• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
pello.png

:ultminmin
MIN MIN

Game of Origin: ARMS (2017)

Min Min, one of the many colorful characters from the Nintendo Switch fighting game ARMS, is making her way into Super Smash Bros Ultimate as Challenger Pack 6 of paid DLC, and is one of six fighters featured in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2 bundle.

Bringing her stretchy appendages, fierce kicks and three interchangeable ARMS, Min Min is packed to the brim with battle ready maneuvers to serve up some competition.

NOTABLE ATTRIBUTES
Min Min is unlike any other Smash fighter before her, bucking a whole lotta Smash norms and bringing some quirky attributes on the side.​

• First things first, her extendable ARMS give her the biggest reach in the game by a wide margin, being able to extend to about half of the average stage. In a bit of a departure from Smash's norm and taking queues from the ARMS game itself, the (A) and (B) buttons are mapped to separate ARMS. (A) Controls the left, (B) Controls the right. You can angle the punches slightly up, slightly down, release it behind you, You can even use em in the air, Smash attacks included. That being said, only the ARMS head has a hurtbox, and is also pretty slow to boot, making her pretty wide open for attacks if you're not careful enough. This makes her a queen against more grounded and heavyweight characters while more lightweight and aerial fighters will be a lot tougher for her.
  • The (B) button controls her right ARM. This one's head can be swapped out with her Down Special, ARMS Change. You can swap through three different options. The Dragon, Ram Ram, and Megawatt​
    • The Dragon, at first glance is pretty straightforward. Hold down the button after perfoming a Smash attack to unleash a laser beam​
    • The Ram Ram shoots out in an arc and is the fastest of the three. Albiet it's also the weakest. Perform a Smash attack to flame it up.​
    • Finally the Megawatt is the strongest of the three, and if a Smash attack is performed it gains an electric effect. That being said it's also the slowest and clunkiest of the three.​
  • The (A) button controls her left ARM. This one is always mounted with the Dragon head. If you grab an opponent, the ARM will take a green, scaly, dragon-like appearance. This ARM will now be powered up for about twenty seconds.​
  • She ain't just got punches though she's got a couple kicks in the mix too, For example if you quickly tap the button instead of holding it, you'll unleash a kick jab, instead the usual punch. Also, her up Smash kick in particular also works as a reflector, once again, a nice nod to her original game​
  • She's got two up specials depending on where you perform it. On the ground, it's ARMS Jump, using her ARMS, Min Min'll bounce up off the stage and into the air. This'll be useful to get out of sticky situations. In the air however, the up special becomes ARM Hook, in which Min Min will extend her left ARM out. This acts a tether recovery.​

290px-MinMin.png

MIN MIN (ARMS) FOR SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE SUPPORT THREAD

WHO IS MIN MIN?
Min Min is a character from the 2017 Fighting game, ARMS. Like most fighters from that game, Min Min, has special elastic ARMS that can reach long distances. She is also known for her kicks and her noodle inspired design.

WHAT CAN SHE BRING TO SMASH?
Well, The first thing that is worth noting is her extendable ARMS. With them, Min Min would have the longest reach in Smash by a longshot... Also, her use of kicks can also be very useful by giving her a lot of variety in her move set.

Her left ARM also has the ability to morph into a Dragon after preforming certain maneuvers. ARMS are chargable and can be used to deliver a powered up attack. Usually after one attack, the the ARM loses it's charge. The Dragon ARM however, will remain fully charged til the next time Min Min gets hit. This could definitely add a bit of strategy to the mix.

Victory_minmin.gif

Pretty cool Huh?

WHY HER? WHY NOT SPRING MAN OR RIBBON GIRL? AREN'T THEY THE MASCOTS?
The problem with Spring Man and Ribbon Girl in my opinion, is that they're a little too basic. We need a character with personality and style. And who better to pick than Min MIn? She easily has one of the best designs for a game character in a long time. All of the subtle noodle references In her design just make her ooze with personality. Also unlike other ARMS characters, not only can she punch, but she can also kick. This can bring a lot more variety in her move set...

Besides, ARMS producer Kosuke Yabuki has stated that his favorite character in the game was Min Min. Being the favorite child definitely helps in some cases...

SHE'S IN ULTIMATE A SPIRIT. ISN'T THAT A DEATH SENTENCE?
I think it's a bit too early to tell. I've got a small feeling base game spirits may still have a chance starting with Season 2, assuming that was probably planned much later. Only time will tell

Potential Music For Her Inclusion
Still a bummer that base Ultimate got no ARMS tunes whatsoever. This is a game with some excellent tunes. If Min Min (or any ARMS character for that matter) got in, she could definitely pick up the slack.
Grand Prix (Title)
Ramen Bowl (Min Min)
Spring Stadium (Spring Man)
Ribbon Ring (Ribbon Girl
Mausoleum (Master Mummy)
Ninja College (Ninjara)
Scrapyard (Mechanica)
Cinema Deux (Twintelle)
Snake Park (Kid Cobra)
DNA Lab (Helix)
Sky Arena (Max Brass)
Via Dolce (Lola Pop)
[NAME REDACTED] Dr. Coyle
Get ARMS

HOW CAN I HELP?
You can help in two ways:

1. Give me some recommendations for something like a potential move set, alt costumes, or even a stage. This thread is far from complete. Any help will be appreciated..

2. You can Show Support for Her Inclusion
All you have to do is either vote in the poll above with a yes, or tell me in the thread replies that you support her for Smash... Do either of these two things, and I will add your name to the support list.

SUPPORTERS

Thank you for checking this out. This thread is Far from complete and I hope to update it regularly.

Also Check Out:
Spring Man Support Thread
Ribbon Girl Support thread
Lola Pop Support Thread
Max Brass Support Thread
Dr. Coyle Support Thread
Biff Support Thread
ARMS General Character Discussion Thread

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Min Min is my ARMS waifu, but Twintelle effectively has four arms, which gives her more moveset potential, I think. Dr. Coyle is second with three arms.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I definitely support Min Min. Although I disagree that Spring Man is boring. I think every ARMS character qualifies as interesting because they all have stretchy arms...or hair. :p I'm happy to see an individualized ARMS character thread as well.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I personally wouldn't mind seeing an ARMS fighter with 8 costumes that represent the large majority of the ARMS cast, akin to the Koopalings/Bowser Jr.

Since there's 8 fighters with the correct body/arm configurations, it would work pretty well. (Springman, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Ninjara, Kid Cobra, Lola Pop, Missango, Springtron) Twintelle having hair instead of ARMS would require a completely different base model, so they wouldn't be able to make her a simple costume. Same for Master Mummy/Max being a larger body size. Barq & Byte being a duo would disqualify them.

I think Min Min's best chance lies in being a costume swap. But I would be more than happy with Min Min as the 'base' fighter and everyone else as the costumes. I think her dragon arm gimmick would translate really well into a Smash moveset.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
MinMin for the wn win.

The best ARMS character to main and someone I would support so much. As much as her delicious noodles.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I personally wouldn't mind seeing an ARMS fighter with 8 costumes that represent the large majority of the ARMS cast, akin to the Koopalings/Bowser Jr.

Since there's 8 fighters with the correct body/arm configurations, it would work pretty well. (Springman, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Ninjara, Kid Cobra, Lola Pop, Missango, Springtron) Twintelle having hair instead of ARMS would require a completely different base model, so they wouldn't be able to make her a simple costume. Same for Master Mummy/Max being a larger body size. Barq & Byte being a duo would disqualify them.

I think Min Min's best chance lies in being a costume swap. But I would be more than happy with Min Min as the 'base' fighter and everyone else as the costumes. I think her dragon arm gimmick would translate really well into a Smash moveset.
Couldn't happen, they all play too differently. Even Ribbon Girl would be very different. Springtron has a 15% chance to be an Echo if Spring Man gets in, though.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
I support Min Min to be Playable in Smash Bros Ultimate :D Sign Me Up

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Couldn't happen, they all play too differently. Even Ribbon Girl would be very different. Springtron has a 15% chance to be an Echo if Spring Man gets in, though.
They play somewhat differently in ARMS, but in Smash, they all have basically the same gimmick. You'd have to include each character's unique ability (extra air time, enemy slowdown, etc.) to really differentiate them, but in Smash, those abilities aren't what stands out about them. As long as they have stretchy arms, they could stand out from the rest of Smash's roster, with little-to-no need for adding in the unique abilities.

You could make an argument that each ARMS fighter has different starting weapons (good point!) but unfortunately by endgame, all ARMS fighters can use every weapon, so there's definitely room to give them all the same equipment-set as one costume-swapping Fighter in Smash.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Y'know, I'd rather have Spring Man, but if Min Min got in instead I would not be mad in any way because it'd still be an ARMS character, so I support her.

I wouldn't even be mad if it was one of the characters I don't actually like, like Ninjara, Master Mummy, or Kid Cobra.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Y'know, I'd rather have Spring Man, but if Min Min got in instead I would not be mad in any way because it'd still be an ARMS character, so I support her.

I wouldn't even be mad if it was one of the characters I don't actually like, like Ninjara, Master Mummy, or Kid Cobra.
I have the same opinion. Spring Man is my favorite character and he's definitely the most likely, but more than anything I want ARMS to be represented with a character. ARMS is so unique and the characters are all so wonderful, I'd hate for it to be forgotten about. I feel like an appearance in Smash would be a guarantee that ARMS is here to stay. Although, I'm one of the few that doesn't want an ARMS costume swap character, although I'd still main them if that's the direction they chose. I understand why they would but I feel like it just wouldn't do the characters justice.

Min Min in particular is awesome though. She's definitely one of the best character designs, just not one that appeals to me more than some others. Although she has some similarities to Spring Man. She's heavily focused on charged punches and has a type of parry. Definitely like that.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Just discovered this thread existed. Definitely want to be added as a supporter, Min Min was instantly my main the second I touched Arms and even if certain DLC characters were also great for me (Lola Pop and Dr. Coyle I found to be excellent additions), Min Min remains my favorite from that game.

In fact, I think I'd say that from Switch era Nintendo she's my favorite new character, and every day I hope we see more her in the future as well as Arms characters in general.

Might just go with a change in avatar for the occasion.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Just discovered this thread existed. Definitely want to be added as a supporter, Min Min was instantly my main the second I touched Arms and even if certain DLC characters were also great for me (Lola Pop and Dr. Coyle I found to be excellent additions), Min Min remains my favorite from that game.

In fact, I think I'd say that from Switch era Nintendo she's my favorite new character, and every day I hope we see more her in the future as well as Arms characters in general.

Might just go with a change in avatar for the occasion.
I did the same thing. More people should change their avatar to ARMS characters. They're the best.

Honestly, as much as I love Spring Man, if I had to choose one character to show how ARMS has fantastic character designs I would choose Min Min.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... She was spotted as a Spirit, but she's still got a better chance than Spring Man and Ribbon Girl who are currently in other roles...

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Heads up to fellow Min Min fans:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...crash-bash-min-min-faces-off-against-lola-pop

Min Min is facing off against Lola Pop in a "Party Crash Bash!" tournament starting today and ending Monday morning. The tournament is a bracket featuring the full cast of Arms with face offs happening on various weeks. Loser will be eliminated and winner continues on through the bracket. The winning character will be declared based on win percentages.

This could be a way to show our passion and measure popularity for these characters so...

Let's get online in Arms and help push Min Min to the top!

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I realize I’m a little late to the party but I’m holding out hope for a Min Min DLC announcement down the road. Add me to the list please

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Calling ALL Ramen bombers. This is all hands on deck! I repeat: ALL HANDS ON DECK! ASSEMBLE!

Min-Min will take on Twintelle this weekend. We'll need every able noodle online this weekend grabbing points for the kung-fu ramen fighter this weekend. This will be the toughest fight yet.

EDIT: Wow! WE DID IT! Min Min's fans really came out the last three days. Min Min took it over Twintelle 57% to 43%. We're heading to Grand Finals guys and girls! We'll probably be up against Ninjara (unless Mechanica pulls off a huge upset) so be ready. He defeated us in a Party Crash back in 2017 and he's been cleaning up the other side of this bracket. Gonna need all the Min Min fans to show up for grands to turn the tables on the grand finale party crash!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello, folks.

Due to the fact that I'm gonna be leaving the site, this thread is not gonna have an owner.

That is why I'm wondering if one of you would like to take over.

If y'all are interested, please let me know.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
This is it everyone!! The FINAL BATTLE!!!!

This event takes place THIS WEEKEND (Friday-Sunday I think). That's starting tomorrow (Friday) as of this post)

Ramen Bombers, we've done well taking our warrior this far. One more win, and Min Min will be champion. This effort will take everyone's contribution to pull off the win. Ninjara is a super formidable foe, and immensely popular in Japan. This is E3 week, and Splatfest is taking place on Friday (tomorrow) too, so many will be distracted. Don't be one of 'em Min Min fans. We need everyone online starting tomorrow (Friday 6-14).

Let's take our Ramen Champion to the top!

Hello, folks.

Due to the fact that I'm gonna be leaving the site, this thread is not gonna have an owner.

That is why I'm wondering if one of you would like to take over.

If y'all are interested, please let me know.
Aww, wish you could've stayed at least until this tournament was over. Farewell, friend. :(

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aww, wish you could've stayed at least until this tournament was over. Farewell, friend. :(
Actually that was a while ago,

Just ended up taking a breather

So no worries, I'm here once agagin

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Min Min is my second favorite Arms character after Lola Pop, but I think it's probably best if we have Spring Man as the main Arms rep with other characters as alts, like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings or the four Dragon Quest heroes. So I'd say Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and... Springtron, I guess, with two color variations each.

(It hurts not being able to include Lola Pop, but those hips most certainly do not lie and she'd probably need a different rig. Ditto Twintelle because her "arms" are on her head.)

Icana

Smash Apprentice
WE DID IIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!

Min Min wins 53%-47%.

Vengeance for a previous party crash has been served. Thanks to all the Min Min players who came out in droves to drive up the points. I myself got a personal record V108. Saw someone's stream that showed a Min Min player with 300+V. 0_0

So what happens next? Well, she's the champion of Arms now. Time to pit her against Nintendo's very best! Min Min's coming to Smash! ;P lol

Anyway, it seemed the Callie vs Marie Splatfest from the first Splatoon may have had some influence on the characters roles in Splatoon 2's single player mode. Don't know that, though. There's an Arms comic book supposedly coming too, but has been in indefinite hiatus. Maybe they were waiting for these party crash results before figuring a direction to take the book? Or maybe Min Min will be the defending champion in an Arms 2 story mode?

Who knows, but I'm happy ramen fans the world over came out to show support and took Min Min to the very top. Maybe at the end of the day, this was just all for fun, and fun I did have. I hope you guys did too! Regardless, I'm looking forward to more Min Min content in the future, however that comes.

Once again, GREAT JOB everyone. Long reign the Ramen Bomber!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
OH DANG...

SHE ACTUALLY WON!

Don't think it really means anything for her Smash chances, but it's nice to see some appreciation for our Ramen Bomber

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm just eagerly hoping for a new illustration.

The 2D promotional art just warms my heart, so getting just 1 more would be the icing on the cake after landing that W.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
ARMS recently had a tournament called the Party Crash Bash where you pick one of two characters to support and support the character by winning matches in ARMS and the character who got more points got to move onto the next round and Nintendo said the winning character would be crowned ULTIMATE champion.

Also the Fighter's Pass needs a Nintendo character, a female character and a Switch era representative and Min Min fits all three of these bills.

It would be weird having her playable instead of Spring Man since he's the main character of ARMS but Min Min is still a lot more popular than him and he can join Smash 6.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Add me to support. Min Min has silently actually been one of my most wants, Twintelle comes 2nd. I'm not on the Springman bandwagon.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm just eagerly hoping for a new illustration.

The 2D promotional art just warms my heart, so getting just 1 more would be the icing on the cake after landing that W.

I forgot to post Min Min's victory artwork when it was released. Here it is:
Also, now that it has been announced that fighters beyond Fighter Pass 1 are in development, I'm curious if spirits/assists can potentially be upgraded to playable. Cross fingers a Smash invitation was waiting at the end of that Crash Bash tournament.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As the guy running the combined ARMS thread, I'll put my support into the individual ones.

Min Min is the one of the ARMS cast that has the most going for her IMO.

Top Bottom