• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just a heads up for any of y'all who wanted to play ARMS yet refuse to pay 60 bucks.
Up until the 30th, it'll be 30% off (aka $41.99) over on the eShop. I'd still consider that a bit much, but hey, it's start

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just a heads up for any of y'all who wanted to play ARMS yet refuse to pay 60 bucks. Up until the 30th, it'll be 30% off aka $41.99 over on the eShop which I'd still consider a bit much, but hey, it's start
Yes. I already own it so I can't really make use of it but making it $40, even if temporarily, is sure to bring in more people.

Also is this the first Nintendo game to go on sale, or is there one I'm missing?

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just a heads up for any of y'all who wanted to play ARMS yet refuse to pay 60 bucks.
Up until the 30th, it'll be 30% off (aka $41.99) over on the eShop. I'd still consider that a bit much, but hey, it's start
What is the source of your avatar? It looks amazing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So who is the best Min Min player you guys have seen thus far? I haven't seen anyone mess with her full potential yet.
I know Esam's been using her a fair bit for the first little while but I'm not sure about who's been using her lately. From what I saw he's done pretty well with her.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, still around two weeks before the next amiibo launch windows conclude.

If nothing happens by then, this is going to start rivalling :ultjoker: in regards to wait between fighter announcements.

People underestimate Sakurai's work ethic. I'm pretty sure he's the type of person that can't just sit still and do nothing, he has to do something.

Whenever Sakurai's done Smash he's not going to be taking a vacation for a long period of time, he's likely going to start moving onto whatever his next project is and he'll likely put in as much effort into that as he does for Smash.
Good to see someone besides me actually showing some sense about this topic.
Well, the guy currently has no idea what he even is going to do after Ultimate is done (since :iwatadirect: , his friend and mentor, is no longer around to suggest a next course of action), so I figure that we might hear about it by the end of 2021 or start of 2022 once he's managed to figure it out. I think his sarcastic comment of "oh wouldn't it be great if next Smash was X years later" suggested that he's putting Smash on hold for a good while after Ultimate finishes. Whatever his next project will be, I'm pretty certain it'll be the kind of project that he'll treat as a one-shot.

Incidentally, his latest column is about him still remaining fit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First and foremost, congratulations to all of you here for getting your most-wanted in.

Overall Rating for Min Min - 9.3 outta 10
I bought her earlier this past week and am quite impressed with her mechanics. Her controls seem to be quite a departure from what we are used to. Makes you feel you ain't really playing Smash, huh?

Favorite alternate costume(s)? The yellow/green swatch that vaguely references Kid Gohan to me. The pink one, too, 'cause, well, pink has always been my favorite color.

This is just me, but I think she is similar to SC Ivy, except far more family-friendly. I may be in love here, even though she will not be my main. My girls are always going to be my mains.

Spring Stadium - 7 outta 10
The stage looks like fun, but I will not be using it much. The music tracks laid out for this stage were not too bad. I liked Cinema Deux track the most. It feels like I went to a 1970s action movie, and damn, I miss that decade.

And...those are my thoughts and first impressions. Sayonara! :yoshi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
20200925_092352.jpg

Just dropping by to celebrate this thread's 2 year anniversary.

Man, still can't believe we got this far haha. I'll admit I did make this thread thinking she had a slight chance, but I pretty much lost hope by the middle of pass 1.

Thanks once again y'all for the support. And I hope y'all have had fun playing as our Ramen Bomber. I know I've been. Already spent 20+ hours with her alone, making her my most played character by a longshot lol.

Man, this is a surreal timeline lol. Anyways can't wait to see what the next characters have in store, and I can't believe we still have 5 more to go. And the next one seems to be right around the corner so things may start picking up again soon.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Here's a late question:
why wasn't Min Min's trailer commentated by other characters like Joker and Byleth's were, despite Biff commentating in the Arms directs?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a late question:
why wasn't Min Min's trailer commentated by other characters like Joker and Byleth's were, despite Biff commentating in the Arms directs?
Its pretty clear that Min Min's trailer was made with a smaller budget. And with the pandemic going on they opted for something more minimal compared to previous trailers. With that in mind there's also a chance that commentary was just not planned at all for Min Min's reveal. The way the trailer went there wasn't much of a need for any commentary hence why there wasn't any. Whereas Joker's sorted of needed it otherwise no one would really understand what's going on half the time "oh look it's Joker running around doing things I guess, O Smash letter!? what? huh?" and Byleth's trailer was sorted almost tied directly to Three Houses with character interactions.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Its pretty clear that Min Min's trailer was made with a smaller budget. And with the pandemic going on they opted for something more minimal compared to previous trailers. With that in mind there's also a chance that commentary was just not planned at all for Min Min's reveal. The way the trailer went there wasn't much of a need for any commentary hence why there wasn't any. Whereas Joker's sorted of needed it otherwise no one would really understand what's going on half the time "oh look it's Joker running around doing things I guess, O Smash letter!? what? huh?" and Byleth's trailer was sorted almost tied directly to Three Houses with character interactions.
And come to think of it,
Arms is not fully voiced like Persona 5 and Three Houses are.

amageish

Smash Master
Here's a late question:
I imagine it'd have been a touch awkward to make the trailer text-based without voice-acting, given how Biff speaks, but I am surprised he isn't at least shown dramatically reacting at some key moments.

I dunno. Does Sakurai just not like Biff or anything? He’s not even a Spirit.
Min Min's spirit board is a bit underwhelming in general IMO... Lots of characters who definitely could have had spirits just... didn't get them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Min Min's spirit board is a bit underwhelming in general IMO... Lots of characters who definitely could have had spirits just... didn't get them.
They didn't even bother updating Spring Man or Twintelle's battles to accomodate the new ARMS content that'd suit em better.

They have precedence for this too, so it boggles me why they didn't even bother. The least you can do is give em their respective themes or something, which still would've gone a long way imo.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
They didn't even bother updating Spring Man or Twintelle's battles to accomodate the new ARMS content that'd suit em better.

They have precedence for this too, so it boggles me why they didn't even bother. The least you can do is give em their respective themes or something, which still would've gone a long way imo.
Yeah, it's super weird. I kind of like Min Min's battle sticking with Corrin as that feels like a fun relic of her original status, but the other battles should totally have been changed to use their actual music tracks at the very least... Granted, I believe some SNK battles were updated last update, so maybe they'll randomly change things later?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 288395
Sauce (I'd usually post the whole twitter embed, but our girl isn't visible in the preview)

I know the focus of this portion is Steve, but I don't believe the initial mural with just Min Min was shared here, so I'm counting it

Btw Steve was another big want of mine. Getting him right after Min Min is pretty surreal haha. Can't wait to try him out.
Didn't expect to see someone bring up an Arion Rashad work, good on you for doing so. They're a great artist.

Top Bottom