• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minnesota Thread

Bayless

Smash Cadet
It's about damn time we get this going.

I KNOW there are some good smashers in Minnesota. What's up?

Also, join the Minnesota Smash Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/540421182680998/
While you're at it, join the MN Smash Forum: http://z6.invisionfree.com/MNSmash/index.php?

Also check out our first official Tournament, happening August 10th in St. Cloud/St. Joe!
Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/201737356649321/
Smashboards Link: http://smashboards.com/threads/ware...t-joseph-mn-privately-owned-warehouse.337846/

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Yeah but there's never been a thread where Minnesota has ever ACTUALLY communicated with each other lol.

Also, when you come to the tourney, I'll show you how much more real Sartell is than Minneapolis. ;]

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Yeah but there's never been a thread where Minnesota has ever ACTUALLY communicated with each other lol.

Also, when you come to the tourney, I'll show you how much more real Sartell is than Minneapolis. ;]

Dude, St. Cloud got disowned. Sartell isn't a real place.

Lolol who edits a post for font color

Hey, that's great. Brooklyn Park at the local "Games N Go" store has people come out and play around ~6-ish on Wednesday or so inside the store itself. I only went there once, but there was about 3-4 people that day. I know others from Minnesota will go there too. Something to look into for you. I am like on the complete opposite side of the twin cities though lol

Oh, but I am not sure if they play brawl at all. The only set-up they had that day when I went was melee.

KratosG

Smash Rookie
Do they do that every wednesday? Because if so, that could be really awesome.

Melee's my game, anyway, so that works. Thanks for responding!

kvothe_thebloodless

Smash Rookie
Bump? Are there any tourneys/regularly scheduled get togethers for Melee going on over winter break? Preferably around the twin cities, or somewhere under ~ 45 miles from the western suburbs?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
im currently in Hopkins, MN for the night and was wondering if anyone wants to play some PM or Melee with me. I cant do anything for work until tomorrow morning.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Sup Minnesota thread. I'm over in Baldwin, WI, but it's literally like half an hour from Minneapolis, so I sorta get both lol. Any eastern minnesota/twin cities region players out there?

MrRobit

Smash Rookie
I live in Fridley and I am seeking other people to play and train with. I also have a job that has me ending my work day in the northwest section of 94 like st cloud, sartell so hit me up email me please or pm me on this deal. Email is mrrowbit@gmail.com I'll give ya my cell in da emails

Last edited:

eMeFDee

Smash Rookie
Thought I'd give this thread some love. I'm in Uptown Minneapolis, and maybe I'd drive up to a half hour for a meetup. I am currently dating SSB64, but I play Melee and Brawl as well.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Thought I'd give this thread some love. I'm in Uptown Minneapolis, and maybe I'd drive up to a half hour for a meetup. I am currently dating SSB64, but I play Melee and Brawl as well.
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MNSmash/index/ <-- there's typically a few people in the xat chat at the bottom during any given time frame. Significant tournaments are posted about, but a lot of random smash meet-ups don't get any significant threads.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/MNSmash/ <-- facebook is facebook.

Looking forward to playing you, man! :) I would really like to play SSB64 (but I don't think I have any skill in it.) It's got minimal but some interest in MN, and I have a feeling that once it gets ignited, it will be consistently played here.
=====================
Seeing people post about getting into the Smash community but not knowing where to go because of the dysfunction of our Smashboards system is painful.

It will be my ambition to keep this thread alive for Minnesotans.

Last edited:

amyjustice12

Smash Rookie
How was the experience of smash event on Facebook? It's really bad to say that i missed that event but I'll definitely join the next one.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
OMG. This thread now officially transcends the WI thread because I has here.

Any tourneys happening over the summer? I can't access facebook at work and this is where I do my posting. If nothing is going on, or there's no big GnG tourneys going on this summer, we should make something happen. I know there's a bar that cators to gamers called Arcadia, maybe it would make a good venue now that us veterans are all grown ups fufufufufufufufufu.

FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU bump it REAL GOOD.

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
Depending on what day of the week Eau Claire Suck at Smash will be, I'd be willing to drive people. Probably not the right place to post this, but I don't feel bad because my other SB account with ~150 posts got deleted. I deserve better than this!!

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I already dislike this guy and I do not even know you.
Hey likewise guy! Moderators and broomers are baddies =(. Let's meet in real life and I'll most likely think you're a cool dude. Now for some things about me...

I like hot, interracial sex. My fiancee is American Indian, and is against the name of the "Redskins". My babies have more personality than Matt Deezy. And if you don't know who Matt Deezy is, you should get to know people.

p.s. é.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Details????
City: Fargo, ND
Location: West Acres Mall, Community Room - Basement next to big Nicks
Time: Registration opens at 12pm Tourney starts at 2pm
Fee: Free
Prizes: Top 3 spots, as well as Door Prizes
Rules:
BYOC
Best 2/3
Finals Best 3/5
Double Elimination
All Upper Bracket matches will be recorded and uploaded to our youtube channel
Video: http://youtu.be/KiBYm9O1i6E
FB
Page: www.facebook.com/ironboots.3

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Advertisement and bump:

There are going to be midnight release fests/ at a few locations in MN for SSB3DS, and the U of M is going to start hosting casuals and tournaments on the regular.

Please visit our facebook page for more info, and understand that Minnesota is actually quite active. We don't post on Smashboards very much.

Some useful links:
Facebook Group (main discussion forum): www.facebook.com/groups/MNSmash/
Smash 4 Tournament: www.facebook.com/events/523801321084151/
64/Melee /P:M Tournament (three separate events): www.facebook.com/events/1461430454138215/
U of M Smashfest: www.facebook.com/events/1447824792104792/

Tournaments and events happen all across the state, from Southern MN to St. Cloud to Duluth to Moorhead/Fargo. We have several tournaments every month in the twin cities alone and a few weekly or biweeklies ongoing alongside the upcoming U of M regular events.

Top Bottom