• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission Complete!- Fox Discussion Thread

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Moderator edit: Hey guys! , Use this thread for any Fox General Disussion and any Fox Q&As you have as well. End edit

Trying to bring some organization in here. Hello everyone, I am NAKAT. I am a Brawl top layer and one of the best Fox players to come from Brawl in the tri-state region. Lets discuss Fox here for the sake of organization and I would like to get to know some of you so please introduce yourself!

I would also like to state that I own the Japanese game so I know a lot about Fox already as well a having videos of tournament game-play of him on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wusi

Smash Cadet
Sup, I'm one of the two Foxes that represented him in the EU (Brawl). Have you tried a lot of Brawl-esque strings like multiple uairs, fair to uair and all that yet? Also wondering if sh uair/fair and fh uair towards the BF platform still autocancels. Saw some gameplay from Zero, he's looking really beautiful so far. :love:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
@ NAKAT NAKAT

I'm a huge fan of your Fox. It really inspired me to improve my Fox in Brawl because I just thought your Fox was just so impressive.

Anyway, how do you like Fox in this game? I've seen your Fox and he looks pretty good but everyone else that isn't a Fox main thinks he's awful or something. Just curious what your opinion is of him right now. :)

Infamous_Prime

Smash Cadet
Im a recent fox from east texas lol. I only started playing fox a few months ago and Im so happy with him. Really excited for smash 4, he looks a bit nerfed in some areas, but overall I think he will still be a great character

Zephil

Smash Ace
Its great to see some old familiar faces from the Brawl era.

Just in case nobody remember, hi guys I am Zephil, one of the top Fox players in Panama and for a while represented him in the Midwest when I was in the US.

Now I am in China where nobody has a WiiU except me so maybe I will be the future best Fox in China :awesome:

jr22

Smash Apprentice
sup guys, I'm like one of the only brawl fox players that represented him in Memphis. I'm jr22 and I'm a big fan of your fox NAKAT. I have question to ask: since fox illusion doesn't puts him in a free fall anymore, is possible to illusion cancel to a aerial.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Hey Nakat, I just wanted to ask and know, Can fox still triple laser in the 3ds version?
Plus we're going to need a Match up guide for fox along with a fox combo guide, I would help, but I dont own the game yet. I want really want to see smash4 fox boards more lively (if that is even possible)

oh and I'm an old fox player that rep both CA/TX, but super inactive nowadays because of real life, da struggle is real!

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Thanks for all of the welcomes everyone. Fox can no longer triple laser. His double and single lasers are also nerfed because there is huge ending lag after using the blaster. GG to a safe camping game. You will have to position yourselves knowing you are committing to something that is highly punishable.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thanks for all of the welcomes everyone. Fox can no longer triple laser. His double and single lasers are also nerfed because there is huge ending lag after using the blaster. GG to a safe camping game. You will have to position yourselves knowing you are committing to something that is highly punishable.
How do you see Fox so far? I imagine the removal of chaingrabs will benefit him a lot. Does he seem overall nerfed from Brawl?

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I am in like 5 character boards so please be patient I will try and give you guys us much info as I can. Also I enjoy Brawl Fox a lot more than this one, but not by a huge margin. This Fox is just as cool, but different. Dair pops people up or away. Dthrow leads into aerials. Usmash kills about 10-20% later. Uair is a bit weaker too along with bair. Shine is pretty ass to edge-guard with. Dsmash is still awesome.

Illusion gives no more free fall this is soooooo goooddddd

Firefox is lomger but not by a lot

Shine stalling is nerfed

fair does less damage and can't be used laglessly out of a short hop

Nair is lagless

utilt is still good

NAKAT

Smash Champion
These nerfs are not hardcore btw. On paper this sounds ass however Fox can combo and string together attacks so well that these things aren't even an issue. He is still a very good character! They just toned him down a bit.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sup? Fox main here from Melee/Brawl. I'm looking forward to playing him once again in Smash 4. I did felt he played nearly the same from Brawl after the demo, but that's me

Shog

Smash Ace
I am casual as hell, but can get the Forward Aerial Spike (Or Multi Attack Spike) really easy with Fox. Killing with Fox in this game is really satisfying. I like him a lot in this game.

(I just can't use the Down B well in this game :( )

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
Hey guys I dont come here often (to smashboards)
But I just got smash 4 and Im playing Fox.
Has anyone else seen that Fox's fair spikes? the first about.. 2 of his kicks spike or send you downwards and the rest sendyou upwards, it's really interesting o-o
Maybe I will like Fox more than smash 4... maybe :o

P.S hay nakat scrub :D <3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Am I really the only one who doesn't mind Fox's voice now? :laugh:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Same, only "Landmaster!" and "Here I come!" are the lines that are questionable. His "Fire!" is alright, I don't mind it too much but the rest sounds pretty good.

Orange Fox

Smash Cadet
I'm also a good fox main coming from brawl, and been playing Fox a LOT lately, but I only owned the American version. I'm saving a lot of replays here and there for Fox combos and stuff but don't have a capture card. So for now just been testing the differences. I actually like fox a lot more in smash 4 than in brawl. I wrote a little thing on differences on AiB and might end up doing a little guide eventually. So might be looking at your stuff too lol

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Yeah the VA on Fox this time around isn't too bad. Its a bit inconsistent imo, but not terrible.

(I do miss the "Ha-ta Ha-ta" tho :crying:)

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Yeah the lack of sdi out of his dair and fair make those moves actually useful now. Dair sucks slightly more, but since its not escapable it is fine to use as a mid-air attack or edgeguard. It sucks as an air-to-ground attack as theres too much landing lag, and fair has more range and a similar multihit effect.

I'm also a good fox main coming from brawl, and been playing Fox a LOT lately, but I only owned the American version. I'm saving a lot of replays here and there for Fox combos and stuff but don't have a capture card. So for now just been testing the differences. I actually like fox a lot more in smash 4 than in brawl. I wrote a little thing on differences on AiB and might end up doing a little guide eventually. So might be looking at your stuff too lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I actually prefer all his voice acting in this game. "Fire" and "Landmaster" are the only hilariously bad lines, but all of his grunting noises are a-okay by me.
Fire sounds a bit nasally, but it reminds me of SF64.. one of the best games ever made. :)

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Nope! I use to hate it but now it's alright.
I'm slowly getting used to it.. Not sure if that's a good thing.. I just don't want to lose with Fox. EVER. His voice is enough initiative not to lose.

With that said, I'm fairly new to playing on the 3DS. I don't even own it, but I did manage to play Fox recently on a friend's DS. All I can say is, I miss my shine. No more shine drilling, or jumping out of the shine. Can anyone enlighten me more on Fox's combos and movesets?

Last edited:

LordMasterFox

Smash Rookie
I'm slowly getting used to it.. Not sure if that's a good thing.. I just don't want to lose with Fox. EVER. His voice is enough initiative not to lose.

With that said, I'm fairly new to playing on the 3DS. I don't even own it, but I did manage to play Fox recently on a friend's DS. All I can say is, I miss my shine. No more shine drilling, or jumping out of the shine. Can anyone enlighten me more on Fox's combos and movesets?
Fox can combo in both in ground and in the air much better. I recommend you a side-b into a dair or uptilt. Fox in smash can always combo into anything but now he combo more than ever! Fox is better in Smash 4 than in brawl in terms of combo's. Any other terms, that's up to the person!

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Do we have a Fox Combo Thread already? I think it'd be good to have someone make one if there hasn't already been one yet. If not, I'm willing to attempt to make one.

It'd keep things organized, sorta like a command list. Also it'd be good to list the pros and cons. And thanks LMF, for the input.

Last edited:

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Yeah the lack of sdi out of his dair and fair make those moves actually useful now. Dair sucks slightly more, but since its not escapable it is fine to use as a mid-air attack or edgeguard. It sucks as an air-to-ground attack as theres too much landing lag, and fair has more range and a similar multihit effect.
What? D-air never sucked, and it isint bad in smash 4. It's more risky but it still starts combos.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
Is what this person did possible for the default Fox Fire? I don't see some uses for this at the moment, but it's noteworthy.

Top Bottom