• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Touhou and ARMS; two franchises you think would never cross over...
WELL THINK AGAIN, FOR I AM HERE 😎
Min Min wearing Youmu Konpaku's outfit (my favorite Touhou girl), an artwork that I commissioned myself ^^
(Also my pfp is also one I commissioned, this time from the legendary Akai Riot :D)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This artist's been drawing Min Min with every single one of the Smash cast (so check out the rest of their stuff if you haven't already. Way too much in quantity to fully post here), but this one hands down has got to be one of my favs
Love all the references and callbacks here.

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hol' up, don't mind me, just posting more Min Min commissions I've asked for these past few weeks ^^
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hol' up, don't mind me, just posting more Min Min commissions I've asked for these past few weeks ^^
You're doing God's work by commissioning these.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still can't believe 5 months later that our girl is in in. It was hard to imagine beforehand she would be the chosen one among the Arms characters when most of us thought Spring Man who we thought was the mascot would be the Arms character chosen for Smash. I'm so happy our Min Min is in in for the win win. Seeing all the fanart is like seeing our girl become a celebrity.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, that period was a slog.

Speculation became boring real quick when everyone narrowed it down to four realistic choices in about a day or two, with most people leaning towards either Spring Man or Min Min.
I remember leaning towards 2 options:

1. Hero scenario with any of the following characters being the default and the alts:

Spring Man
Spring Girl
Min Min
???

Looking back at it, me and other people who thought this was likely didn't know jack**** about the Arms games. I never played Arms myself, but I was cheering for our ramen girl because out of them all, she looked like the coolest and most unique to me Arms character to me.

2. Min Min because of her not only winning the Party Crash, but because I really, REALLY preferred her over the other Arms characters even though I didn't know jack**** about them lol! But yeah, I put more stock on Spirit Min Min getting promoted over Assist Trophy Spring Man and I won. Nothing against Spring Man, but I find his design and conspect bland in comparison to Min Min's. I also think the first Assist Trophy promotion will be someone VERY popular the fans want like Waluigi or Isaac.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I didn't realize that ProfessorFandango had finally drawn Min Min, so here you go.

Maaaaaaaan... time flies

On the flip side, the three month wait from tease to full reveal felt like it took ages
Still beats waiting for :ultjoker:'s gameplay reveal, which was around a little over half a year before that happened.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Still beats waiting for :ultjoker:'s gameplay reveal, which was around a little over half a year before that happened.
Ar least with Joker we still knew who the character was

Half the reason the ARMS wait was brutal was cuz there was no guarante your preferred choice would make it in.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ar least with Joker we still knew who the character was

Half the reason the ARMS wait was brutal for me was cuz there was no guarantee Min Min would make it in.
I'm so glad Min Min is in in for the win win. I was 50% 50% on it being Min Min solo or a Hero scenario with Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and ect. I'm glad it was the first instead as looking at it now a Hero scenario wouldn't work well for Arms.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm so glad Min Min is in in for the win win. I was 50% 50% on it being Min Min solo or a Hero scenario with Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and ect. I'm glad it was the first instead as looking at it now a Hero scenario wouldn't work well for Arms.
Yeah, not to mention the fact that according to Yabuki, everyone in ARMS is the main character, so supporting them for later installments should be easier than it would be otherwise.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, not to mention the fact that according to Yabuki, everyone in ARMS is the main character, so supporting them for later installments should be easier than it would be otherwise.
It would be cool to have Twintelle be the 2nd Arms rep in Smash 6. I hope she's next as I think she's the coolest looking Arms character after Min Min.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would be cool to have Twintelle be the 2nd Arms rep in Smash 6. I hope she's next as I think she's the coolest looking Arms character after Min Min.
I wouldn't be opposed, so long as we at least get one or two more alongside her. I'm only concerned about some folks not being particularly fond of her status as the game's resident fan service gal.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't be opposed, so long as we at least get one or two more alongside her. I'm only concerned about some folks not being particularly fond of her status as the game's resident fan service gal.
I think people will have no issue since Twintelle is like the 2nd most popular Arms character as well as racially diverse.

Staarih

Smash Master
Twintelle would be cool now, but should an ARMS 2 come about in between (which I personally think will happen), it may introduce new characters some of which may become instant faves à la Isabelle in AC, or some older characters' redesigns may affect their popularity beneficially. The next Smash speculation cycle will be interesting to see, though luckily that'll happen far away in the future (as we're all kinda burned on current speculation lol).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Twintelle would be cool now, but should an ARMS 2 come about in between (which I personally think will happen), it may introduce new characters some of which may become instant faves à la Isabelle in AC, or some older characters' redesigns may affect their popularity beneficially. The next Smash speculation cycle will be interesting to see, though luckily that'll happen far away in the future (as we're all kinda burned on current speculation lol).
I kind of fear to see what the roster will look like in Smash 6 as I'm afraid they're to cut half of the veterans out of the next Smash due to licensing issues and making room for more newcomers. At least we don't have to worry about that for another 7 to 10 years or so. But I'm curious to see who get's into the next Smash as well.

D

Deleted member

Hello.

So, I'm back to playing Smash. And Min Min is quite fun. I'm still not able to use her two arms at once, but what is funny is that I have been trying to get Cloud and Steve into Elite Smash, and I failed at that. But Min Min is at Elite Smash with almost 8.22 million GSP.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hello.

So, I'm back to playing Smash. And Min Min is quite fun. I'm still not able to use her two arms at once, but what is funny is that I have been trying to get Cloud and Steve into Elite Smash, and I failed at that. But Min Min is at Elite Smash with almost 8.22 million GSP.
Min Min is Top tier in Online play for sure. She's been my top in Elite Smash for a while despite not using her as much as my other mains. A lot of online players don't really know how to deal with her yet, especially since we still don't know how well she will do in offline competitive play due to the pandemic.

I'd recommend practicing in Training mode or something to consistently using her soft attacks vs. her smash attacks. Her soft attacks allow you to have the option to move, jump, and double jump or followup with a second soft attack. Strong attacks you can only follow-up with another strong attack, so its good to try to practice this so you can take advantage of your options, especially in the air. So while getting used to that, you can follow up with secondary attacks with her other arm. From there you can do mixups like attacking and catching jumps with her second attack, or spacing yourself if you whiff.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If Chun-Li get's in, I'll be excited to see all the fanart with her and Min Min since they're both Chinese ***kicking girls. I imagine Min Min and Chun-Li having a sisterly bond together.
Doesn't Chun-Li like ramen as well?

I honestly think Min Min was inpsired by Chun-Li.

Top Bottom