• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission Briefing (Samus video guide)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
HQ version - 160MB FileFront
Or go to the DC++ hub and DL it from me (Aftermath).

Other versions/links coming soon (youtube depends on whether they give me Director membership). One thing to note is that the HQ video is missing two subtitles that were erased during one of WMM's constant freezes. After it says "Bombing out of shield" it should go one and say something like "Situational, but good for retreating." Nothing too major, but just so you won't wonder why it's suddenly there in the later versions. Also, if FileFront won't work, make sure you don't have any web accelerators activated (like google web accelerator), as they will block you from DLing from FileFront.

My entry for Supernova63's contest of best Samus video. Like Co_and_me and Nova's vids, this is a video guide to samus. However, I tried only to include things essential to her gameplay and (with a few exceptions) stuff that's quite non-situational. There is a fun section at the end where I do show some of the situational and weird things that she can do though. When watching this, it's assumed that you already know the basics of the game (concepts of WDing, Lcanceling, etc.) and so the somewhat quick pace won't be confusing.

You might have seen the preview for this video and are wondering if it's just a slightly lengethened version of that with little additional content. Well, not only is this one 4 minutes longer, but about half of the old footage has been replaced by higher quality video of real match footage, but I also cut back the intro about 45 seconds, so there is more "meat" to this one.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy it and don't have too many gripes with the production (there are a couple places where WMM couldn't drop frames). Please leave a comment or rating and share with any of your friends who might be wanting to pick up samus or just see a few of the things she can do.

Remember to vote when SUpernova63 makes the poll thread!

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
so if im right, co and me did the first video guide for samus
then supernova released his own samus guide 2 days ago
and then YOU also release a samus guide???

wow.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, actually, the preview for this video was made about 7 months ago, so technically I was the first. Not to mention that this is an addition to my written guide on the basics of Samus.

supernova63

Smash Journeyman
wow... just saw it and i have to say your guide beats the crap out of mine and co's, but of course mines still better for noobs ^.^ i see 3 possible outcomes for the contest
1) wj was too rushed and the video is crap, yours wins autonomusly
2) wj was rushed, but he still did a semi good job and it is a close match between your guide and the combo video
3) wj shows that all wessed up was just a preview of his skill as an editor, the new video is good enough to rival shined blind and we all lose badly.

wak we've all been working hard on our guides for the contest co wanted to release his early so he did. i put a few final touches on my vid and released it on the deadline. and capn crunch's personal schedule conflicted with the deadline so he was a few days late.
cap'n crunch, you have my vote (unless wes steals it)

Deus

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why you even credited Juce, all the clips with Juce are just me using his name, lol. I would like to congragulate you on making me look like an ***. I would like to defend at least one of my ******** moves, the upb I did while I was getting missle spammed was suppose to be an over b, I'm just too ******** to hit the right buttons :p

silversh4d0w

Smash Apprentice
Good job, should win you the contest. SFM looked like a ***** to put together, the inclusion was appreciated.

Your samus looks better and smoother each time I see something new released, glad to see that. :)

Smashmaniac_91

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot for having made this, for I want to become good with samus but doesn't know any of her advanced tactics. Great job.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ok, SWF still isn't letting me update my first post, so hopefully a mod can help me sort that out so all the links can just be at the top.

The google video version just went live, so if you want to check out my video without havng to dl it first, a good quality version of it is up on google video.

Google Video Link for Mission Briefing

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Sorry, was on lil brothers alias by mistake. However, this video was very impressive and it had a lot of detail. Good work, I enjoyed watching it.

RaM512

Smash Rookie
The movie guide was excellent, i give it a 20/10. But there was a question i had, I just cant get the grip of it, can u make a real broad tutorial of the SWD? I get it very rarely, and that also in training mode 1/4 speed, can u show like the exact timing, and i mean REALLY exact, and use normal time, not x2 or w/e speed? =S Itz a really neat trick, and i would love to use it.

Once again, many props to your movie =D

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I don't think I can make any videos in the near future, since the computer I used to do so died on me. If you haven't, check this guide, as it explains everything in-depth and should give you some ways of practicing.

If I do get my computer back up and running, I could definitely make a frame by frame SWD video and show it in a whole bunch of different speeds and send that to you if you'd like.

Top Bottom