• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minecraft

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the most requested things has been added to the game

Brace yourself

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I recommend everyone who hasn't log onto the server: server.youareminecraft.com

log on and make your minecraft character.

It goes down on the 18 or 19 of this month. It's a massive project that even the people at Mojong recognized and got involved in.

What you do, is your given a plot of land and get to create a version of your avatar in it.

Here's mine:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That seems like way to much work.
It's creative mode

Doesn't seem that much to me.

You get infinite of every block, and most people's are just flat on the walls anyway

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok so I need help. Recently I installed Ubuntu on my computer and I wanted to DL this game. Everytime I try to run the game after launching the game off the Terminal, I get this error message

Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/alexis/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so: /home/alexis/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1924)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1821)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:792)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1059)
at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:69)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:132)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:184)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Any idea what this is? It'd be great if I could run this game on Linux without having to switch to Windows if I want to play it

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I got the Xbox 360 edition and I really like it. I might have gotten the pc version if my pc was decent.....but sadly its not.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure any computer made in the last 5 years can run Minecraft.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I tried the browser version but I had to limit the full view of what my character can see for my laptop to run the game well. Then again maybe its just that the browser version doesn't run well in general. I was mainly using it to test out how well my pc can run it in case I wanted to buy the full version.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It depends. You have people with ****ty laptops playing Minecraft on decent settings, then you have people with high-end computers who can't pass 10 fps. Minecraft is very iffy.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So I've been hearing stuff about "griefers" (people who join servers and destroy as much stuff as possible). Does this only happen on really large servers? Or are there way to make private servers in which its invite only?

John2k4

The End of an Era
They're everywhere. Usually only a risk if your server's IP is posted publicly somewhere.

For that "private" kind of setup, just use a whitelist. =)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
They're everywhere. Usually only a risk if your server's IP is posted publicly somewhere.

For that "private" kind of setup, just use a whitelist. =)
Ah, ok, sounds good. Also I've been going idle on the 360 version to collect bones and arrows from a spawn trap and I get killed sometimes but idk why. The trap is setup so mobs never reach me, it shouldn't be possible. I just sit at the end of the stream and collect the loot. Griefers couldn't be the problem because my game is set to invite only. Unless perhaps the 360 version has some kind of anti-idling thing that kills you if you idle too long but I doubt that.

John2k4

The End of an Era
If you need it, I can help you set up a Bukkit server, too. =)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, ok, sounds good. Also I've been going idle on the 360 version to collect bones and arrows from a spawn trap and I get killed sometimes but idk why. The trap is setup so mobs never reach me, it shouldn't be possible. I just sit at the end of the stream and collect the loot. Griefers couldn't be the problem because my game is set to invite only. Unless perhaps the 360 version has some kind of anti-idling thing that kills you if you idle too long but I doubt that.
I have a trap that monsters should never reach as well.

However, monsters that fall from traps somehow survive occasionally, OR monsters sometimes can weasel their way from outside into your trap area. Even if it seems everything is lit up.

The best thing to do is watch over time to see what happens instead of just staying idle

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I cannot wait for 1.3. With the trading and pyramids and editable books and cocoa beans..........

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm actually really pumped for the ender chest from the latest snapshot. Such a useful concept.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They kinda copied the backpack mod with the ender chest.
It was a suggestion on reddit

and actually, before that there actually was an ender chest mod.

Mojong added it because it was suggested and they liked the idea

If it was any mod, it's really more of a coincidence as far as Mojong's responsibility is concerned

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
It was a suggestion on reddit

and actually, before that there actually was an ender chest mod.

Mojong added it because it was suggested and they liked the idea

If it was any mod, it's really more of a coincidence as far as Mojong's responsibility is concerned
Ah okay. I thought they copied the concept on the backpack mod. Because it was stated when people make mods, Mojang can take it and put it into vanilla minecraft. like singleplayer commands for example.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Does anybody know when the first update for the 360 version is supposed to come out? Its rumored to be soon...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They have added the first stages of "Adventure Mode" to minecraft.

Basically it's survival mode, except you can't place or remove blocks.

Think of it as the ultimate way to make sure someone doesn't cheat in adventure maps.

I feel as if it should have unique items and maybe some more inventory slots for ...rings or something. Something RPG inventory-esque

Spyro

Smash Ace
Wierd glitch, never knew about that.

Anyone else excited 1.3? They added trip wires and jungle temples (which are kind of like desert pyramids) in the latest snapshot.

:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Works in both SSP and SMP. :b:

When you're suffocating in a block and disconnect, you will be teleported to the top of the nearest block(s) above you that have room. In this case, all the way through the roof and on top of the bedrock.

Mushrooms spawning up there is a pretty neat thing to see.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Anyone have a really smooth texture pack they'd recommend? I'm not going for very realistic or cartoon-esque / but ever since the official release I've had trouble finding a "perfect" texture pack.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I had a couple older ones that were like that..let me look around and see if they've been updated recently.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Dokucraft, Last Days, Jolicraft, and customizing painterly packs

Edit:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Well I bought the pc version but it runs horribly slow on my laptop. I guess its time to save up for a gaming pc (and I put minecraft on pretty much the lowest settings possible).

Top Bottom