• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Dinoman96

Smash Master
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/ <----Pally is only ranked at #26, which is basically around the center core of their mid tiers. So she's not as low as you'd think.

EH's tier list is garbage anyways. Bowser in particular should be nowhere near the bottom.

Last edited:

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
No. Spit it out already, dancing around the point and dropping hints is dumb.

Although by the sound of it it's just chained ledge cancels?
I agree with this... I thought the point of this thread and forum was for Palutena mains to share info and discuss the character. I can only imagine how dead this thread would be if everyone was elusive about what they found :(

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No. Spit it out already, dancing around the point and dropping hints is dumb.

Although by the sound of it it's basically chained ledge cancels?
Fine... sheesh. And yes

I agree with this... I thought the point of this thread and forum was for Palutena mains to share info and discuss the character. I can only imagine how dead this thread would be if everyone was elusive about what they found :(
Not many ppl credit wifi-restricted players like myself, and I can't say I was respected much during my Brawl Pit days despite my push to help em. It was because of how I was mistreated by the community back then that I often either feel unwanted and/or just not appreciated at all, so I occasionally feel like I should hide stuff and data I find and just keep it for myself.

Sigh... But fine, just consider it chained warp cancels on a proper sized platform. Unfortunately no recording gear here.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I can see some potential uses for it. Ledge canceled warps are a good way to escape many traps for example if you happen to be in a favorable position, because you're free to act after a short period of time and the distance makes it hard to follow up anyway. Depending on what your opponent is doing, it might put you in an advantageous position afterwards and would definitely take them by surprise if they're not used to her edge cancel shenanigans.

I should really get around to practicing with Warp more. I have no excuse not to now that I have the Wii U version. I'm a sucker for just about anything involving mobility shenanigans.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wish I could help, but I can only do so on the 3ds version atm, and display it for you if you really want to. I will be more active in the daytime if anything.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well everyone, my Palutena combo video is finally done. I wanted to do this earlier when the 3DS version first came out, but due to me not having a capture card, it made things a whole lot difficult. Plus, I think Palutena deserves more justice being done on the Wii U. So here it is. Hope you guys like it.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea Palutena can ledge cancel a lot on BF. It's ridiculous. She can warp cancel the same platform over and over again. It takes a lot of skill to accomplish though. Somehow I can do it better on 3ds than Wii U.
Palutena circle camping on Battlefield O_O

Warp cancels. Warp cancels everywhere.
Which is why I made this post. Because I realized the potential of Warp Cancels.... its really ridiculous when you think about it.

I'm excited for Big Battlefield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess Warp Hopping didn't get discovered by me. I'd still love to play (sadly on the 3ds) from time to time, and utilize its potential.

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
Well everyone, my Palutena combo video is finally done. I wanted to do this earlier when the 3DS version first came out, but due to me not having a capture card, it made things a whole lot difficult. Plus, I think Palutena deserves more justice being done on the Wii U. So here it is. Hope you guys like it.
Combo on Zero Suit at the beginning...
down throw > up air > fastfall to cancel the up air > jab > regrab
Can Palutena chain grab?

Also, is the warp canceling dependent on your distance from the ledge?

Last edited:

GrouZekJr.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4141-2848-1883
Working on that Warp cancel here, it's very risky though and can lead into some frustrating SDs. But it's not as hard once you get the hang of it. I find it very, and i say VERY useful for edgeguard tricks.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Combo on Zero Suit at the beginning...
down throw > up air > fastfall to cancel the up air > jab > regrab
Can Palutena chain grab?

Also, is the warp canceling dependent on your distance from the ledge?
Yeah, the combo I did on Link I made sure to be in enough range. Just wanted to see how fast it could be followed up from. As far as the chain grabs, it may not be like Mêlée, but it's the next best thing.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
that's a really cool combo video, kmpyj !!
i'm excited to main her in wii u (; hopefully customs are legal

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Mad respect! Is Fair into Super Speed into follow something that works on humans as long as the Fair connects, or is it something that they can interrupt by mashing out an airdodge or aerial? Also, is SH Uair easier to do on the GCC? I'm having an insane amount of time doing it on the 3DS... though I haven't tried since turning off Tap Jump, maybe that will help. Also, I'm assuming Warp Cancels are infinitely easier to do on the GCC. Oh right, and are any of these combos using Lightweight?

... maybe I'm asking too many questions... sorry, I was just really impressed with a few of the things I haven't tried doing and wanted to see how I could incorporate them :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
no, from 3DS actually

Edit: seriously though someone give me these images or I won't do cool stuff

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Mad respect! Is Fair into Super Speed into follow something that works on humans as long as the Fair connects, or is it something that they can interrupt by mashing out an airdodge or aerial? Also, is SH Uair easier to do on the GCC? I'm having an insane amount of time doing it on the 3DS... though I haven't tried since turning off Tap Jump, maybe that will help. Also, I'm assuming Warp Cancels are infinitely easier to do on the GCC. Oh right, and are any of these combos using Lightweight?

... maybe I'm asking too many questions... sorry, I was just really impressed with a few of the things I haven't tried doing and wanted to see how I could incorporate them :p
Thanks man. In regards to the Fair to super speed, that actually works as consecutive hits. So far, it seems to work best and easier at 50%-ish. I think it can work on percentages a little lower, but I haven't tested that yet. The SH Uairs, at least IMO, are much easier to pull off on my Gamecube controller, as well as the warp cancels. I always have the Tap jump off when on the Wii U and 3DS. So to me short hops were sorta kinda easier on the 3DS, but it just feels better on the Wii U. Unfortunately, I did not use light weight in any of the combos. They were all Palutena's normal stats.

Last edited:

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man. In regards to the Fair to super speed, that actually works as consecutive hits. So far, it seems to work best and easier at 50%-ish. I think it can work on percentages a little lower, but I haven't tested that yet. The SH Uairs, at least IMO, are much easier to pull off on my Gamecube controller, as well as the warp cancels. I always have the Tap jump off when on the Wii U and 3DS. So to me short hops were sorta kinda easier on the 3DS, but it just feels better on the Wii U. Unfortunately, I did not use light weight in any of the combos. They were all Palutena's normal stats.
No Lightweight is good news, it just means there's possibly so much more Palutena can do. If this happens to be the best we get out of her attack chains without Lightweight, just imagine what's possible with it :p

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I guess no one's interested in kool parutena things huh?
I mean, I would help, but if you are only looking for 3DS pictures then that is where I'm limited. :( I don't have a capture card for it. So all you would get is ok quality pictures from my phone. I do however have a good quality capture card for the Wii U, and I could easily get you picture from that.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Battlefield, make sure they're standardised, same camera angles and size, I'll give you credit for em.

Thanks! Delegation! Delegation!

Usmash is the exception because usmash

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Battlefield, make sure they're standardised, same camera angles and size, I'll give you credit for em.

Alright, I am working on it right now

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

Ok, I'm finished. There on my PC now. So how do you want me to go about giving this to you?

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Upload and pm em to me <3
Quick question. You said you wanted them all in the same shape and angle too right? So for a move like Palutena's up smash, do you want me to keep it in the same range as I did with the other Smashes, or would you prefer for me to zoom out a little to see the full beam?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Quick question. You said you wanted them all in the same shape and angle too right? So for a move like Palutena's up smash, do you want me to keep it in the same range as I did with the other Smashes, or would you prefer for me to zoom out a little to see the full beam?
Zoom out but keep the same angle

Hon Si Zi

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to deal with Sonic online, but combination of his speed and online lag makes it near impossible for me. Is there any thing that really works well in that match up?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The explosion make it more epic, as expected from the Goddess of Light.
I'm occasionally looking forward to more Palutena matches with customs and such if I'm active (sadly still on the 3ds). But don't worry, I may get a Wii U before Xmas, and then amazing Pit and Palutena goodness in HD, and on new stages! I'm looking forward to it soon.
:4palutena: I couldn't help it.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
so it seems Palutena can blush? or is this just a paint thing i ask this becuse it doesn't look like her blushing here
is an edit since its for a results screen can anyone confirmed this?

Top Bottom