• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s June my dudes, we’ll know who the mystery ARMS rep is soon enough

here’s hoping it’s our Ramen Bomber!

MattX20

Smash Hero
With potentially no more than a week left, we shall find out the identity of our ARMS rep soon

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a feeling that the trailer/showcase won't have an announcement and will be dropped like a hot potato when it's ready.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Found it.

It's probably fake considering the font is different from the ones usually used, but it does look pretty convincing otherwise, ngl.
I'm not going to discount it immediately. At least, not until the fighter is revealed. People were skeptical of the Ken leak, and look at what happened

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm not going to discount it immediately. At least, not until the fighter is revealed. People were skeptical of the Ken leak, and look at what happened
I'll give you that one, but I just wanna say:
1591369624306.png

If you look at the Min Min leak, and then look at this Marth victory screen, you'll find a very distinct difference in font style. I mean, that Min Min leak could be real and we're just looking at some sort of "mid-development" version of her, but looking at both photos, it seems unlikely.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah I'm pretty doubtful on that '"leak"

Looks like a slight tweak of her ARMS model and it feels very un-Sakurai to flip her victory animation for no discernable reason, he definitely would've kept her facing right. And yeah, that font's definitely off.

We've only had like a handful of legitimate image leaks over the course of Smash history (ESRB, Ultimate's battlefield, and Ken are literally the only three that come to mind for me), they've got security pretty packed down. And for everyone of those, we get like thousands of fake ones.

I'll give credit where credit is due though, this is still better than that ugly Joker render one

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
True, its probably fake, but a good looking fake.

As for the font, i could see it being due to the angle of the screenshot.

Still, i beleive the reveal should be quite soon, next week maybe. And its possible some stuff is leaking as nintendo plans the sakurai presents for next week. And remember lots of people ebeleive the ESRB and ken leak were fake too remember?

So again, 99% fake, but still possible. She is probably the most likely single character other then ribbon girl(whos chances are mostly high due to also being a main character for the series)

MattX20

Smash Hero
At any rate, even if the pic is fake, MinMin's still arguably the most likely character to be the ARMS rep

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At any rate, even if the pic is fake, MinMin's still arguably the most likely character to be the ARMS rep
"In case you were wondering how we were able to make Spring Man playable. It wasn't hard as given the ability to disable assists on stage notably Alucard and Knuckles on the Wii Fit stage and Green Hill Zone. There's also the fact Chrom despite being an playable character is also in Robin's Final Smash and Victory Animation as well as Samus being part of Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash despite both being playable characters. Also as always the protagonist or mascot are the first priority into the roster when it comes to an additional franchise." - Sakurai

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
"In case you were wondering how we were able to make Spring Man playable. It wasn't hard as given the ability to disable assists on stage notably Alucard and Knuckles on the Wii Fit stage and Green Hill Zone. There's also the fact Chrom despite being an playable character is also in Robin's Final Smash and Victory Animation" - Sakurai
Michael, listen, I completely agree with you on it likely being Springo. Yet at the same time, do you have to bring it up every single time someone even mentions the contrary? This is getting old fast.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Found it.

It's probably fake considering the font is different from the ones usually used, but it does look pretty convincing otherwise, ngl.
What ARM is attached to her left arm? I can't tell if that's really a boxing glove or not. That's also the arm that Min Min can charge into that dragon skin.

The symbol on her chest looks a little different in the "leak" photo too. I can't really tell though. Her hat in the "leak" also seems to be missing that red tag she's got on. Also the angle is changed a little bit in the "leak" pic. That bead or whatever sticking out above the Dragon ARM is below her ankle instead of below her shoes, which I guess matches a little more with the official art work than the in-game ARMs pose. We can also see above her shoe too, so it's not quite a 1 to 1 match with the pose from her game. And man is there a lot of filtering in that pic.

Anyway, we're just days away from finding out if Min Min's in or not. Hoping she is. Let's go Min Min!

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, while I really want her in too, I agree with the thread that it's probably fake. Not only due to the font but because the pose is oddly similar to one already in ARMS. Of course they could actually have that in Smash as a reference if she did make it, but still, it's also probably easier to edit in this way.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I imagine Sakurai would want her win poses in to be similar, if not identical to ARMS since he wants characters to be as true to their source material as much as possible

zferolie

Smash Hero
"In case you were wondering how we were able to make Spring Man playable. It wasn't hard as given the ability to disable assists on stage notably Alucard and Knuckles on the Wii Fit stage and Green Hill Zone. There's also the fact Chrom despite being an playable character is also in Robin's Final Smash and Victory Animation as well as Samus being part of Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash despite both being playable characters. Also as always the protagonist or mascot are the first priority into the roster when it comes to an additional franchise." - Sakurai
I mean, 1 counter point i would say is... why put all this hype... for hust springman? Why not just say, springman is coming to smash, instead of keeping it vague?

That says to me they want who it is to be a surprise... and springman is not a surprise

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, 1 counter point i would say is... why put all this hype... for hust springman? Why not just say, springman is coming to smash, instead of keeping it vague?

That says to me they want who it is to be a surprise... and springman is not a surprise
Maybe they weren't finished with the trailer and so to not keep us waiting decided to reveal what the franchise the character would be from.

zferolie

Smash Hero
M's don't become that much thinner when you tilt the camera that way.

Spring Man would be a surprise if you thought ATs couldn't be promoted.
Mostly just playing devils advocate about the image. I mean, remember when people though shulk was a photoshopped little mac?

And yes i suppose, but why ask who it could be, when every single time a new series is added its always the main charcter first?

Maybe they weren't finished with the trailer and so to not keep us waiting decided to reveal what the franchise the character would be from.
Its possible yeah. Just seems odd is all.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Spring Man was the poster boy for ARMS for sure and he was made the assist trophy, no doubt, for that reason. But we don't know what the future of ARMS is right now. The comic book was suppose to come out AGES ago and delve deeper into Spring Man's lore. But the comic book never came, but as of this January Dark Horse has said that the book is still in production. It's possible the whole thing has been rebooted and the story changed. Min Min could very well get a big push as a result of winning the party crash bash. In fact, Twintelle may get a big push as her popularity sprung purely from her design, the ads barely had much fanfare for her, other than some savvy screenshots. She was made available later in the Global Online Test Punch for the game as a result of that. It wasn't in the original plan.

We'll see what happens. As others have said, Nintendo decided to try and control speculation this time around and are having us ponder who the ARMS fighter could be. Under pre-release conditions, Spring Man would've been the obvious choice. Right now, we don't know what Nintendo has in mind for ARMS as an IP. I imagine the chosen character, whoever it may be, will be used in a bigger push for the ARMS IP lore and/or marketability.

Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot today, but everything we know and love about the little rodent came from the Pokemon Anime (including the infamous 'say your own name' voice), which came after the release of Red/Blue/Green.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Yeah, while I really want her in too, I agree with the thread that it's probably fake. Not only due to the font but because the pose is oddly similar to one already in ARMS. Of course they could actually have that in Smash as a reference if she did make it, but still, it's also probably easier to edit in this way.
I wouldn't consider Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V-ing a victory pose from the source material a reason for a leak containing that to be fake. Just for an idea, here's a list of characters whose victory pose are more or less taken from the games (at least that I can recognize):
:ultdk::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultrichter::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Spring Man was the poster boy for ARMS for sure and he was made the assist trophy, no doubt, for that reason. But we don't know what the future of ARMS is right now. The comic book was suppose to come out AGES ago and delve deeper into Spring Man's lore. But the comic book never came, but as of this January Dark Horse has said that the book is still in production. It's possible the whole thing has been rebooted and the story changed. Min Min could very well get a big push as a result of winning the party crash bash. In fact, Twintelle may get a big push as her popularity sprung purely from her design, the ads barely had much fanfare for her, other than some savvy screenshots. She was made available later in the Global Online Test Punch for the game as a result of that. It wasn't in the original plan.

We'll see what happens. As others have said, Nintendo decided to try and control speculation this time around and are having us ponder who the ARMS fighter could be. Under pre-release conditions, Spring Man would've been the obvious choice. Right now, we don't know what Nintendo has in mind for ARMS as an IP. I imagine the chosen character, whoever it may be, will be used in a bigger push for the ARMS IP lore and/or marketability.

Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot today, but everything we know and love about the little rodent came from the Pokemon Anime (including the infamous 'say your own name' voice), which came after the release of Red/Blue/Green.
Exactly, Clefairy was intended to be the mascot before Pikachu. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl might be the boxart mascots, but MinMin has succeeded them both in terms of popularity to the point you can argue she's just as much a mascot for ARMS as they are

amageish

Smash Master
I have a feeling that the trailer/showcase won't have an announcement and will be dropped like a hot potato when it's ready.
I'm kind of hoping they don't do this... I'd like to have the experience of finding out what character it is on my own terms and not because of a Twitter refresh showing the model. That said, I do think you may be right, given how Nintendo is seemingly going for the "announcement via Twitter" approach for the next little while...

As for the Spring Man vs Min Min debate (which I don't think is the point of this thread, but K), I honestly don't feel like Min Min would be chosen because "Spring Man is an AT," but if they want to take advantage of her unique mechanics. I mean, I imagine whoever the rep is, they are going to need short-range attacks... Her kicking kind of gives her a leg up in that regard, so to speak.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't consider Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V-ing a victory pose from the source material a reason for a leak containing that to be fake. Just for an idea, here's a list of characters whose victory pose are more or less taken from the games (at least that I can recognize):
:ultdk::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultrichter::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:
Fair point. I just thought it looked too close to the in-game one. But then again, I could see that exact same pose being used in a victory animation.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I feel like some people misunderstand the party crash bash as it wasnt a pure popularity contest, and for that reason people don't see it as relevant, but imo the way i see it, it could have been used to secretly choose a possible smash candidate in the same style the splatoon devs handled the story.

Edit: also, as unfortunate as it is, that picture is definitely more likely to be fake than real, i dont think theres anyone really wrong with the pose and model, but the font is simply way too off.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel like some people misunderstand the party crash bash as it wasnt a pure popularity contest, and for that reason people don't see it as relevant, but imo the way i see it, it could have been used to secretly choose a possible smash candidate in the same style the splatoon devs handled the story.

Edit: also, as unfortunate as it is, that picture is definitely more likely to be fake than real, i dont think theres anyone really wrong with the pose and model, but the font is simply way too off.
Not to mention advertisements for the Party Crash Bashes in particular had an emphasis on the words "ultimate champion"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not to mention advertisements for the Party Crash Bashes in particular had an emphasis on the words "ultimate champion"
Did the Japanese ads say something that could be translated to "special"?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Referencing Min Min's victory in the Party Crash Bash sounds like the perfect way to announce her, now that I think about it. Imagine:

The trailer starts with an establishing shot of the Sky Arena, a large dust cloud enveloping the battleground, and the words "PARTY CRASH BASH" emblazoned on the massive monitor. The camera slowly zooms in, briefly flashing the entire ARMS roster and the heated battle ensuing. Soon enough, two Rushes clash with one another Jojo-style, and the dust is blown apart by a fiery ray of energy. The ray dissipates and the camera pans to Min Min, who is tired, but standing firm, the rest of the ARMS fighters surrounding her completely out cold. She raises her arm upwards in victory, the Dragon's head on the fist letting out a triumphant roar, ensuing roaring applause from the audience. Just as she is about to head off, a Drone floats from the sky and stops her in her tracks, before placing something in her hand: a Smash invitation. Before she knows it, Min Min is confronted by Little Mac, Ryu, Ken and Incineroar, who are all ready for battle. Min Min readies for battle and the tagline shows before cutting to gameplay.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
What ARM is attached to her left arm? I can't tell if that's really a boxing glove or not. That's also the arm that Min Min can charge into that dragon skin.

The symbol on her chest looks a little different in the "leak" photo too. I can't really tell though. Her hat in the "leak" also seems to be missing that red tag she's got on. Also the angle is changed a little bit in the "leak" pic. That bead or whatever sticking out above the Dragon ARM is below her ankle instead of below her shoes, which I guess matches a little more with the official art work than the in-game ARMs pose. We can also see above her shoe too, so it's not quite a 1 to 1 match with the pose from her game. And man is there a lot of filtering in that pic.

Anyway, we're just days away from finding out if Min Min's in or not. Hoping she is. Let's go Min Min!
The color palette makes me think it's a Roaster.
https://cdn.wikimg.net/en/armswiki/images/f/fd/Arm-Roaster-Right.png

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
That choice makes this leak a little more iffy to me. Yeah, you can customize your ARMS gloves for any character you want however you want, but something about her using the Roaster just confuses me. I don't really know why.
I mean hey, the character will probably be able to switch ARMS anyways. Still, I think the other things mentioned prior should already convince ya that it's a well-made fake.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I mean hey, the character will probably be able to switch ARMS anyways. Still, I think the other things mentioned prior should already convince ya that it's a well-made fake.
I mean, I doubt neither the fact that ARMS switching is potentially a part of their moveset nor the fact that it's a well-made fake, it's just that we keep finding some details of that particular leak and that piques my interest.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
That choice makes this leak a little more iffy to me. Yeah, you can customize your ARMS gloves for any character you want however you want, but something about her using the Roaster just confuses me. I don't really know why.
It would be kind of weird if the character could change ARMS for their victory pose... Like, I don't see why they wouldn't just revert to the default ARMS of the character for that? I know Sakurai is a stickler to details, but would anyone be upset if the victory screens weren't customized for every potential ARMS layout?

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm in support of Min Min, she's pretty cool. But yeah, the text on that leak really kills it for me. Even if some letters get stretched out depending on how long the character's name is, the change is way too apparent in the leak.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I feel like that leak is not real, but i'ts pretty well done, that said i imagine she won't need a lot of aesthetic changes to fit within the Smash Bros artstyle, kind of like Inkling.

Top Bottom