• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Missing Mii Costumes

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate left no one behind, EVERYONE IS HERE! Even the Mii Fighters came back. That said, several Mii costumes haven't returned from Smash 4 at the time I write this.

Here's a full list, separating them by series:

Super Smash Bros.
Hoodie:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
Neon Suit:ultswordfighter:
Plate Armor:ultswordfighter:
Fancy Suit:ultgunner:
Mage Robe:ultgunner:

Super Smash Bros.
Beehive Wig
Cowboy Hat*
Fancy Pirate Hat*
Frog Hat
Lion Hat
Red Ribbon
Straw Hat

*may have been left behind because of the Wild West and Pirate costumes in Ultimate, although both costumes were present in Smash 4, separate from the Cowboy Hat and Fancy Pirate Hat. So I'm still including them for posterity's sake.

StreetPass Mii Plaza
Bear Hat*
Cat Ears
Chef Hat
Chicken Hat
Cow Skull Hat
Dog Ears
Football Helmet
Hibiscus
Mini Top Hat
Panda Hat
Santa Hat
Spartan Helmet
Swimming Cap
Wedding Veil
Master Gardener's Crown
Mii Force Helmet

*separate from the headgear for the Smash original Bear costume, may have been why it was left behind

Super Mario Bros.
Red Shell Hat

Final Fantasy
Chocobo Hat

Super Smash Bros.
Samurai Helmet / Samurai Armor:ultswordfighter:

Super Mario Bros.
Geno Hat / Geno Outfit:ultgunner:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Tails Hat / Tails Outfit:ultgunner:
Knuckles Hat / Knuckles Outfit:ultbrawler:

Mega Man
MegaMan.EXE's Helmet / MegaMan.EXE's Armor:ultgunner:
Proto Man's Helmet / Proto Man's Armor:ultgunner:
X's Helmet / X's Armor:ultgunner:
Zero's Helmet / Zero's Armor:ultswordfighter:

Tekken
Heihachi Wig / Heihachi Outfit:ultbrawler:

Virtua Fighter
Akira Wig / Akira Outfit:ultbrawler:
Jacky Wig / Jacky Outfit:ultbrawler:

Tales of...
Lloyd Wig / Lloyd Outfit:ultswordfighter:

Monster Hunter
Hunter's Helm / Hunter's Mail:ultswordfighter:
Rathalos Helm / Rathalos Mail:ultswordfighter:

Babylonian Castle Saga
Gil's Helmet / Gil's Armor:ultswordfighter:

A lot more are missing than I initially assumed. I thought it was just all the third-party stuff but there are a lot more than just those.

Edit (4/16/19): The Tails and Knuckles Mii Costumes have returned. Third-party Mii Costumes in general will be a focus of further DLC as we now have Mii Hats for various Persona 3 - 5 characters.

Edit (9/21/19): The Proto Man and Zero Mii Costumes have returned. Odd that the batch in Banjo & Kazooie's release only had those two be returning and not the other Mega Man Mii Costumes for MegaMan.EXE and X.

Edit (11/10/19): The Akira and Jacky Mii Costumes have returned. Odd that the batch in Terry's release only had those two be returning and not the last fighting game costume from Smash 4 DLC, Heihachi. Hmm...

Edit (1/24/20): the X and MegaMan.EXE costumes from the Mega Man series are back, meaning we can cross off the entirety of the Mega Man DLC costumes from the list.

Edit (6/23/20): the Heihachi costume has returned, meaning every Mii costume from Smash 4 that was based on a fighting game is finally crossed off the list.

Edit (10/2/20): the Gil costume has returned, meaning we are now down to a handful of third-party costumes (Geno, Lloyd Irving, and the two Monster Hunter outfits) and the Chocobo Hat.

Edit (12/17/20): the Chocobo hat has returned (it looks different now, too), as has the Geno costume. The list gets tinier and tinier for the third-party costumes, now only Lloyd Irving and the two Monster Hunter costumes remain.

Edit (3/4/21): both of the Monster Hunter costumes have returned, with a Felyne hat added. This leaves Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia as the only third-party Mii costume that hasn't returned so far.

Edit (6/28/21): The Lloyd Irving costume is back. Now every single third-party costume has returned, while throwing doubt into the prospect of a playable Tales of... character. I'd throw out the possibility completely but we did get a Tekken character after the Heihachi costume returned... but I'm of the opinion that it may be a one time thing. I also don't expect two Bandai Namco characters in a row.

Do you miss any outfit in particular? I hope these all come back as DLC.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm disappointed that so many of the costumes in this game are just dress-up costumes of characters who are already in the game. I really don't see the point of dressing your character up like Mario or Link unless you're intentionally making a silly knockoff version of Mario or Link.

There definitely should be a lot more somewhat generic and interchangeable outfits.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure most of the third parties if not all will be returning. Out of all those I would only have my hesistations on Geno and Chocobo because cough. cough. Square Enix. But I hope we see a ton of new ones like Bomberman, Mach Rider, Adeleine, Polar Bear, Birdo, Kamek, Team Rocket outfits etc.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Just wait for DLC man, that’s when we’ll get cool costumes.

If Microsoft is on board than please have a Creeper head.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
They’re selling the missing ones as DLC. I can’t tell if that’s scummy or downright hilarious.

I do wish we got some more Sonic costumes though as Shadow and Amy would have been nice, maybe even Eggman.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Eggman, sure. He would fit on a human character. The others just look like goofy fursuits.

Put ears and hair, but don't put Tails's face on top. That just looks stupid. -_-

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I do like to do silly knock offs of existing characters. I made a Gunner dress as Fox and called him FAX, and I made a Brawler dress as Yarn Yoshi and named him Yashi. Just for the lulz.

I like making stupid looking characters.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Well hopefully getting Knuckles and Tails back is a sign of things to come.

Edit: Updated the OP.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Eggman, sure. He would fit on a human character. The others just look like goofy fursuits.

Put ears and hair, but don't put Tails's face on top. That just looks stupid. -_-
This is a real pet peeve of mine. The face hats and the face through the mouth looks really stupid. They should just replace the head with the character they're trying to represent just like the Black Knight helmet.

TrueBenJAMin

Smash Rookie
Imagine if you could change the color of the character-specific outfits? That would be TRUE customization right there. But we're still stuck with what we have rn, and it's only a matter of time before everyone gets tired of it.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Imagine if you could change the color of the character-specific outfits? That would be TRUE customization right there. But we're still stuck with what we have rn, and it's only a matter of time before everyone gets tired of it.
I would rather have more general outfits for a broader scope of potential characters than Blue Mario, myself.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
I also think it would be great to have the full list of colors that are available to hair and eyes as skin colors too. I want to make hulk etc with non human skin colors.

D

Deleted member

If we get a DQ Hero, I would love to see a Yangus costume.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Oh, wait, was Benjamin talking about being able to recolor every character in the game? I interpreted the post as meaning the character Mii costumes.

If it's the former then it would be a kind of obtuse feature, but I'd be down. Sounds like fun.

TrueBenJAMin

Smash Rookie
Oh, wait, was Benjamin talking about being able to recolor every character in the game? I interpreted the post as meaning the character Mii costumes.

If it's the former then it would be a kind of obtuse feature, but I'd be down. Sounds like fun.
I meant the former lol, but that idea you had just gave me the idea of dlc costumes for all the actual fighters.

Every fighting game recently has added costumes for dlc. Why not Smash Bros?

I also wonder why more character-specific mii outfits are being advertised for DLC except for something like the Mage outfit or the Knight outfit...

Like seriously, what happened to those?!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP again. I temporarily forgot about this thread since The Hero did not come with either the Geno costume or the Chocobo hat, it was only Dragon Quest stuff. Banjo's release confirmed that the Proto Man and Zero outfits from Smash 4 are back, though.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP once more. With Terry's release, we have confirmation that the Akira and Jacky outfits have returned.

pokemonfan32

Smash Rookie
i don't think the geno mii costume and the lloyd irving mii costume will return because i think that lloyd irving and geno will be full dlc fighters this time and i believe the heihachi mii costume will return when/if lloyd irving is revealed as a dlc fighter because heihachi's Japanese voice actor died and in the tekken games they killed off heihachi because of his Japanese voice actor's death (probably) so i don't think heihachi will be a dlc fighter

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
I miss the ssb4 hoodie, mage robe, swim cap, and hibiscus flower the most. These were items I had on some of my more used miis and I'm upset they aren't in this game

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
i don't think the geno mii costume and the lloyd irving mii costume will return because i think that lloyd irving and geno will be full dlc fighters this time and i believe the heihachi mii costume will return when/if lloyd irving is revealed as a dlc fighter because heihachi's Japanese voice actor died and in the tekken games they killed off heihachi because of his Japanese voice actor's death (probably) so i don't think heihachi will be a dlc fighter
Joker Mii Costume Released:
Persona 3 Protagonist (Persona)
Persona 4 Protagonist (Persona)
Morgana (Persona)
Teddy (Persona)
Tails (Returning Mii Costume from SSB4), (Sonic The Hedgehog)
Knuckles (Returning Mii Costume from SSB4) (Sonic The Hedgehog)

Hero Mii Costume Released:
Veronica (Dragon Quest)
Erdrick (Classic DQ1 Version) (Dragon Quest)
Martial Artists (Dragon Quest)
Slime (Dragon Quest)

Banjo & Kazooie Mii Costume Released:
Goemon (Mystical Ninja)
Proto Man (Returning Mii Costume from SSB4) (Mega Man)
Zero (Returning Mii Costume from SSB4) (Mega Man)
Rocket Grunts (Pokémon)
Sans (w/MAGLOVANIA Song) (Undertale)

Terry Bogard Mii Costume Released:
Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
Ryo Sakazaki (The Art of Fighting)
Iori Yagami (King of Fighter’s)
Akira (Returning Mii Costume from SSB4) (Virtua Fighter)
Jacky (Returning Mii Costume from SSB4) (Virtua Fighter)

There’s a major difference between these Mii Costumes and the Heihachi Mii Costume that you missed on. All of them are already represented in the Base Game through the Music, Assist Trophy‘s, Spirit’s, and Series repped by their Main Stars. While Heihachi has literally nothing that can prevent his inclusion since Tekken has a Massive Amount of Content that is not in the Game and in their Massive Library of Content. In other words your using an Apples and Oranges comparison

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
King of Fighter’s completely defeats that Argument As Heihachi voice actor clips from Tekken 7 is used for the Mobile SNK Game https://youtu.be/GqQh_z5J9cE

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP again. With the X and MegaMan.EXE costumes back, every Mega Man series DLC costume from Smash 4 has returned.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
You can go ahead and cross out Heihachi now.

Not looking good for Bamco representation. I'm still praying for Lloyd to be a fighter, personally.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Lloyd, Gil. Geno, Chocobo, Monster Hunter, and Rathalos are the only Smash 4 Mii costumes missing now which would be 6. I think they're all returning with Geno and Lloyd's returning with their playable selfs in their packs. Geno and Lloyd I believe are in.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP again. I haven't been on Smashboards for a while, but with Min Min's announcement, we got the Heihachi costume from Smash 4 back.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not looking good for Bamco representation. I'm still praying for Lloyd to be a fighter, personally.
While Lloyd isn't my personal Namco choice, I strongly believe if we get a Namco rep it's going to be him. He has more evidence going for him compared to other Namco characters. Evidence such as:

- Smash 4 Mii costume MIA.

- Every Smash 4 Mii costume becoming either a playable character, boss, Assist Trophy, Spirit, or cameo in Pac-Man's taunt in Ultimate excluding Lloyd.

- Trademark icon for something Tales related which is unknown what that is at the moment.

- Tales 25th anniversary being this year.

Lloyd's absence is very suspicious and I have been taking note of this for almost 2 years now. I literally believe 99% we are getting Lloyd Irving.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I've been saying this for some time...
But how would you feel if Gil became playable?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP once more. I mostly come back to this site just to update this thread before talking Smash elsewhere these days.

Sorry, person above me. Gil would have been pretty cool but since his costume's back he probably isn't likely for Ultimate DLC.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Updated the OP once more. I mostly come back to this site just to update this thread before talking Smash elsewhere these days.

Sorry, person above me. Gil would have been pretty cool but since his costume's back he probably isn't likely for Ultimate DLC.
Yeah, that sucks. Well at least Lloyd is still alive, I can hope for a Tales of character. Maybe Cress or Yuri.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP yet again. I didn't think we'd get another character so soon after Steve, let alone that character being Sephiroth of all people, haha.

Pour one out for the (well-behaved and good-spirited) Geno fans here. I was expecting him to get the Sans or Cuphead treatment, with a head-covering mask like those two, if not at least an accompanying music track, but alas. Even as someone who doesn't love Geno like other people do, it's sad we still don't have any Super Mario RPG music at the very least.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Updated the OP once again. RIP Monster Hunter fans (and possibly Capcom fans in general? It... might be time to give up on my man Phoenix Wright :().

I'm pretty surprised that Pyra / Mythra didn't come with any Xenoblade costumes. anything from Xenogaers or Xenosaga would have been cool as well though those were sadly less likely anyway,

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Lloyd is the only one who didn't appear, and the Namco costume has been skipped twice.
What will happen to him?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lloyd is the only one who didn't appear, and the Namco costume has been skipped twice.
What will happen to him?
Either he’ll be dropped WITH a Namco character, a JRPG character, a Swordfighter, even someone who shares an innocuous common quality such as just wearing red I wouldn’t put it past them

OR they just randomly drop Miis without a character like how Lloyd was in 4. They dropped a stage sans character after all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just FYI: even if Lloyd's costume does return, it can still come with another Tales character (maybe Yuri).
What about another Namco character in general? Geno’s not from Final Fantasy but his costume came with Cloud in 4 and Sephiroth in Ultimate

Top Bottom