• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's cool that her reflector is upsmash, that also means we can do it out of shield :)

From the Clips and Sakurai's explaining Min Min's moveset:
She is best at Long to mid range combat with a few opinion to close combat like her kicks
The moves of her ARMS reflect how the game works with:
-A button for Left and B button for the right. Though she can only switch her right ARMS weapon
She has her unique dragon arm after a successful grab and can be lost after knockdown. Also, her deflect kick with Up smash to reverse projectiles.
Each ARMS weapon has their pros and cons with speed, damage and range coverage.
Megawatt: Heavy and slow with huge damage and knockback with potential KO power.
Dragon: Average ARMS weapon with laser fired at the peak of the range. Left arm can change the laser to be stronger with her Dragon arm
Ramram: fast hitting ARMS weapon, a good get off of me tool and can cover good range. But has lowest damage and knockdown as a trade off.
You can also charge the selected ARMS weapon to it's corrasponding element for extra power.
Her recovery has two variants:
Ground- uses her ARMS to propel upward and can be angled
Air- Byleth and Joker's grapple line to edge.

If anything else I missed here, go ahead and fill it in.
Don't forget you can smash in the air. ;p
What do you mean charging with an element?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What colors are you guys planning on rocking the most? I'll probably stick to both her default and the fourth color since that was my favorite alt in ARMS.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What colors are you guys planning on rocking the most? I'll probably stick to both her default and the fourth color since that was my favorite alt in ARMS.
I'm sticking with the pink alt. It just looks so good on her!

amageish

Smash Master
We've only seen one victory animation for Min Min so far, but I expect the other 2 at least will be shown off eventually
It is kind of funny we only saw one in the entire presentation. I imagine she'll have her two victory poses from ARMS, but I don't know that they'll do for the third.

I like her second pink and blue one a lot, but will probably use the default quite a bit too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Black & yellow cuz that's my go-to color in ARMS and gray & black because it just looks so cool

honestly though, all her costumes are phenomenal,

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
the blue and pink one (her 2) were my go-to in Arms so I'll likely continue using that, though I could also see myself running the default color and the blue one (presumably 5), since they also looks super cool to me.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I tend to just use the default color, but I also like the black and yellow and the blue alts a lot; I'll most likely be switching between those three. I'll give them all a try when she's out though

MattX20

Smash Hero
It is kind of funny we only saw one in the entire presentation. I imagine she'll have her two victory poses from ARMS, but I don't know that they'll do for the third.
The third would probably involve her either eating ramen or advertising the family restaurant

amageish

Smash Master
The third would probably involve her either eating ramen or advertising the family restaurant
Yeah, the third being her in a more casual situation would be super cool - her cooking or eating ramen, or maybe singing autographs/talking to fans a la her promotional art? Alternatively, her posing with the championship belt a la the Party Crash Bash art would make a lot of sense.

Min_Min_Gifts.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since I started playing ARM fairly recently, I've only played a small handful (pun not intended) of it's characters so far.

In honor of Min Min's inclusion in Smash Ultimate, I'll play as her through my next Grand Prix.

Congrats again, everyone!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I play with pink alt with my current main, Bowser, so I’ll rock that one with Min Min as well.
And off topic, but I really like her down smash, and how it’s really fast and the endlag involves her doing a little breakdance. Already, that’s my go-to Elite Smash taunt.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
another piece of fan art coming y'alls way

this just makes me excited to see the other 5

can't wait for pics featuring all the DLC characters after everything's said and done

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
What are some of the best reaction videos that you've seen so far? At the moment, I've only seen Alpharad's. (just link the videos for the sake of mobile users)
Soon after the reveal I went to watch Plup's reaction because I know he is a patient Megaman main and I would think he would be interested. And yeah he really was.

Btw can we just stop and appreciate two aspects of the reveal animation. Min Min literally waited patiently for her customers to finish before going to a really big match and subsequently being late for it just because she wanted to be polite.
And Min Min has human arms and pupils normally. This is pretty big for the lore as there has been contention on whether the characters are some sort of cyborgs or mutants.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
another piece of fan art coming y'alls way

this just makes me excited to see the other 5

can't wait for pics featuring all the DLC characters after everything's said and done
One of my favorite parts of any Smash newcomer reveal is the influx of fan art that follows, NGL.

amageish

Smash Master
And Min Min has human arms and pupils normally. This is pretty big for the lore as there has been contention on whether the characters are some sort of cyborgs or mutants.
Yeah, it's interesting. I knew that you needed your mask on to control your ARMed-up arms, but I didn't think that they'd revert to normal with the mask off. That must make day-to-day life for everyone much more manageable...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Soon after the reveal I went to watch Plup's reaction because I know he is a patient Megaman main and I would think he would be interested. And yeah he really was.

Btw can we just stop and appreciate two aspects of the reveal animation. Min Min literally waited patiently for her customers to finish before going to a really big match and subsequently being late for it just because she wanted to be polite.
I do like how Min Min was use din that way. Certainly says a lot about her character. Also, it kinda makes sense the arms would work that way, as having to wear a mask and bring around giant arms 24/7 seems very inconvenient.
One of my favorite parts of any Smash newcomer reveal is the influx of fan art that follows, NGL.
Same, so I hope a lot more gets shared here. Min Min seems perfect for such art, as a noodle house is the perfect place for casual meetings between fighters.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, it's interesting. I knew that you needed your mask on to control your ARMed-up arms, but I didn't think that they'd revert to normal with the mask off. That must make day-to-day life for everyone much more manageable...
Tell that to the average Joe in the comic who smashed his coffee mug because he didn't bother putting his mask on first.

No, in the context of this trailer I'm pretty sure it was done just to surprise those who know nothing about ARMS whatsoever. Or do you want to explain why Byleth doesn't simply fly to every boss while summoning weapons from other dimensions in Three Houses?

Same, so I hope a lot more gets shared here. Min Min seems perfect for such art, as a noodle house is the perfect place for casual meetings between fighters.
I like to imagine her and Spring Man being secret friends, and pulled some strings to give him and his stadium time in the Smash spotlight, particularly with her noodle house's future being already secured by her prior victories.

amageish

Smash Master
Tell that to the average Joe in the comic who smashed his coffee mug because he didn't bother putting his mask on first.
I honestly forgot the comic had had anything released from it... Hopefully we do get the full thing sometime, as I would like to see more about the extended world.

Anyway, well, that's awkward. Good to know.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Min Min is a breath of fresh air, honestly. Its neat to see the mascot trope passed over for once.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just had a funny little detail of the Min Min trailer pointed out: When Min Min runs off, Captain Falcon's first instinct after seeing her gone is to give Kirby an accusatory expression that implies he thought Kirby ate her.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i've been watching a bunch of reaction videos, and they are always fun. Anyone have any japanese reaction videos, and how is japan reactingg to Min Min in general?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I stumbled upon some art I am sure would love to be seen here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Her new blue and black alts speak to me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Take a guess...

That said I'll probably also use her new Blue/Green colour alt, and while I don't usually go for the pinkish colours her megenta alt looks neat as well. I might even switch to her black and yellow alt from time to time as that was the one I went with in Arms.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You think Min Min's amiibo would require those clear plastic rod things to hold her arms up or?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You think Min Min's amiibo would require those clear plastic rod things to hold her arms up or?
I hope they pull a joker and give it something like a flame or dust cloud effect so it actually looks presentable

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Probably gonna be going with the black and aqua alts the most, but admittedly all her color options look amazing so I might just use all of them, lol.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A small add to the list
Sakurai said that Min Min is great against Heavy Weights, but has a harder time against those that are lighter and excels in the air. So he already stated the matchup for her, though people can change it as she grows with people.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I remember that Kid Cobra was born with springy arms.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's officially been 24 hours since Min Min's reveal

It still doesn't seem real...
It probably won't feel real until you're actually playing as her, and even then, it might take a while haha. (I remember feeling the same way when Banjo was announced)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I was assuming for some time that a surprise of some sort would come with the reveal. I just never thought it'd be a new feature for the spirit battles, of all things.

Min Min is a breath of fresh air, honestly. Its neat to see the mascot trope passed over for once.
It does help that the source game's producer believes that everyone is the main character and doesn't believe in lesser stars.

I wonder where that puts Biff in any of this.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey congrats guys and this addition was a win for almost everybody because she literally got almost every single character from spirits back on the board

Oh by the way

Your girl being added to the ”everyone is here banner”

Last edited:
Top Bottom