• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Plenty of art to share, that's for sure.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hey, I'm not sure if Sakurai said this, but do you guys think we could do Left Jab > Right Smash or Left Smash > Right F-tilt, or Right Jab > Left F-tilt or something? It looked like Min Min can alternate between attacks with those arms.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey, I'm not sure if Sakurai said this, but do you guys think we could do Left Jab > Right Smash or Left Smash > Right F-tilt, or Right Jab > Left F-tilt or something? It looked like Min Min can alternate between attacks with those arms.
The Jab is the same as the tilts (when you dont just tap for the kick) but you can move around by tilting. I think you can only do two alternate attacks (between left and right) before you have to wait.
I assume you can do normal and then a smash, but im not fully sure.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For a while now on top of being Yabuki's favorite and the most popular character in ARMS. I wonder if Min Min is going to become the Morrigan of ARMS. After all that is how she became the mascot taking Demitri's place due to the latter.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
For a while now on top of being Yabuki's favorite and the most popular character in ARMS. I wonder if Min Min is going to become the Morrigan of ARMS. After all that is how she became the mascot taking Demitri's place due to the latter.
That would depend first of all on how Arms will do as a series going forward. It's clear that Nintendo still has faith in Arms as an IP since they are giving it a much needed second chance with adding Min Min to Smash and having another free trial on the way and assuming the devs take criticism into consideration for the next game it could very well become a much needed staple franchise going forward. With Min Min's current popularity over every other fighter even before making the leap to Smash Bros (I wonder if we'll even see her in other crossovers? Mario Kart anyone?) it could very well be possible she'll become at the very least a psuedo-mascot to both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. I don't think she'll outright replace Spring Man but that's up to the developers going forward. It's important to keep in mind that Spring Man is still relatively popular in his own right.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I doubt she will overtake him in prominence, but I am confidant she will rise to his level given time. The game doesn't just have one character on the boxart after all. Honestly, Ribbon Girl is the one more at risk of being demoted in some way.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mentioned this in the newcomer thread a couple days ago, but feel this at least solidifies Min Min as the Chun Li of ARMS so to say, in comparison to Spring Man's Ryu and Ribbon Girl's Ken.

Not the face per say, but an ensemble dark horse character who gained significant notoriety overtime up to the point where about as equally inseperable to the series as the mascot, possibly even overshadowing them in popularity in the process.

Also, she's a Chinese woman specializing in Martial Arts just like Chunners, so that analogy works perfectly

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mentioned this in the newcomer thread a couple days ago, but feel this at least solidifies Min Min as the Chun Li so to say, in comparison to Spring Man's Ryu and Ribbon Girl's Ken.

Not the face per say, but an ensemble dark horse character who gained significant notoriety overtime up to the point where about as equally inseperable to the series as the mascot, possibly even overshadowing them in popularity in the process.

Also, she's a Chinese woman specializing in Martial Arts just like Chunners, so that analogy works perfectly
If we are going to mention TV Tropes, even her Super Smash Bros character section points her out as fitting under the Alternate Company Equivalent for Chun Li. I didn't even know that was a trope till I saw it in her bio, but it does kinda fit.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Soooo...is it Monday yet?

Or should I say Minday?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm curious if any cert of Duck Hunt/Mii Sword Fighter/Bayonetta type glitch will occur alongside the patch with Min Min.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I probably won't get a good chance to play her until Wednesday because of my ****ed up work schedule. :/

Oh well, I'll just watch some videos from the pros in the meantime and hopefully get an idea of what I should be doing with her.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It's funny how this decent looking leak was fake yet we got Min Min anyway. It reminds me of the Palutena leak from back in the day when even though it was fake, we got Palutena anyway.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's funny how this decent looking leak was fake yet we got Min Min anyway. It reminds me of the Palutena leak from back in the day when even though it was fake, we got Palutena anyway.
Moreover, the faker assumed the logo would be a fist, no less.

Makes you wonder if they shouldn't go into the soothsayer business instead. Although that seldom works for LeakyPandy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Can I just say? I love the positive reception Min Min's been getting.

I was worried she'd be a fairly controversial choice, but for the most part aside from a couple outliers, I've seen nothing but pure love for the character.

Lots of interest, lots of fan art, and just lots of buzz in general.

Granted it probably helped that they announced the fighter was from ARMS months ago, but still.

As someone who was a little distraught with the enormous amount of backlash Byleth got, this a nice change of pace.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I was worried she'd be a fairly controversial choice, but for the most part aside from a couple outliers, I've seen nothing but pure love for the character.

Lots of interest, lots of fan art, and just lots of buzz surrounding her.

Granted it probably helped that they announced the fighter was from ARMS months ago, but still.

As someone who was a little distraught with the enormous amount of backlash Byleth got, this a nice change of pace.
I have to say it brightens me up as well that people who haven't played Arms are starting to like Min Min. This is one of the things I like about Smash is that it can make a obscure or non relevant character really popular. K. Rool wasn't in a game for years and when he got into Smash he got a overwhelming postive reaction from non DKC fans. As a huge K. Rool supporter and DKC fan this made me very happy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I think announcing arms beforehand definitely helped, people had time to accept it. I wonder what would've happened with Byleth in that kind of case tho :p I think people would've still been as upset all the time, if they learned it's another fire emblem character.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles

Byleth's controversy was all about how we got yet ANOTHER Fire Emblem character, and one that capped off a Fighter's pass that had gaming icons like Joker and Banjo in it (most everyone was expecting another explosive 3rd party addition just to be let down). Personally, Byleth's inclusion didn't bother me in the slightest (saw it coming with how well-received Three Houses was and the weapons gimmick was a cool touch), but I do see where they were coming from.

Min Min was a far easier pill to swallow not only because there was a prior announcement telling us what franchise the newcomer originated from, but Min Min herself was already on everyone's top 3 ARMS picks, meaning her reveal didn't surprise most but was still incredibly well-liked.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Byleth's controversy was all about how we got yet ANOTHER Fire Emblem character, and one that capped off a Fighter's pass that had gaming icons like Joker and Banjo in it (most everyone was expecting another explosive 3rd party addition just to be let down). Personally, Byleth's inclusion didn't bother me in the slightest (saw it coming with how well-received Three Houses was and the weapons gimmick was a cool touch), but I do see where they were coming from.

Min Min was a far easier pill to swallow not only because there was a prior announcement telling us what franchise the newcomer originated from, but Min Min herself was already on everyone's top 3 ARMS picks, meaning her reveal didn't surprise most but was still incredibly well-liked.
Min Min is the perfect example of a really popular casual pick. Isabelle falls into this category as well.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seems like GimR's hosting a Min Min only tourney featuring a bunch of Top players like MKLeo, Nairo, Marss, ESam, etc. If you're looking for any decent Min Min tech for competitive play it may be worth looking into it.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Since Min Min got in, doesn't that mean she's the winner of the Arms waifu wars?

I'll see myself out.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was watching a few reaction videos, and I caught a combo that sakurai did that i didnt notice before, it was hitting with the ram ram arm and then the dragon arm followed up with the laser after kirby got hit.

Makes me curious about arm combos :)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe its just me, but time seems to be flying by, especially compared to the wait for the reveal after the presentation was announced. Is it like that for anyone else, or is it even slower?

Also, here is some more art.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Maybe its just me, but time seems to be flying by, especially compared to the wait for the reveal after the presentation was announced. Is it like that for anyone else, or is it even slower?

That one with Little Mac, tho! XD

amageish

Smash Master
Delayed Thought: Min Min's victory poses will probably just be her three ones from ARMS: her regular pose, her dragon-arm-activated pose, and the pose she makes upon winning the Grand Prix ft. the belt. The belt pose kind of resembles her dragon one, but it's different enough that I could see it being used.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's not just you, we're almost at launch day.

Top Bottom