• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Then they should be fine, not to mention they already have monthlies @ MSU every month. Unlike Plank who used Hyatt as a venue and couldn't meet peoples expectations unfortunately. He only wanted the best for his tourney and people attending but he didn't see things out all the way financially.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Lets make one thing clear here about msu.

I am the president of the video games club and league here at msu (mississippi state university) and i hold my vice president (winnar) and other e-board members to a high accountability ! We all do not b/s or joke around when crunching numbers. We been trimming the fat for everything, to make sure we will have enough money to pay out the players. We constantly each week look at our msu budget and always changing it, but we are never ever in the red. So dont worry, everything will be "a" ok

BunBun

Smash Master
Plank assumed too high of a turnout, and was counting on hotel reservations and attendance to cover all the costs, but it didn't happen.

Because he had a contract with the hotel, he had to pay everything owed to them, and ended up using ALL the tournament money and some of his own to pay them.

There was nothing left for payouts.

100% his fault because of terrible planning.

But people shouldn't sue him for it, they should try to work it out so that they get paid back from him over time. It is still 100% his responsibility to make sure they get paid, even if he has to do it, as this was his fault.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Plank assumed too high of a turnout, and was counting on hotel reservations and attendance to cover all the costs, but it didn't happen.

Because he had a contract with the hotel, he had to pay everything owed to them, and ended up using ALL the tournament money and some of his own to pay them.

There was nothing left for payouts.

100% his fault because of terrible planning.

But people shouldn't sue him for it, they should try to work it out so that they get paid back from him over time. It is still 100% his responsibility to make sure they get paid, even if he has to do it, as this was his fault.
This is pretty much everything I wanted to say

I've been awake entirely too many days straight, so now I'm going to bed

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace

I am the president of the video games club and league here at msu (mississippi state university) and i hold my vice president (winnar) and other e-board members to a high accountability ! We all do not b/s or joke around when crunching numbers. We been trimming the fat for everything, to make sure we will have enough money to pay out the players. We constantly each week look at our msu budget and always changing it, but we are never ever in the red. So dont worry, everything will be "a" ok

I don't think anyone was taking a shot at you or Ryan. Recently, there's been a "development" with pound V where Plaink, the TO, stated that he would not be able to pay the winners. So everyone's a little on edge about that now.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

Good to hear. :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Hey guys if somebody wants to house me a few days before this tournament I am doing smash lessons for people. 300 for a week (or 5 days or something) or 100 for a day. I can do both games. This is probably the only time I will be in this state and the only time I am doing this. If you wanna donate to help me get back financial stability I will gladly return the favor =)

Also I would like a contract for this tournament, saying any money that I win they will have to pay me a certain amount of the pot (based on entrants) to me. I will read it carefully too.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys if somebody wants to house me a few days before this tournament I am doing smash lessons for people. 300 for a week (or 5 days or something) or 100 for a day. I can do both games. This is probably the only time I will be in this state and the only time I am doing this. If you wanna donate to help me get back financial stability I will gladly return the favor =)

Also I would like a contract for this tournament, saying any money that I win they will have to pay me a certain amount of the pot (based on entrants) to me. I will read it carefully too.
I'm paying for this. Melee me please.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

Good stuff. Also, if things start to look a little suspect, DON'T PANIC. Just let us know, and the community will pull through. We always do. People are bashing the community about reactions for the Pound incident, but this community sticks together. We feel betrayed, because Plank kept us in the dark. Just keep everything in the light, and be upfront with the community, and everything will be alright.

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff. Also, if things start to look a little suspect, DON'T PANIC. Just let us know, and the community will pull through. We always do. People are bashing the community about reactions for the Pound incident, but this community sticks together. We feel betrayed, because Plank kept us in the dark. Just keep everything in the light, and be upfront with the community, and everything will be alright.
Well see, we have it set-up to be FAIL-PROOF in the financial sector. Winnar always keeps me in check, and visa-versa. Also along with Winnar and myself, there are another 5 people on the executive board of the club. We all keep one another in check and not afraid to call b/s on Anything

SIDE NOTE: ATTENTION ALL, DUE TO THE DISASTER IN JAPAN WE WILL BE HOLDING A MONTHLY, ON MARCH 26TH. 100% OF THE PROCEEDS WILL BE GOING TO JAPAN RED CROSS RELIEF FUND. PM ME FOR MORE INFO !

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, why is Armada going to this?
-__-

Im'm going to answer this again for like the 100000th time.

When Winnar and I were sitting down creating the tournament we were thinking of ways on how to make it big. Well, the first way is to have a guaranteed pot with enough zeros behind hit. Ok, we got that. Then, we thought that we need the big smash ppl to come from each region of the USA. Check, we got that. But we also needed something exotic, something you only see like once a year. ARMADA ! So we got some sponsors and are able to offer him a plane ticket here. So thats why Armada is coming, 1) the prize pot is big, 2) The venue is no b/s ran out of someone's basement, 3)we knw what we're doing 4) free plane ticket

Out of curiosity, why is it so shocking that he's coming here ? Other top players such as M2K is gonna be here too !

Winnar

Smash Lord
tl;dr - We're paying for his ticket here because it's a good way to hype up the tournament

2link - oops sorry, I'll fix that now

Armada

Smash Lord
This thread needs more hype.

Long time to the tournament actually starts but still :p

SWEDEN =)

Winnar

Smash Lord
This IS the BBR ruleset -_-

I went to that thread that talked about a unified brawl ruleset between major TO's and pound 5 was on the list

So I used P5's brawl ruleset, that should be a BBR approved ruleset :\

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
This IS the BBR ruleset -_-

I went to that thread that talked about a unified brawl ruleset between major TO's and pound 5 was on the list

So I used P5's brawl ruleset, that should be a BBR approved ruleset :\
You have to PM Hylian to stick this.

stop polar bearing us, mrl!!!

btw: is it Metal Reflects Lime, or Metal Reflect Slime?
I get this a lot. My name is actually Metal Reflect Slime.

Polar bearing !!!
What does polar bearing mean? :confused:

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Once upon a time JustiN-Gage decided we needed a new word for "johns". His suggested replacement was "polar bear".

me and him are the only ones that use it though :bee:

Top Bottom