• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mink's Matchup Thread

Noobicidal

Smash Master
btw guys, this diddy kong has been telling me for the past semester or two that my jigglypuff is ****, and if he picked up a low tier he could be ranked as the best too.
Yeah, I could totally see why he would think that way.

By no means will I agree with him
in front of you

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I don't understand why you are in these boards.

All you do is bash man.
That's all you do.
you're not supportive, all you do is pop in and say your 3 words of *******-ness
and then dissapear. And then when i come and try and actually do something all you do is **** on me.
It's starting to get old.

As much as you think it's awesome and super fun being a ****, i posted that for some support.
Like, 4 days ago when i wished you luck on that job thing was my attempt at actually showing some kindness towards you, even though all i get is ****.

But it didn't work obviously.

*sigh*
And now my rage is gone.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I don't "bash". I look at things objectively without any restraint. By all means, prove me wrong, beat that kid, place well, and shove it in my face for days on end. I want to be completely wrong about you.

If you'd rather have me just appear to have a facade of general happiness and respect towards all
four
of the Puff residents, then I'll gladly wear that mask for you.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Link's recovery is like really really goood, it takes forever to kill him because of that. That said:

70:30 link's favour.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Its fun for link because he can play defensive and mess around with full hop bomb tricksies the whole match. Jiggz is forced to approach until she gets a lead and will have to predict which of several tricks the link player is using before landing effective hits. It's pretty even if the link player IS ACTUALLY SKILLED like X for example. Links who make no use of bombs will get ***** however... 50-50, 55-45..idk its pretty close.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Well I have yet to play any Jigglypuffs offline so can't really say yet XD I have some decent connections with like GeneralWoodman and Dapuffster. The rest were inconsistent connections. But from what I seen Link basically just needs to zone Jiggs out from approaching with all his long and mid ranged attacks while not getting gimped offstage (the usual for Links). It doesn't seem too good for Jigglypuff or too bad. So ratio should be around even.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Link shouldn't focus on spamming her. A good Link will be bomb ****s and full hop some aerials, Fair. Link must focus on his anti aerial approach options since no real jiggs will ground approach. Throwing bombs up is good air traffic and control. Utilt is broken for this matchup. I never played any good jiggs but it is pretty similar to how it was in Melee minus the ridiculous combos and shield pressure that made the matchup so hard to begin with. Jiggs still has Edgegaurding and a few other things going for her but the lost of those two major advantages downgraded the matchup to become pretty much even. This is just my opinion though.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I feel like it's very easy for jigglypuf to get in on link. We can shield grab most of your moves, and a good jigglypuff knows when to SH approach or FH approach. IT's not too hard to get into link. Even IT your bombs make it better.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me some tips against the following characters: Samus, DK, Wario and Pikachu.
I need to know some important things in order to do better against them.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Scabe has quite some Jigglypuff experience so watch out..

And @ LzR:

DK: Get up in his face. He has better range so you have to. Get him to the air as much as you can, because Jiggs wins there. DK's bair can be a nuisance, but you can still beat him. You have a much overall better air game; DK's other aerials aren't difficult like bair. Be very wary of his dsmash, which comes out pretty fast. Remember the range and be defensive if you think he can hit you. Especially be careful with pound at high percents, as he can punish that oos with dsmash. Really though, against a good dk you need to not let them out zone you or you will be screwed. You also need to get agressive with kills (well I suppose you should with any MU) because DK can live very long with his weight + momentum cancel. I could be wrong about this, but iirc DK's shield is easy to poke, so Pound and Rollout are more useful. Rollout can be pretty useful for punishing any ending lag he gets, if you like to use it anways.

As for Pikachu and Samus, I haven't really played either, though you should ask KillerJawz about the latter, since he is experienced in that MU.

With Wario, there really isn't much to be said that wasn't in the MU thread. Fight him in the aerial x-axis as much as you can.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Pikachu, Dair / Bair and rising pound work well.

You can nair thundershocks.
Don't airdodge immediuately after being Utilt/Usmashed

DK, don't do it.

Wario, bait his moves, and do the same thing he does.

Samus, i have a write up. It's a hard match, but you have to get in on them. Fairs work well, OOS up B is obnoxious. What are you have problems with?

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
For DK i like to bait his ftilt by standing just inside his range and boost pivot grabbing it. From there you can also dart in with dairs and his shield is so bad itll usually poke and at 100% rest will kill.

When pikachu gets all fancy with his QACs just nair toward him to beat it every time.

I thought we like just did a wario discussion 2 weeks ago lol.

And idk about samus.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ughh, I hate fighting all those characters you mentioned.

DK, I'm not using Jiggs against DK ever again, I'm just going Diddy, I was going to win the set against Will's DK and on match 3 I cp'd with RC and Jiggs and I lost pretty badly because of it.

Wario went Jiggly the entire set against some guy's Wario and got knocked out of Pound 4's final bracket because of it, also got *******d by Zebra's Wario online. I use Diddy for this matchup as well.

I freaking hate Samus, that blasted OoS Up B and her Z air are incredibly annoying, I almost lost to some person's samus in a low tier tournament. Even Diddy has a hard time with this matchup because of Samus' weird tripping animation. She makes me rage.

and Pikachu I don't really know, I've never really encountered one before.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Well I guess I have played a Pikachu once, the only thing I can remember though is to cancel out thunderbolts with aerials and always be on the lookout for a thunder, especially when sent high to the air. Don't use your airdodge until they thunder, and sometimes drifting away isn't necessarily safe as they have some QAC mindgames to switch positions quickly. Also learn to SDI his dsmash; it's pretty easy to do so.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Best thing i've found for DIng Dsmash, is to spam up on Cstick, point up and in a direction on joystick.
Yeah that helps alot. Thats more of a generalization for all characters to fight against Pikachu though. I've fought Pikachu before, but not enough tournament matches against him to understand the matchup.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Jigglypuff actually has a hard time getting out of it IMO. I have an easy time when i play ZSS, but playing jigglypuff i have a hard time getting out of Dsmash.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Best thing i've found for DIng Dsmash, is to spam up on Cstick, point up and in a direction on joystick.
Not sure if this has been stated... but this is also how to DI out of Zelda's forward and up smash. At least it works for me.

Top Bottom