• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm fairly certain Spring Man and/or Ninjara will be a shoo-in for the next game. It's the rest that I have a slight concern for, as historically the Smash fanbase tends towards rallying behind only one specific character rather than spreading out evenly.
I think a lot of people are under the impression that the next game might not have a lot of characters compared to this one.
I guess it depends what they decide to do. They could technically not have to reinvent the wheel so much, and just upgrade ultimate.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They could technically not have to reinvent the wheel so much, and just upgrade ultimate.
That's what I would prefer. Never make a new Smash game again just keep porting Ultimate to every Nintendo console until the end of time and just keep on adding characters until we get to a 1000 lmao!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think a lot of people are under the impression that the next game might not have a lot of characters compared to this one.
I guess it depends what they decide to do. They could technically not have to reinvent the wheel so much, and just upgrade ultimate.
We just don't know what'll happen, that's all. I'd rather not fixate on that since we won't hear of anything for years.

To clarify, I'm saying that even without this context, ARMS still has a big cast by Smash standards, so not everyone from there would be an easy guarantee, at least for the time being. I mean, the Mario cast gets up to three newcomers included at the maximum per Smash installment at best, so imagine ARMS.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We just don't know what'll happen, that's all. I'd rather not fixate on that since we won't hear of anything for years.

To clarify, I'm saying that even without this context, ARMS still has a big cast by Smash standards, so not everyone from there would be an easy guarantee, at least for the time being. I mean, the Mario cast gets up to three newcomers included at the maximum per Smash installment at best, so imagine ARMS.
I'm not sure I understand. You can hope that they add more in the next game, and yeah who knows really, it's just from what sakurai said, if there really isn't another smash game with as many characters, the odds might be low to even get back one.

Kirby is a much more popular franchise than Arms, and they didn't even add any characters for it this time around. (which kinda sucks, i like kirby :p)

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious if that low kick from Min Min's kick jab will be able to trip the opponent and put them in a sit down position. That could make for a potential frame trap for a grab or even a charged Mega Watt smash!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not sure I understand. You can hope that they add more in the next game, and yeah who knows really, it's just from what sakurai said, if there really isn't another smash game with as many characters, the odds might be low to even get back one.

Kirby is a much more popular franchise than Arms, and they didn't even add any characters for it this time around. (which kinda sucks, i like kirby :p)
Not yet anyway. Sak is just in his comfort zone. Heck, it sounded like Sak didn't even play ARMS yet before the latest reveal happened (if i'm not mistaken), so it's likely he hasn't seen much from Kirby games he hadn't had any involvement with.

I'm just saying, don't set up expectations that are too high or too low, just don't think about the next game until it's announced. I'll just forget about it once DLC wraps up anyway.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I see a lot of people saying Min Min was only added because Yabuki wanted her, Sakurai literally said he was also considering Min Min AS WELL AS Ninjara.

Just imagine though,

Sakurai: "Which character are you thinking? I'm kinda leaning towards Min Min and Ninjara, myself"

Yabuki: "I want Min Min"

Sakurai: "Ok, I'll go with Ninjara then"

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not yet anyway. Sak is just in his comfort zone. Heck, it sounded like Sak didn't even play ARMS yet before the latest reveal happened (if i'm not mistaken), so it's likely he hasn't seen much from Kirby games he hadn't had any involvement with.

I'm just saying, don't set up expectations that are too high or too low, just don't think about the next game until it's announced. I'll just forget about it once DLC wraps up anyway.
We'll see, anything's possible.
But I definitely think Sakurai would have kept up with kirby, it was his baby before XD (not to mention all the votes that bandana dee and Adelaine must've gotten in the polls.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We'll see, anything's possible.
But I definitely think Sakurai would have kept up with kirby, it was his baby before XD (not to mention all the votes that bandana dee and Adelaine must've gotten in the polls.)
Kid Icarus hasn't gotten anything this time either, so he's restraining on stuff he's been involved with.

Can we just go back to talking about noodles, please?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Kid Icarus hasn't gotten anything this time either, so he's restraining on stuff he's been involved with.

Can we just go back to talking about noodles, please?
Yeah, let's go back to Min Min.

Does anyone here think Min Min will have a z-air? And if so, how good do you guys think it'll be?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, all the art being made really highlights how great Min Min's design is. All of the ARMS character designs are great, but Min Min is a standout in many ways. It really inspires a ton of great work.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

GolisoPower

Smash Master
On that note, even one of the artists I follow drew her.

Why is it that when I see Crash's eye shining like a star while eating the ramen, I'm instantly reminded of the scene in Dragon Ball Super where Whis tries instant ramen for the first time? Not to complain, or anything, this is amazing artwork.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
For your approval!

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
I just want a port and them to treat it like how Microsoft seems to want to treat their next xbox, the same game but with upgrades. The roster is too good. Also now that ARMS is already in I hope if another is added its someone unique and vivid looking like Minmin. Like Helix: green slime with weird evading, an ice dragon and a shield arm

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I still think it's a bit odd that her accompanying stage is Spring Stadium and not Ramen Bowl, but I can somewhat understand since it's the most recognizable arena from ARMS.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still think it's a bit odd that her accompanying stage is Spring Stadium and not Ramen Bowl, but I can somewhat understand since it's the most recognizable arena from ARMS.
Spring Stadium seems more of a general Arms stage as opposed to just being Spring Man's home stage, plus Ramen Bowl would likely be a horrible stage for Min Min considering her horizontally based playstyle and how the Ramen Bowl is, well a bowl. If Min Min's at the bottom of the bowl she could be camped out quite easily by much of the cast.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
One thing I will say is that at least it looks like Spring Stadium has the potential to be ok with hazards off. Really hoping that it has the possibility of being a legal stage, it will be great if we get Arms music in tournaments from it to diversify the combo of Pokemon and Animal Crossing stages.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
One thing I will say is that at least it looks like Spring Stadium has the potential to be ok with hazards off. Really hoping that it has the possibility of being a legal stage, it will be great if we get Arms music in tournaments from it to diversify the combo of Pokemon and Animal Crossing stages.
Yeah, I was gonna say. If the hazard toggle turns off the springs, then the ceilings probably won't be an issue because they'd be too high for caves of life, and the boundaries seem pretty small to me, making it within boundaries of legality. This stage might be more competitive-friendly than friggin' Yggdrasil's Altar or something!

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, I was gonna say. If the hazard toggle turns off the springs, then the ceilings probably won't be an issue because they'd be too high for caves of life, and the boundaries seem pretty small to me, making it within boundaries of legality. This stage might be more competitive-friendly than friggin' Yggdrasil's Altar or something!
Can you stand on the ceilings, is the question.

At least on hazards on I've also noticed that trampolines can also appear just below the ledges.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's good they picked an 'iconic' arms stage. Maybe makes it feel like it comes in representing arms in general and not just her.
I'm just happy she's in really :p the stage didnt really come to my mind too much.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think the ceiling arches makes it competitively illegal. Seen some analysis from pro players and they recon even with hazards off, the ceiling makes it a banned stage.

It might because it'll cause some players to live a lot longer than they usually would, and it's hard to determine the precise tragectory especially when you factor in DI.

Even still Battlefield and FD versions still exist so we can still hear some Arms tunes during tournament matches!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think the ceiling arches makes it competitively illegal. Seen some analysis from pro players and they recon even with hazards off, the ceiling makes it a banned stage.

It might because it'll cause some players to live a lot longer than they usually would, and it's hard to determine the precise tragectory especially when you factor in DI.

Even still Battlefield and FD versions till exist so we can still hear some Arms tunes during tournament matches!
But as I'd mentioned before, the ceilings look a little too high for most caves of life imo. Even if they do exist there, it's absolutely situational, either requiring characters with either high-knockback moves or extreme aerial mobility to exploit.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
For me I'm more curious if the ceilings get removed when hazards are off. I think that would be my condition for it to be a neutral tournament stage.

Otherwise, with ceilings I would expect at best a counterpick. But if so it will probably be one of those controversial ones; I could see it being fun picking it against Snake to cut-off high recoveries, for example.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But as I'd mentioned before, the ceilings look a little too high for most caves of life imo. Even if they do exist there, it's absolutely situational, either requiring characters with either high-knockback moves or extreme aerial mobility to exploit.
Well I'm just going off of what pro players were saying. To me the stage with hazards off looks playable in a competitive environment, but it could suffer similarly to other stages that cause players to live an excessively long time. Which is one of the main reasons why Temple is banned because players could live way too long and cause too many time outs in matches. That is definitely something that could happen in Spring Stadium with it's ceiling arches saving people from KO's and making them last up to 300% or more.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Welll some characters may be better at ko'ing upwards than on the sides, so it could make it kind of unbalanced to some degree.

I think it's worth playing it and seeing how it is though (before banning it)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Belated congrats to all you Min Min fans! I know there are tons of you, and I'm glad you guys got to have your day too!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just love seeing her be able to throw her arms and move or jump at the same time. I really wanna try XD

soyperson

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6207-2383-9806
I'm really psyched to see how Min Min plays! From what Sakurai-san showed us, her playstyle seems very intuitive and fluid.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Feels good to see Min Min content on nearly every social site I'm on right now B)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm really hoping that Min Min's inclusion in Smash gives ARMS the boost in popularity it needs to become a more prominent series for Nintendo. The potential is definitely there if they ever decide to make a sequel.

Top Bottom