• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minor nitpick with Ultimate

Aplam

Smash Rookie
However, I have become a little upset with how they handled alternate costumes. Some characters have amazing alts (Olimar and Alph, the Koopalings, gender swap characters like WFT and Robin, characters that got different clothes like ZSS and Cloud, and others), but others are just forgotten about (Samus and her various power suits, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, Sonic and his Sonic Boom appearance, my boi Bowser and many of his different appearances, and several others). It’s especially frustrating because some characters wouldn’t be difficult to make. Bowser already has a blue alt, so why not just go a little bit further and turn that skin into a Dark Bowser alt?

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
Personally, I think it's just cause it's much easier for them to make different color palettes for most of the fighters than making a new model. Alph was planned to be his own character but they scrapped him and used what was left for an alternate costume. Characters like Bowser Jr who have the koopalings and genderswap characters are like that because its accurate to their mainline games. For alt costumes like dark bowser though, I have no idea.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I just want toon link to have his PJs since brawl :/ BC once you beat windwake you go PJs & never go back

Dr. Edgeworth

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6422-2780-9325
Personally, I think it's just cause it's much easier for them to make different color palettes for most of the fighters than making a new model. Alph was planned to be his own character but they scrapped him and used what was left for an alternate costume. Characters like Bowser Jr who have the koopalings and genderswap characters are like that because its accurate to their mainline games. For alt costumes like dark bowser though, I have no idea.
^ this

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
I'll never understand why they didn't give Zelda a botw skin, like hello? Nintendo??

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It also seems awkward that everyone is restricted to having only 8 palettes, and some of the most notable palettes got the boot. Where's Fire Mario? Whatever happened to Little Mac's diverse palette options?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'll never understand why they didn't give Zelda a botw skin, like hello? Nintendo??
From what I understand Sakurai/Nintendo thought BOTW Zelda was less apt for battle than OOT, TP, and LTTP/LBW Zelda. Which is weird to me because she seemed the most apt for battle, considering she wears more hardy clothing for a majority of the game.

One could argue that they wanted to represent Zelda characters from multiple generations, with BOTW Link, OOT Ganon, MM Young Link (which I think was a cop out tbh), and WW Toon Link.

I honestly think they didn't want to have to animate her legs, considering she's been designed with them hidden behind her dress for the past 4 Smash games.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I miss Meat Grinder Robot

Though I would be content too if they just saved this look for one of his victory poses.

Top Bottom