to my belt.

Chicago- Love ya'll. Been fun playing with you for so long. Not giving you individual shoutouts.

Jace- GGs. Maybe next time we can play when im 100% ^^

Frootloop- You got talent, boy.

Anyone I forgot- <3s and junk

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You're a legend! I'm still a fanboy before all else lol. I'd be like if i stepped on a tennis court with rodger federer... I don't know whether to ask for an autograph or serve an ace.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My title means nothing when im with you guys, I just want to have fun and make new friends.. =P Myself in RL, im just a chill dude that doesn't judge anyone and im friendly lol.

Top Bottom