• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I still can't believe we're in with a chance, this is crazy. How would you guys feel about the speculated Bowser Jr/Hero type character where it's Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Ninjara/Min Min as the four main alts + colour swaps?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I still can't believe we're in with a chance, this is crazy. How would you guys feel about the speculated Bowser Jr/Hero type character where it's Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Ninjara/Min Min as the four main alts + colour swaps?
Literally none of the characters play even remotely alike enough to be that, much less the four listed above. Something tells me whoever says that only took a look at ARMS and said “eh, they’re probably all clones. Composite character might be for the best.”

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
while i would feel somewhat bad that they didn't let those characters use their own abilities, i will be happy to see them all as playable characters after being non playable/cameos especially Min Min.

amageish

Smash Master
More characters being playable is a net positive in my mind, even though it'd require either underselling everybody's abilities or making everyone share basic moves (in that case I assume everyone would have Ribbon Girl's double jump and Min Min's kicks?).... Part of me would rather Min Min in her full glory, but I don't think I can justify being disappointed if they're effectively adding more to the roster.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I honestly wouldn't mind too much

out of all the 4 perceived characters, I'd see Min Min being among the least altered due to potential priority towards her fast paced kicks in order to switch up the otherwise overwhelming amount of long laggy punch attacks.

I'd say the only thing she would really lose is her transforming dragon arm and maybe a couple unique animations and flair, but hey, if it means she's at least playable, a small price to pay for salvation

and technically all the characters have access to each other's ARMS, so it really ain't that far fetched at the end of the day as some people may think, unique abilities aside

besides 4 characters = all 4 throws already taken care of, and I'd say Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min's throws all line up surprisingly well with each of the corresponding directions

still ain't my ideal situation, but would totally be cool with it regardless

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Here’s a Classic Mode route I made for Min Min:

Min-Min: Extendable Smash (Fights against characters who stretch in some form; all fights are Stamina Battles and fighters’ HP is 100. In addition, Spring Man is the only Assist Trophy)
Stage 1: :ultzss: on Boxing Ring (Spring Stadium)
Stage 2: :ultcorrin:on Suzaku Castle Ω (Ramen Bowl)
Stage 3: :ultsimon::ultrichter: on Dracula’s Castle (Mausoleum)
Bonus Stage
Stage 4
: :ultivysaur: on Brinstar Depths (Snake Park)
Stage 5: :ultisabelle: on :delfino: (Via Dolce)
Stage 6: :ultpiranha: (:ultdarksamus: if you don’t have :ultpiranha:) on Kongo Falls (Temple Grounds)
Boss: Crazy Hand (Sky Arena)

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Here’s a Classic Mode route I made for Min Min:

Min-Min: The Spring of the Dragon (Fights against characters who stretch in some form; all fights are Stamina Battles and fighters’ HP is 200. In addition, Spring Man is the only Assist Trophy)
Stage 1: :ultzss: on Boxing Ring (Spring Stadium)
Stage 2: :ultcorrin:on Suzaku Castle Ω (Ramen Bowl)
Stage 3: :ultsimon::ultrichter: on Dracula’s Castle (Mausoleum)
Bonus Stage
Stage 4
: :ultivysaur:on Brinstar Depths (Snake Park)
Stage 5: :ultisabelle:on :delfino: (Via Dolce)
Stage 6: :ultpiranha:on Kongo Falls (Temple Grounds)
Boss: Crazy Hand (Sky Arena)
Cool idea. I'd say it should be called "Extendable Smash" instead. Also, dont think they'd add the plant since he's a separate DLC. Also, maybe 100HP since ARMS has everyone at 1000.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Damn, Sakurai is really hypin' up how unique this ARMS newcomer is gonna be -- he's definitely gonna stretch the rules of the game to implement whichever ARMS rep gets in Min Min.

amageish

Smash Master
So... Will people be participating in the return of the Party Crashes tonight? If so, are you repping Spring Man or Ribbon Girl?

I gotta admit, while it's great to see the game get renewed attention and a Party Crash is a good way to encourage people to play it again, it does feel kind of weird to have one happen again after the low-key-stressful "Final" one already happened...

Krankees

Smash Ace
I found that I can play ARMS with a GameCube controller after changing my controls. Only drawback is that I can't change my colors.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
So... Will people be participating in the return of the Party Crashes tonight? If so, are you repping Spring Man or Ribbon Girl?

I gotta admit, while it's great to see the game get renewed attention and a Party Crash is a good way to encourage people to play it again, it does feel kind of weird to have one happen again after the low-key-stressful "Final" one already happened...
Meh, I don't feel like it. I just got Persona 5 Royal (never played the original), so I'm planning to spend my weekend on that. I'll probably show up for the Min Min Party Crashes whenever they happen.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Yeah, I'll try to find some time for it. I've only ever participated in the first two Party Crashes but I remember them being pretty fun.

Team Ribbon Girl, btw.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Here’s my concept for a Ramen Bowl stage:
Game of Origin: ARMS (2017)

Description: The Ramen Bowl is an arena with a giant bowl in the middle. There is a gong in the background and tons of audience outside the arena. Other ARMS characters (such as Spring Man*, Twintelle, and Max Brass, just to name a few) make cameo appearances in the background.

*The Spring Man Assist Trophy is disabled on this stage.

Layout: The stage is basically one big downward half-circle with a large flat surface in the center. Platforms shaped like plates occasionally appear from opposite sides.

Gimmicks and Hazards: The red center of the stage will sometimes break if fighters hit it enough times while fighting. The platforms appear a couple seconds before the center breaks, so there could be a more stable fight. When the center breaks, there’s a 50/50 chance it will reveal either a spider web trampoline (taken from the Mausoleum stage) or a bottomless pit. After 35 seconds, the gong bangs with green dragon aura around it, and the center is repaired.

When the center is intact, drones will occasionally fly by and drop items. The items they drop are:

-HP Juice: Functionally identical to the Healing Field, so THAT item is disabled.

-Rush Juice: Increases the fighters’ attack and speed, but slightly lowers their defense. It also slowly fills up their Final Smash Meter, but only when it’s turned on.

-Fire Bomb: A giant bomb that explodes in a huge radius, ignoring shields (35%, far knockback)

-Shock Bomb: A giant bomb that explodes in the same radius as the fire bomb, but fighters caught in the explosion are stunned for a couple seconds (35%, medium knockback)

Music:
-Grand Prix (Main Theme)~New Remix

-Spring Stadium~New Remix

-Ribbon Ring

-Ninja College~New Remix

-Mausoleum~New Remix

-Ramen Bowl~New Remix

-Scrapyard

-Cinema Deux~New Remix

-Buster Beach

-Snake Park

-DNA Lab~New Remix

-Sky Arena~New Remix

-Via Dolce~New Remix

-Temple Grounds

-Sparring Ring

-[NAME REDACTED]

-Vs. Hedlok~New Remix

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Just came in to say that I'm definitely down for supporting Min Min. She's always been my favourite character from the game and my first choice for a Smash rep. So seeing her actually have a decent chance is pretty crazy. To say I'm hyped is an understatement.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I have been trying ARMS through the free trail and it convinced me to buy the game physically.
I'm not sure if I will be maining her in ARMS, but I hope Min Min gets the invite for Smash Ultimate.
Might as well add me to the supporter list.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only thing that makes me wonder is if they will actually go the multiple characters route with Min-Min as the default or not.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that makes me wonder is if they will actually go the multiple characters route with Min-Min as the default or not.
I personally hope not. When you put multiple characters over the same slot, you need to make a moveset that fits all of them, removing any potential unique abilities that a single rep could bring. You wouldn't want to have Min Min without her kicks or Dragon Arm, would you? Exactly.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I personally hope not. When you put multiple characters over the same slot, you need to make a moveset that fits all of them, removing any potential unique abilities that a single rep could bring. You wouldn't want to have Min Min without her kicks or Dragon Arm, would you? Exactly.
Yeah, that would make sense. I suppose the other characters would be represented via color palates

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'm sure it isn't the first or last of these polls we'll see, but NintendoLife is doing a ARMS Fighter poll.

Min Min is currently winning, followed by Twintelle and Spring Man. Helix, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Dr Coyle all are doing decently too (≥5%).

I'm kind of surprised that Ninjara isn't doing better due to his placement in the Party Crash Bash, but I suppose he's a slightly more generic character as far as Smash options go...

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm sure it isn't the first or last of these polls we'll see, but NintendoLife is doing a ARMS Fighter poll.

Min Min is currently winning, followed by Twintelle and Spring Man. Helix, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Dr Coyle all are doing decently too (≥5%).

I'm kind of surprised that Ninjara isn't doing better due to his placement in the Party Crash Bash, but I suppose he's a slightly more generic character as far as Smash options go...
This poll is just further proof of her being the most popular character in ARMS thus far. It wouldn't be surprising if she got a majorly expanded role in a potential sequel.

amageish

Smash Master
This poll is just further proof of her being the most popular character in ARMS thus far. It wouldn't be surprising if she got a majorly expanded role in a potential sequel.
Oooooh, I hadn't thought of that. I don't know how they'd expand on the story of her, but it'd be cool if ARMS 2 was like Splatoon 2 and acknowledged Min Min's victory in some way plot-wise...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oooooh, I hadn't thought of that. I don't know how they'd expand on the story of her, but it'd be cool if ARMS 2 was like Splatoon 2 and acknowledged Min Min's victory in some way plot-wise...
They could make her the new champion for the game. Would be kinda weird to have the champion be Max Brass again.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If I were to guess, they may have her take Max Brass' place as the champion of Grand Prix

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
They could make her the new champion for the game. Would be kinda weird to have the champion be Max Brass again.
Oh. Yes, that'd make a lot of sense. I hadn't considered that, as obvious as it may be haha.

I'd be cool if the Ramen Bowl changed up slightly too, reflecting Mintendo getting fancier with Min Min's increased fame and fortune.

D

Deleted member

Just leaving my post here for support.

My aim is impeccable!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh. Yes, that'd make a lot of sense. I hadn't considered that, as obvious as it may be haha.

I'd be cool if the Ramen Bowl changed up slightly too, reflecting Mintendo getting fancier with Min Min's increased fame and fortune.
Maybe they could do the arena from within a giant extravagant noodle house, with the onlookers being people seated for their meals. A meal with a show sort of feel, if I were to sum up the idea.

amageish

Smash Master
Maybe they could do the arena from within a giant extravagant noodle house, with the onlookers being people seated for their meals. A meal with a show sort of feel, if I were to sum up the idea.
Ooo! I really like that. That'd be super fancy and could make a good final showdown arena too...

Okay, building on the speculation: What stage would people expect if the character in Smash is Min Min? Do people think it'd factor in stage redesigns/alternations from ARMS 2, if you expect an ARMS 2 is in the pipeline?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ooo! I really like that. That'd be super fancy and could make a good final showdown arena too...

Okay, building on the speculation: What stage would people expect if the character in Smash is Min Min? Do people think it'd factor in stage redesigns/alternations from ARMS 2, if you expect an ARMS 2 is in the pipeline?
Doubt there will be any ARMS 2 stuff even if that is being worked on. If Nintendo opted to represent Splatoon in Smash with mostly elements from the original game well after Splatoon 2 came out, I don't see that happening for ARMS when we don't even know if a sequel is in the works.

amageish

Smash Master
Doubt there will be any ARMS 2 stuff even if that is being worked on. If Nintendo opted to represent Splatoon in Smash with mostly elements from the original game well after Splatoon 2 came out, I don't see that happening for ARMS when we don't even know if a sequel is in the works.
True. I also don't think a sequel is necessary in the pipeline, as ARMS totally has earned a spot in Smash without needing a sequel to be announced any day. That said, if one is in the pipe, then I wouldn't be shocked if something came into Smash to represent it. The Splatoon comparison is a fair one, but Joker's grappling hook and Byleth's... everything, suggests that DLC gives Sakurai more time to look into the upcoming titles.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Still, MinMin's in great shape regarding this cycle of speculation. Pretty much everything is looking in her favor more than a lot of the other ARMS combatants

Icana

Smash Apprentice

The Party Crash Bash event was a worldwide event, and Ninjara is much more popular (or used/main'd) in asia than he is in the west. Also, I think Japan had a much more active base for ARMS during the Bash, while western countries had dialed back on playing the game. I also want to note that the character that came closest to beating Min Min during the Bash was Springtron. The score there was 51%-49% in favor of Min Min. VERY close. I think skill plays a bit of a role in these tournaments too, with how points are distributed, but overwhelming popularity would definately win the day at the end.

Min Min took out Twintelle with a margin of 57%-43%, and Ninjara at 53%-47%.

You can see the results of all the party crashes, including the Bash Tournament, here: https://armswiki.org/wiki/Party_Crash

Worldwide, I think Min Min takes the cake as most popular character simply cause she's well liked in the West and the East. Twintelle was a west phenomenon. And Ninjara is a favorite from the east. Springman is the mascot and has support everywhere too. These are guesses though based on polls, crashes, and stuff. I don't know where anybody really sits on any list, I just hope Min Min will end up sitting on the Smash Fighter list. :D

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Party Crash Bash event was a worldwide event, and Ninjara is much more popular (or used/main'd) in asia than he is in the west. Also, I think Japan had a much more active base for ARMS during the Bash, while western countries had dialed back on playing the game. I also want to note that the character that came closest to beating Min Min during the Bash was Springtron. The score there was 51%-49% in favor of Min Min. VERY close. I think skill plays a bit of a role in these tournaments too, with how points are distributed, but overwhelming popularity would definately win the day at the end.

You can see the results of all the party crashes, including the Bash Tournament, here: https://armswiki.org/wiki/Party_Crash

Worldwide, I think Min Min takes the cake as most popular character simply cause she's well liked in the West and the East. Twintelle was a west phenomenon. And Ninjara is a favorite from the east. Springman is the mascot and has support everywhere too. These are guesses though based on polls, crashes, and stuff. I don't know where anybody really sits on any list, I just hope Min Min will end up sitting on the Smash Fighter list. :D
The fact MinMin's the consistent fan favorite between the East and West seems like a lock to her favor.

amageish

Smash Master

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. I did casually participate in the Party Crashes, but I can't say that I was paying enough attention online to know why the splits were the way there were haha. That would explain by Ninjara is polling so much lower then Twintelle on a survey on an English-language British website... Thanks for the breakdown! And, yes, hopefully Min Min gets selected as the character due to popularity...

Also, I'm sure these are being discussed across the board, but as this is a thread for a character that is hopefully next, I feel like it's appropriate to bring up here...

Tokyo's finally shutting down on a local level due to covid-19 concerns - which is very good, as cases have been rising frighteningly quickly there. Sakurai is working on Smash from home, but there will be a month-long (or possibly longer) lull of game ratings. I don't know if the ARMS character as Smash DLC has already been rated, but this will definitely have ripple effects throughout the entire industry. Stay safe everyone!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. I did casually participate in the Party Crashes, but I can't say that I was paying enough attention online to know why the splits were the way there were haha. That would explain by Ninjara is polling so much lower then Twintelle on a survey on an English-language British website... Thanks for the breakdown! And, yes, hopefully Min Min gets selected as the character due to popularity...

Also, I'm sure these are being discussed across the board, but as this is a thread for a character that is hopefully next, I feel like it's appropriate to bring up here...

Tokyo's finally shutting down on a local level due to covid-19 concerns - which is very good, as cases have been rising frighteningly quickly there. Sakurai is working on Smash from home, but there will be a month-long (or possibly longer) lull of game ratings. I don't know if the ARMS character as Smash DLC has already been rated, but this will definitely have ripple effects throughout the entire industry. Stay safe everyone!
Full games are the only things really affected by CERO's closure, DLC is typically not part of the same ratings process.

Top Bottom