• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misinterpret the Sakurai Quote!

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
It is revealed that Masahiro Sakurai and Jim Davis are two halves of a god. By fusing together, they gain the power to remove Monday from the flow of time - Sunday now goes straight to Tuesday.

'It appears that you are using ad block :'(
Hey, we get it. However this website is run by and for the community... and it needs ads in order to keep running.
Please disable your adblock on Smashboards, or go premium to hide all advertisements and this notice.

Alternatively, this ad may have just failed to load. Woops!'

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sakurai is referencing puffs, which normally come in ball shape, and Kirby is often referred to as a "puffball" meaning that the next character will be a Kirby character!

"What the heck?"

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sakurai said the word heck, that means that the next fighter has been or is associated with heck (also known as hell), meaning that the next character is Doomguy!

"I've fallen, and I am struggling to get up."

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Super Smash Bros and LifeAlert will now be doing a promotion together. Every copy of Melee now comes with a free LifeAlert and viceversa.

"so i've been talking with videogamedunkey, recently, and that's got me thinking about some philosophical stuff. anyways, Melee 2 is cancelled, y'all"

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Sakurai is turning over a new leaf. He has decided to stop making Smash Bros. games so he can meditate on the deeper issues of life, such as the nature of reality... That and he is sick of the frequent complaints from fans, hence the frank announcement.

"Oh, no! I just bought a bread machine, and I lost it!"

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Pack your bags, everyone; Smash's over since Sakurai is gonna die from starvation without his bread machine

"Hi my name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that's how I got myname) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don't know who she is get da hell out of here!). I'm not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he's a major ****ing hottie. I'm a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I'm also a witch, and I go to a magic school called Hogwarts in England where I'm in the seventh year (I'm seventeen). I'm a goth (in case you couldn't tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Hot Topicand I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. I was walking outside Hogwarts. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of preps stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them."

(I feel like I've done this before in this thread...)

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
... Now I know that Smash Bros. is finished. Sakurai is having an identity crisis, wrapped in gloom, seasoned with morbidity, and served with a side of curious context chaos ... Poor Sakurai!

' Hi. Good morning. '

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Just like any other tweet Sakurai has made, this tweet is going to have a cancerous comment section...

" "

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Minecraft Steve will be overpowered in the next game as a nominal tribute.

"I'm going to study dentistry in the near future."
Fellas... Super Trauma Centre Bros. confirmed as a Switch OLED exclusive release. I can't wait to play as Jotaro.

"Personally, I prefer dark cherry jam to strawberry jam, but they pale in comparison to lemon curd."

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Sakurai wanted Gru from the Despicable Me movies in Smash Bros., but Nintendo found themselves using the legal budget to buy an equal value of lemon curd for consumption by executives.

"Don't listen to anything I'm saying. Everyone keeps twisting around what I say!"

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This means that you can make your Smash in your way you like.

"That was SMASHING character reveal"
"Nigel Thornberry confirmed next fighter? Can't believe Nickelodeon would let that happen"

"It's been a particularly long week, so I'm going to bed for the evening. Don't play my game too much!"

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Brain Age boss fight with educational elements featuring Dr. Kawashima confirmed.

"Kris get the banana." Potassium."
Every single character in the history of the Donkey Kong series has just been confirmed for the next Smash game, though sadly, every character who is not a part of the Donkey Kong series has been removed. Also, the Queen is DLC, and the game is changed completely to a bumper car simulator.

"I must stress, 4th party picks will never get into Super Smash Brothers. I apologise if that disappoints anyone, however."

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
He means that he will boil apart their gameplay elements. Using those gameplay elements, he will make 14 new FE characters based off of those designs

“Please stop harassing me for Waluigi, I swear I’m at my limit.”

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Sakurai is at his limit... For resistance to caving in to the pressure, and presses for Waluigi's inclusion.

"The statement I'm making is a lie. I beg everyone. Don't think about it at all! It's cheap, it doesn't mean anything, and I'm going to hide in the closet while everybody discusses this!"

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Sakurai is at his limit... For resistance to caving in to the pressure, and presses for Waluigi's inclusion.

"The statement I'm making is a lie. I beg everyone. Don't think about it at all! It's cheap, it doesn't mean anything, and I'm going to hide in the closet while everybody discusses this!"
Sakurai has low self esteem, and wishes not to be seen.

“I won’t make smash 6.”

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
The next Smash Bros. game will take as a minor objective the demotion of Mario.

"I was about to go sailing this weekend, but I remembered my seasickness, and settled for racing remote-controlled boats in my backyard pond instead."

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Sakurai sailed and he had seasickness and instead he put boats in his Backyard.

"I am not Joking Now about Inclusion of Fighters"
This is a thinly veiled joke, which proves that he'll be adding Goomba, Koopa, Parakoopa, Shy Guy, NES Toad (specifically from SMB1, not SMB2, meaning that it has absolutely no moveset and simply wails incoherently that the Princess is in another castle) a sentient ? Block and the oil barrel from the bottom of Donkey Kong's 25m level that occasionally spews a fireball or two, to the next Smash game.

"It was very difficult to make Ultimate a reality, mostly due to licensing. As a result, I can imagine a lot of third party characters might not make it into the next title... for which I apologise."

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
The next smash game will only have Final fantasy characters

“You clowns call me incompetent on twitter yet always beg me for your most wanted. I’m done, your characters will never be in Ultimate
!”

Top Bottom