• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide (Part 1)

Guide Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide (Part 1)

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
TheColorfulOrca submitted a new guide:

Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide - An in-depth guide for those wanting to learn the secrets of the Umbra Witch

Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide

Bayonetta hails from the game Bayonetta, released in 2009. Five years later, a sequel was released, titled Bayonetta...
Read more about this guide...

Hey everyone! This is a comprehensive guide covering everything Bayonetta has to offer. It is complete as of 5/28/16, but only recently has a Bayonetta section been added to the Guides.

This guide was originally (along with Part 1) all one guide. However, because the guide was so long, it could not be edited and saved unless the Rich Text Editor was disabled. This meant that the only way to edit my guide was by using BB Code, which is very difficult to use. In order to fix this, the guide has been split into two parts, one for beginners and one for more advanced players. This guide is aimed at beginners and inexperienced Bayonetta players, whereas Part 2 is recommended for more advanced Bayonetta players. Reviews and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I hope this helps both beginners and long-time Bayonetta players in one way or another!

Last edited:

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
TheColorfulOrca updated Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide with a new update entry:

Update 1.1.0 - Guide Complete!

6/10/16: At long last, the original version of the guide has been completed! Although technically "finished", I do plan to add a few more sections, such as match-up analyses and stage analyses. Expect more soon!

Note that this is the same guide previously posted in the General Guides section, but to change the section it was in, I needed to make a completely new guide. All of the content remains the same, and the only thing that changed is the section it is under....
Read the rest of this update entry...

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
(I'd just like to note that downwards ABK only requires :GCDR::GCR:+:GCB:, instead of :GCD::GCDR::GCR:+:GCB:. I bring this up, because I've found dABK is easiest to pull off when you :GCR::GCDR::GCR:+:GCB:, than it is to do the full quarter circle, which, for me at least, leads to a lot of accidental Witch Times.)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
(I'd just like to note that downwards ABK only requires :GCDR::GCR:+:GCB:, instead of :GCD::GCDR::GCR:+:GCB:. I bring this up, because I've found dABK is easiest to pull off when you :GCR::GCDR::GCR:+:GCB:, than it is to do the full quarter circle, which, for me at least, leads to a lot of accidental Witch Times.)
Alternatively, if you set your c-stick to special, you can easily perform divekick by holding down on the control stick and pressing left/right on the c-stick. Thats how I do it anyway, as misinputting and getting witch time by accident is the last thing I want to do.

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tip, guys! I had no idea you didn't have to do the full Quarter Circle Input (QCI) to perform dABK. I've ran into that problem as well, and I always get pretty mad when I accidentally use WTime instead. I'll edit the guide as soon as possible to include that information. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention!

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
TheColorfulOrca updated Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.1 - New Section!

6/17/16: First major update! Here's a list of what has been updated:

- Added a new section, Stage Analysis! This aims to analyze all competitively viable stages and determine how they affect Bayonetta. Includes pictures!
- Added percentages to all combos! Listed at the end of a combo in gray, they signify the amount of damage a combo does, assuming everything hits. Hopefully this will help you to determine which combos you like the most!
- Added Falling Uair (Late) combos!...

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice

Update 1.0.2 - More Combos!

7/01/16: Another update complete! Here's a list of what has been updated:

- Reorganized all combos into two sections: Short and Long! Short combos have 2-5 moves, and Long combos have 6 or more moves. This does not remove any other existing organization methods the combos were organized in, only adds to it.
- Added many more combos to the Short Combos list! This should give you many more options if you're looking for short, reliable combos to build up...

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support! I'm glad you were able to improve with this guide! If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Could you add some combo using BA Uair too? It can act as a combo starter too, i wrote about it in the combo thread.

Nice guide though! Going though the combo list reminds me of the time i was playing Tekken 3 lmao

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support! Bayonetta definitely has a lot of potential combos, and I still need to add more!

As for the combos involving BA Uair, I replied to your post in the combo thread, but I definitely didn't know about it's potential until you brought it up! I will add the info as soon as I can!

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
TheColorfulOrca updated Miss Me Baby? A Bayonetta Guide (Part 1) with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.3 - Guide Split in Two!

8/01/16: This is an extremely important update! This guide was originally (along with Part 1) all one guide. However, because the guide was so long, it could not be edited and saved unless the Rich Text Editor was disabled. This meant that the only way to edit my guide was by using BB Code, which is very difficult to use. In order to fix this, the guide has been split into two parts, one for beginners and one for more advanced players. This guide is aimed at beginners and...

Endres008

Smash Rookie
Just messing around, it appears that dABK can combo to ABK at mid to high percents. Don’t know what you can really do from there, but WT seems to work, and then I can’t get anything after that. Could someone else test this and see if it’s true?

Top Bottom