• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minecraft Server Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarioFinale1.0

Smash Cadet
Ok, so about a week ago, I set up a Minecraft Multiplayer Server, with no mods or anything like that.
Then, I got it to work, but only on our internet connection, now it doesn't start.
It gives me this error message when I start it:[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.0.0
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server (on my IP adress) [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

Or, sometimes it says:[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.0.1
[WARNING] **** NOT ENOUGH RAM!
[WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server (on our Ip adress) [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
So, how do I fix that?
Also, how do I connect computers for minecraft server play?
Thank You

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright, it looks like you tried to set an IP address in the server.properties file. Leave the IP field blank in the config file.

server-ip=

As for the memory - what are your computer's specs? You will need at least one gigabyte of RAM to run a server properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom