• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minato Arisato Joins The Battle! (Persona 3 Spoilers)

What's your favorite version of Persona 3?

• Persona 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Persona 3 FES

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Persona 3 Portable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Although we do already have a Persona character in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate in the Persona 5 Protagonist, I belive that the Persona 3 Protagonist, also known as Minato Arisato, would be a good choice for Super Smash Bros.

Persona3Protagonist.png

Who is he?
Minato Arisato, also known as Makoto Yuki and Sakuya Shiomi, is the main protagonist of Persona 3, which is the 3rd entry in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series, which was released in 2006 for Playstation 2. It was released again in 2008 as Persona 3 FES, and then again on PlaysStation Portable as Persona 3 Portable. He is the leader of SEES, or the Specialized Extracircular Execution Squad.
His story begins when he moves to Iwatodai Dorm. He is one of few people who has the potential for a Persona, during a secret hour known as The Dark Hour, a time where all who do not have a Persona are sealed into coffins. He encounters two people, Yukari Takeba and Mitsuru Kirijo fighting one of the 12 Arcana shadows on the day he arrives, and he uses an Evoker, a device that looks like a gun, to activate his initial Persona, Orpheus. He then falls asleep for a week, and arrives in The Velvet Room, and learns that he has the power of The Wild Card, which gives him the ability to use any Persona. He then learns from the sponsor of SEES that in order to stop the Dark Hour, SEES must defeat the 12 Arcana Shadows, of which they have defeated only the Magician. He goes on a journey to defeat them, gaining the alliances of Yukari Takeba, Mitsuru Kirijo, Junpei Iori, Akihiko Sanada, Fuuka Yamagishi, Aigis, Ken Amada, Koromaru, and Shinjiro Aragaki. However, they discover a rival group of Persona users known as Strega, who are trying to stop SEES from stopping the Dark Hour. On October 4th, the leader of Strega kills Shinjiro, and when they defeat the final Arcana Shadow, it is revealed that they actually released Death, which was sealed in the 12 Arcana Shadows and Minato himself. Eventually, the members of SEES fight Nyx, the god of Death, and the only way to defeat it is to seal it, which the protagonist does at the cost of his life.

This summary is a very basic summary of Persona 3.

What could he bring to Smash as a fighter?
Joker in Smash in my opinion does not represent the main gameplay of Persona very well, while Minato could. He has the ability to use any of the weapons in Persona 3, which include one handed swords, two handed swords, bows, spears, guns, axes, and his fists. As well, he can switch between multiple Personas, such as Orpheus, Thanatos, Jack Frost, Orpheus Telos, and Messiah, his ultimate Persona.

What else besides a fighter could Minato bring to Smash?
Minato could bring a lot more to Smash other then a new character.
First, music. Here's a list of Persona 3 songs he could bring:
Burn My Dread
Wiping All Out
Soul Phase
Time Castle
Nyx
Determination
Master of Tartarus
Shadow
Master of Shadow
Crisis
The Snow Queen

That's only a few of the Persona 3 tracks he could bring.

The Persona 3 stage would be obvious: Tartarus, where you fight Shadows during the Dark Hour.
Now, I know that this would be really odd, but what if Tartarus could be randomized as a stage? The hazard could be the stage being randomized as Tartarus is randomized in Persona 3.

List of Supporters:
3DSNinja 3DSNinja
2. JoZerp JoZerp

Last edited:

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
The dude is a freak, he plays MMO without a pc...
(that could be his final smash?)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I mean, the MMO is also kinda dead
His FS would be Great Seal or a 9999 damage Megidolaon.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Alright, this may be a double post but I really wanna bump this thread.

What do all of ya think of the Persona series, and which is your favorite? Mine is Persona 3, obviously.

JoZerp

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 6326 4459 2403
Sorry, I haven't played any game of the Persona series, most of what i know of it was just by listening others talk about Persona.

P5 have good ost and many people like the game, they even say it's a masterpiece.

About P3 i saw a meme where Minato wondered what should he can do in his room, that's when i saw the joke about him playing MMO without a pc.

Other thing i know is that Persona series is connected with Shin Megami Tensei in some way. (spin off? i can't remember)

Also i had a PSP so i could play P3 but i discovered that it existed when i no longer had my PSP. (it was only on japanese i think)

Edit:

If it helps you, you can count me in for the support. If it can make everyone happy, i don't mind supporting another character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom