• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misaligned Character Portraits

thedarkcave215

Smash Rookie
Hey there, folks! I recently finished unlocking all the characters in Melee (I've only had it for a year or so) and there's been a burning question in my mind: Why do the unlockable characters (Dr. Mario, Falco, Roy, Pichu, Ganondorf, & Young Link) have character portraits that are slightly lower than the rest of them?

Another thing I noticed is that if I turn the camera with the C-Stick, those portraits are a bit behind the rest of them. There are also a few stages that are slightly behind the rest of them.

Here's what it looks like for those of you who forgot:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's to show that they are clones of the characters to the left/right of them. That's why Jiggs, Mewtwo, G&W, and Marth don't have them since they are unique. Luigi is a semi-clone so he doesn't have one either.

Last edited:

thedarkcave215

Smash Rookie
It's to show that they are clones of the characters to the left/right of them. That's why Jiggs, Mewtwo, G&W, and Marth don't have them since they are unique. Luigi is a semi-clone so he doesn't have one either.
Ah, okay. But there's also a few stages that are slightly behind the rest. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but the ones I remember are Jungle Japes, Temple, Yoshi's Island, & Venom.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ah, okay. But there's also a few stages that are slightly behind the rest. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but the ones I remember are Jungle Japes, Temple, Yoshi's Island, & Venom.
I think it's just because they're on the bottom row of that one section.

Top Bottom