• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash League

Basseidon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Baaseidon

|Facebook Page| |Facebook Group| |Email|
Please check us out on Facebook.

Major Events:
Power Ranking Events will have :pow: beside the event

• Feb 27th 2016 - G-Town Throwdown (Grenada, MS) - WiiU:pow:
  • May 21 2016 - CINDERSLAM VI (not set, MS) - WiiU
  • July 1st-3rd 2016 - WTFox2 (Memphis, TN) - Melee - WiiU
  • August 2016 - Upcoming Power Ranking Tournament (not set, MS) - WiiU
Power Rankings:
WiiU Singles

About
Our state has a rich history in smash. However, this has only been on a local scene until now. Many players have been left out because they were unaware of any smash scene in Mississippi. That is where MSL comes in. We want to organize and connect local scenes into a collective state wide scene.

Below you can find a complete list all known established smash communities with their contact info. If you do not see a community within your area, please feel free to start one. We would love to support you and help you build that.

You will also notice a calendar with tournament listings. This is a comprehensive list of smash tournaments and events in Mississippi. We try to list as many tournaments as possible but there is a certain requirement an event must meet to be listed. See tournament section below for details.

Last edited:

Joku_Silver

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joku_9
Events

Please contact us to have your event listed.

All events are required to have a SmashBoard thread or some other link (like Facebook) posted with details of your event. This way we can link your event to our followers.

All major events will have a spacing of 2 weeks in between each other, based on first come first serve basis. This is to help promote and grow our MS events, so please plan accordingly.

Please contact us to have your event listed.
Archive
Major Events
Sept. 12th - Straight Outta Tournament Names (Grenada, MS) | WiiU PM

Monthlies / Locals

Last edited:

Basseidon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Baaseidon

The first Mississippi Smash League endorsed tournament was a huge a success. Last Saturday, Grenada County Smash League hosted "Straight Outta Tournament Names". Results have not been uploaded yet but stay tuned!

Currently, MSL is only promoting tournaments and being a source for smash players to find scenes and events in MS. However, to grow, we need more scenes and communities, like Grenada, to get active with MSL! We want to promote your Mississippi Smash event! (Monthlies or more frequent events will be promoted but in collective list of all monthlies going on in MS.)

Contact mississippismashleague@gmail.com

P.S. We are also looking for talented people who can be part of our team.

Last edited:

absurdmonkey34

Smash Rookie
So I'm kinda new to using Smashboards and I was wondering if anyone could help some pals and I find any scene around Southaven, MS as of now.

StarRoadWarrior

Smash Rookie
NNID
StarRoadWarrior
3DS FC
3351-4054-1907
Just a heads up but I'm on the power list twice I think this is my mistake because I sent my info twice

StarRoadWarrior

Smash Rookie
NNID
StarRoadWarrior
3DS FC
3351-4054-1907
Do you think all the information from the upcoming tournaments and groups be used to update the Mississippi page on SmashWiki? Right now it's really outdated with only 4 Melee smashers. Is keeping that updated something someone wants to do or I can do? Or is that page a lost cause?

JELYBEAN

Smash Rookie
Hey I've been wanting to get into competitive smash, specifically melee. What should I do? It is relieving to see that there is an actual smash community down here.

JELYBEAN

Smash Rookie
I'm willing to switch for the sake of smash, but do you think local tournaments could possibly become more accepting of melee in the future?

DERPFISHsaysNO

Smash Cadet
It's less liking/disliking melee and more down to the fact that smash 4 tournaments tend to attract a larger turnout. My area used to feature melee, but the TOs lacked the time to do both tournaments.

JELYBEAN

Smash Rookie
There are some sm4sh events in Hattiesburg. Top Tier (April, 24), and William Carey (April 30) if any one is interested.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
We've tried to gage melee interest, but its pretty slim. Most of us don't have the CRTs for it anymore, and i know most of us don't want to deal with the inevitable whining about playing on an lcd, no matter how low the input delay can get. There is more interest for PM, but even then it's not a huge crowd.

We're getting plans together for the 3rd southern discomfort, and so far there hasn't been much of a calling for melee.

Last edited:

MSU_Pope

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! You may remember me from MSU Smash dogs back in April. Well I'm back home for the summer in Tupelo, MS and I am currently trying to find a venue to host a smash tournament here. I was wondering who all would be interested in making a trip to Tupelo to compete?

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
probably depends when it is, for some it might be too far, but i know 100% Sundays are killer for me, due to work weekdays.

Sadly people in MS don't seem too willing to travel much, or now have other circumstances keeping them from being able to travel regularly. Also I would check Facebook and try talk with and get an idea of other tournaments that might be going on. Having 2 going on in the same weekend would just split potential attendance, although i can't think of any that would be going on much over the summer break period.

Roland87

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Im looking to get into playing smash around the local scene with the intent on improving and atrending some of the local tournaments soonish. Are any of you guys around the columbus/starkville area to either play online with or play at my house to work on improving maybe once or twice a week every so often.

Icecapman10

Smash Rookie
NNID
icecap10
Seems cool. Is it possible to have 64, PM, and Brawl Minus tournaments?

Top Bottom