• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MINI-WWYP] The Hill of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
^_^ I hope all of you enjoy this, and I will be happy to send the song to anyone who wants it.
The information about the song "On Your Mark" can be found at the end of this post.

-------The Hill of Dreams, by OnYourMark-------​

It was a day of gloom in the big city. Cold chills made fog on the windows of the towering buildings. The cars passed through the crowded streets; yellow taxis honked their horns. The people on the sidewalks scurried to and fro. This disquiet was endless. It was early in the evening, and a light drizzle had started.

Many things of worth in this city went without notice or gratitude, because no matter how great of events they were, life continued on in this city unchanged, as it always has for many years.

A small child sat on the wet sidewalk. She was about twelve years old, and near to her heart she held a small white teddy bear. Her clothes were threadbare and stained, and her eyes were filled with sorrow.

A man in a business suit approached the girl and asked, “What would you like for Christmas, little girl?”

The girl slowly answered, “Don’t you want to know my name first? I am Aurora.”

“Hello, Aurora. My name is Mark,” the man said. “Tell me now: what do you wish for?”

“More than anything, I’d like a bicycle—I would really love to ride on a bicycle!—but it is impossible.” Aurora said while she delved into the memories of her past.

Aurora had never met her father, and her mother died when she was ten. Her mind traveled back to the day of her mother’s passing. “Aurora, someday, when your legs are healed, I will teach you how to ride a bicycle,” her mother said. Aurora laughed, “We can race each other!” It was a warm and sunny day and she was sitting on her mother’s lap as they were riding through the park. The mother and daughter had much fun together, but storm clouds soon appeared overhead. “Let’s go home,” Aurora’s mother said to her. They left the park and started to cross the now wet street. “Mommy, a car’s coming,” Aurora said. But her mother could not stop the bicycle; the brakes were faulty. The car was too fast for her mother’s vain maneuvering. Aurora woke up in the hospital, but her mother was not as fortunate.

Aurora began to cry, “Why do you hurt me like this, Mr. Mark? Why do you ask me what I want when there is no hope for me?”

“There is always hope, Aurora,” Mark said, trying to comfort her, though he knew not why she despaired.

“With no dad and a dead mom,” Aurora explained to Mark, “there is no way that I can afford the surgery that I need to fix my legs.”

“You don’t need to suffer like this,” he said. “I am here for you. Did you think that I would leave you in grief with your wish unfulfilled? I will pay for your surgery and bicycle. I will teach you how to ride it. Come with me now, and see that I will not disappoint you.”

Aurora smiled. Mark picked her up and carried her home.

They went to a hospital and scheduled the operation. Eight days later, Aurora’s legs were functional.

“Thank you, Mr. Mark,” Aurora said with great happiness. “Can we go to get my bicycle now?”

But Aurora’s legs were not yet at full strength, and she would not be released from the hospital until she had wholly recovered and completed her therapy. Aurora did not give up. She spent hours learning how to walk again. When she was ready, Mark took her home.

Aurora sat on the floor, talking to and playing with her white toy bear.

“Aurora, your teddy bear is very beautiful,” Mark said. “Did your mother give it to you?”

“Actually,” she responded, “my mom said that it was a birthday present from my dad. I’ve had it since I was very young, and I’ve held it close ever since. After my mom died, I named my bear after her. Anya is always here for me, by my side, but my dad was never with me. Since my mom has been gone, this city has shown me nothing but hatred and spite. When I was out on the streets, people would toss me a few coins or hand me a burger, but in their hearts they thought that I was a sore and a nuisance; and, if they could, they would erase me from this world. During times like that, I wanted my dad to be there with me to take care of me. Even now I wish that he was here, but I’ve already used my Christmas wish, so I guess that wishing for his return is pointless.”

“You can always have hope,” Mark said. “Christmas wishes are not the only things that cause miracles to happen.”

“By the way, Mr. Mark,” Aurora said while she wiped off the tears that had started to flow down along her pale face, “what was your Christmas wish?”

“You haven’t guessed yet?” he asked. “Years ago, I was married, and my wife was pregnant, but my job called me to travel to a place on the other side of the world. Before I left, I bought my unborn child a gift. I ran into some troubles while I was on my trip, and I lost my way. When I did not return, a large search effort was initiated. No one could find me, and I had been living with some of the native people I came across. When I regained hope, about one year ago, I left the tribe and found an airstrip. I was flown home to this city and found that my wife was dead and my child was missing. My wish was to find my daughter, Aurora.”

Aurora’s eyes brightened. “Dad?” she said. She jumped out of her seat and embraced her father.

“Yes,” Mark said. “Welcome home, my daughter.”

Mark and Aurora went to the sporting goods store to pick out her bicycle. When Aurora had made her selection, Mark purchased it. Early the next morning, they went to the park. Mark had his bicycle, and Aurora now had her own. He began to instruct her and showed her how to ride.

“Keep balanced,” Mark said, “and remember that to keep from falling off, you must go faster.”

Aurora sat on her bicycle and began to pedal. Mark held her, guiding her movements. He let go. The bicycle began to wobble. Aurora became afraid and all strength left her legs. The bicycle stopped, and Aurora fell onto the ground.

“I can do this,” she said and stood to her feet, though there was a sign of distress in her voice. “I know I can.”

“Aurora,” Mark said, “I know that you are able to. I won’t give up on you. I will never quit—as long as you never quit. Now try again, and I will help you.”

She tried again, and this time, Aurora rode her bicycle perfectly. Mark ran back to his own bicycle and came up to meet her. Side by side, they rode. The sun was now rising, and all sorrow had melted away.

--------End of Story--------​

Song Information from Nausicaa.nethttp://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/oym/oym_lyrics.txt
[For your benefit, I have cut out the original Japanese lyrics]

NOTE: "Catching the flu that's going around" is correct, I have verified it
with several sources both in and out of Japan. Basically it means a new
start, a new beginning. Don't ask me why. I try to stick as closely as
possible to what is actually being said when subtitling concerts, but
unfortunately unlike a regular movie it's very hard to read a footnote
subtitle AND a song subtitles in the few seconds allotted.

ON YOUR MARK
Lyrics & Music: Ryo Aska
Arrangement: Sawachika Taisuke
Translation by Aardvark Anime Concerts

And we, with smiles on our faces, Brush the dust off of our clothes
If our hands should let go, it would not make a sound

A coin dropped, Noiselessly
Never to return

You and me, side by side
Racing the dawn on our bicycles

On Your Mark, let's go
I always seem to catch the flu that's going around

On Your Mark We'll never quit
We look up the hill of dreams, The crest in in sight

And then, In the empty spaces of our hearts
Shooting each other with a hail of words

We can't say the right thing
Like telling time, on a clock with invisible hands,
we're too young to appriciate it, much to our chagrin

On Your Mark, let's go
I always seem to catch the flu that's going around

On Your Mark We'll never quit
We look up the hill of dreams, The crest in in sight

And Then

On Your Mark, let's go
I always catch the flu that's going around

On Your Mark We can't lose this one
Because our hearts are called together as one

On Your Mark. Get, Set, Go

And Then........

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You are stealing my bit! And failing at it!

That's it, tell you're mother I'm not paying child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom