• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Time really does slow to a crawl when you're waiting for something. At least work has kept me busy lately so it sorta balances out.

What are your plans for when Min Min comes out? I've more or less done something like this with every DLC character:

1. Check out tips & tricks and the video guides for any neat little things to test out.
2. Try out the character and new stage in training mode (+ patch changes for other characters)
3. Clear the new Classic mode route.
4. Complete the new Spirit board and test out the new Legend ability.
5. Do a few matches against CPU and then take the character online.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm really hoping that Min Min's inclusion in Smash gives ARMS the boost in popularity it needs to become a more prominent series for Nintendo. The potential is definitely there if they ever decide to make a sequel.
Should a sequel happen, Nintendo needs to focus on adding more content. Particularly adding a more substantial story mode, perhaps even comparing to what we get in Splatoon. One that has unique enemies and bosses as well.

Perhaps even adding in more unique Arms, not those used by fighters but just unique Arms to allow for more variety overall. As well as maybe perhaps applying buffs (used only for the story for balancing reasons)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Time really does slow to a crawl when you're waiting for something. At least work has kept me busy lately so it sorta balances out.

What are your plans for when Min Min comes out? I've more or less done something like this with every DLC character:

1. Check out tips & tricks and the video guides for any neat little things to test out.
2. Try out the character and new stage in training mode (+ patch changes for other characters)
Same plans here.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

the same thing i always do with any DLC fighter
1. Try out the character in training.
2. Clear the new Classic mode Route
3. Complete the new Spirit Board.
4. Maybe upgrade their new spirits on WoL while playing as the new character.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Only 4 days left until the store opens, that was fast.

Well, here's some more art.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I like to figure out how I like to play the character for my own, so I don't check much from others for a while. I do eventually get curious how others are playing them tho.

I rarely do much else than just get adjusted, play the cpu, and then online if I feel like it, which i definitely will this time. It's just I dont like the delay from online :/ But gotta go for it to have fun against others right now.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

First thing I do is clear their classic mode. Gives me a feel for the character as well as not worrying about how good or badly I'm playing.

Then I'll probably go through a few CPUs in regular Smash mode, or go to Training if they are more complex, to start slowly learning more about the character. After I get a feel for the character (assuming I actually like playing as them) then I'll start taking them more seriously and try to start learning about any possible combos/set-ups for more higher level play.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'll probably play through Classic Mode, play through the spirit board, and then try out a few matches against the CPU. My experience with online play has been rough (I played 200 matches, enough to complete all of the challenges, and in that time, I think I won 20 of them at most, with the rest being one-sided beatdowns from what I recall, though maybe all of the negative examples stick out more in my mind), so I'm not going to go back to that.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

I generally jump straight into doing CPU matches, but seeing how Min Min is I plan to go to Training first this time to test things out. After a few matches, I'll probably either do her Classic mode route or the Spirit board. And then just play a few online matches, hoping I don't get too much lag, lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Min Min is definitely a pretty advanced character that'll probably take some getting used to, so I'l probably mess around in training for a good long while til I get the hang of her. I'll probably play a couple CPU matches afterwards, go straight into classic mode, then attempt the spirit board. May play some online matches too idk. I'm sure I'll probably join an Arena with some friends.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Trying her out in training for a bit is probably what I will do. I mainly have Smash itself so I can play with friends, but that is kinda hard given current circumstances.

Anyway, more art.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
When Min Min drops, I wonder if anyone would be willing to check to see the following:
1. What was done with her Spirit (Renamed? Gone altogether? Replaced?)
2. Since her Spirit is on the first map in WoL, what was done with that (replaced with Awakening, or?)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
When Min Min drops, I wonder if anyone would be willing to check to see the following:
2. Since her Spirit is on the first map in WoL, what was done with that (replaced with Awakening, or?)
This is someone i'll have to keep in mind to check.

amageish

Smash Master

The usual things - classic mode, spirit board, etc. I also really want to see if I can remap the controls in a way to make her play with the thumbs-up grip without it being a completely terrible experience... I doubt it'll work, but it's worth trying!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I would assume they'd just put her in the Spirit battle, if they're doing the same with the Miis then I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with full characters. I mean who better represents spirits than the character themselves?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

First thing I do is go into a match with a random CPU (level 7) to get a first impression. Normally that is enough for me to start getting used to the weight, speed and moveset.
With Min Min I'm highly considering going into training room after that to actually lab the character, since she's very unique and there are a lot of behaviors I want to test. With other characters it's fairly straightforward and I can discover things within CPU matches, but this time I want to study the character a lot more in-depth.

Then I'll probably go through the same training regimen I did with the other "distance demon", Byleth: start with one level 9 CPU Pikachu and learn to deal with fast, close range characters. Then move on to random level 9 CPU to see if there are other characters that can give me trouble: when I find a character I lose to I keep redoing that match-up to figure it out.
As an aside, I'm also wondering how viable it is to do a no-Arms challenge for Min Min where you can only attack with kicks. I might test that out for the fun of it.

After that comes playing against actual people offline, and watch other people use the character on twitch or youtube to see if they've discovered things I haven't. In general I love figuring out a character on my own instead of following suggestions from top players, but at a certain point I need to watch other players using the character since at the moment I have a very limited pool of people to play with. I'm sure GimR will also come forward with nutty lab results, looking forward to those.

Then hopefully covid cools down eventually and I can resume going to weeklies and tourneys to test myself even further.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, crazy idea incoming: If Min Min is equipped with her own Spirit, she'll get some sort of extra buff since she's using herself.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles

Lab the ever-living ARMS outta her, run through her Classic Mode, play against every CPU fighter, then test her out against some friends online.

Simon was my go-to zoner secondary, but Min Min's range puts the Belmonts to shame and beyond and has a much better recovery and overall frame data to boot; I'm super excited to try her out :D

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay, crazy idea incoming: If Min Min is equipped with her own Spirit, she'll get some sort of extra buff since she's using herself.
Assuming that it's an option (and I don't see why it wouldn't be, given that Mario, K. Rool, and Samus can equip different versions of themselves as spirits), she'd already get a bonus, since equipping a character with a spirit from the same series boosts its stats.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping that Min Min's inclusion in Smash gives ARMS the boost in popularity it needs to become a more prominent series for Nintendo. The potential is definitely there if they ever decide to make a sequel.
I agree, but speaking as someone who hasn't played ARMS but has heard what people have said about it, I think it might need some more gameplay features or style to make it really soar. I love Splatoon and Splatoon as a series exploded due to its' wealth of engaging gameplay mechanics and modes, and the raw style it oozed. By comparison, ARMS just looks a little bit more bare bones imo. I've heard the battles can drag on and aren't always super fun and engaging to do again and again (But that does come down to personal opinion). I also saw a lot of people mention that we barely get to learn about the actual ARMS fighters, with the grand prix barely acting as a story mode. I think those two things alone would make a potential ARMS 2 something that might really appeal to me: something to spice up gameplay, and proper story modes for each character complete with cutscenes, explaining who they are, they're stake in winning the ARMS league, if they're good or bad, who their enemies are, a proper end sequence where we see what happens when the characters beat the champion and where they end up, etc., with cutscenes between characters and maybe even voice acting if the devs were so inclined. If those things happened, I may very well be all in on ARMS. The only other big thing I want to mention is the grind of unlocking all the arms from other characters for everyone. You can only do that in one mode, and you can get useless duplicates? Hard pass. In ARMS 2 I hope they make unlocking ARMS more like Smash Ultimate character unlocks where there's multiple ways to do it, you'll be getting other ARMS somewhat quickly, and no dupes for the characters.

Honestly, I'd probably have to play ARMS to tell you what I might want to add to gameplay, although I was watching some ARMS gameplay the other day when I considered that, as a 3D fighter, ARMS probably would lend itself well to the arena switching mechanic some 3D fighter utilize. Having stages where a strong attack towards the right wall could launch your opponent into a totally different place for additional damage, and then having your character join them to fight in new side areas of some stages would be a cool way to add some style, stakes, and sass to the game if the alternate arenas were cool. They'd be stinging to be hit into, but so satisfying to personally pull off. Like, Imagine in Ramen Bowl if a heavy ARM hit or a rush attack could launch the opponent into the noodle restaurant, where the combatants just keep fighting inside the restaurant in a new arena layout.

Krankees

Smash Ace

I'm gonna study her like crazy because I want know how to both play as and against her. I don't know about you guys but Luigi vs Min Min does not sound like a good matchup.

Last edited:

Sniper Maxter

Smash Cadet
I honestly cannot tell what seems wrong in this screenshot.

Is it the way Spring Man looks?
You know how every character has their own signature logo in ARMS? The bottom one isn't Spring Man's. You can see the correct one at the top of the billboard.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, will you try to get Min Min on Elite Smash?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, how well do you think MinMin would do competitively?
Hmm...that's a loaded question.

Min Min's got some absolutely vicious range for how fast they appear to come out when compared to the Belmonts'. Additionally, the ability to swap ARMS on the fly gives her an extreme level of versatility. Not to mention, the fact that she can attack both sides of her and can simultaneously use 2 jabs/tilts/smashes gives her a level of pressure unseen on anyone else.

But on the other hand, the arm attacks don't cover the entire limb, meaning dodging attacks would spell doom for her, and I'm not sure if it's me, but she seems pretty lightweight when looking at the match Sakurai had with her against Falcon and Kirby, meaning she'd be pretty easy to kill early on.

So overall, I'd say mid-high tier or something. She seems really powerful, but probably not to Sm4sh Bayo levels of broken.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My guess is she'll have some good match ups and then some bad matchups. So. Maybe not a great solo character, dunno. We really can't know without playying her tho :p

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Based off of what we know she could be top of mid-tier to bottom of high tier. Hard to say for sure without playing her yet.

She's got some tools for combos and juggling, if she's got a good dthrow to set-up into nairs, uairs, utilts...and a reliable kill set up she could have the potential to scrape just below top tier. But she'll definitely struggle against the other top tiers.

Even still after her release it'll be super early before anyone can unlock her potential, and she appears to be quite a complex character.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Even still after her release it'll be super early before anyone can unlock her potential, and she appears to be quite a complex character.
Agreed. That complexity can make her as scarce as Ryu or as favored as Terry.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I imagine we'll have a repeat of the Belmonts; Everyone complains that they're too strong and has too much range until they realize she falls apart when you get in her face. Still, I'd say she'll be a bit better because of the versatility brought on by the two buttons system and the ARMS changing.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Do we know roughly when Min Min will be released? I know it's on the 29th, but do we know what time?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...that's a loaded question.

Min Min's got some absolutely vicious range for how fast they appear to come out when compared to the Belmonts'. Additionally, the ability to swap ARMS on the fly gives her an extreme level of versatility. Not to mention, the fact that she can attack both sides of her and can simultaneously use 2 jabs/tilts/smashes gives her a level of pressure unseen on anyone else.

But on the other hand, the arm attacks don't cover the entire limb, meaning dodging attacks would spell doom for her, and I'm not sure if it's me, but she seems pretty lightweight when looking at the match Sakurai had with her against Falcon and Kirby, meaning she'd be pretty easy to kill early on.

So overall, I'd say mid-high tier or something. She seems really powerful, but probably not to Sm4sh Bayo levels of broken.
I'd hope for her sake she never got to Bayo-tier. It would suck if she was the subject of hatred/ire of casual and competitive players alike

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm curious how good up-b will be to get out of sticky situation. I'm sure it's not as good as game and watch's, but yeah I wonder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom