• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Min Min initial frame data

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So yeah, this character is really good. As I usually do with DLC characters, this is just the "hits on" frames of initial attacks; I'm not fooling with like jab follow ups or recovery times or anything as data extraction will be present in the next few days. This is just a resource so you can see how the character works right now.

Min Min frame data:

jab1: 5
ftilt (dragon): 14
ftilt (ramram): 14
ftilt (megawatt): 14
utilt: 5
dtilt: 10
dash attack: 7

fsmash (dragon): 16
fsmash (ramram): 16
fsmash (megawatt): 16
fsmash (charge release): 8
fsmash (projectile): About 14, really hard to nail down precisely how this works
usmash: 7
usmash (charge release): 5
dsmash: 6
dsmash (charge release): 4

nair (dragon): 10
nair (ramram): 8
nair (megawatt): 14
uair: 7
dair: 15

standing grab: 18
running grab: 18
pivot grab: 18

Up special (grounded): 25 total frames of commitment
Up special (aerial): 12
Down special: 2 total frames of commitment (able to shield on frame 3 after use)

Attacking with two ARMS simultaneously:

Chaining arms is interesting. Without introducing smash charging, as far as I can tell, a max speed ftilt follow up always hits on f27 versus the starting point of the first ARM attack (whether the first attack is ftilt or fsmash makes zero difference) and a max speed fsmash follow-up always hits on f32 versus that same point. This means that if you fsmash -> ftilt the follow-up is really quick whereas ftilt -> fsmash adds quite a delay between the hits. You can't just keep chaining back and forth; you chain two attacks and need to reset to a neutral state to do more. You can walk freely while ftilting like Mega Man, but as soon as you introduce an fsmash at any point in the chain your movement becomes locked. You cannot do any other moves while in this chaining situation, not even switch your unused secondary ARM out. It doesn't really matter how early/late you hit the follow-up either as far as I can tell as long as you input it before the first one hits (note if you're way too early it's really easy to accidentally get ftilt on a hold buffer instead of the fsmash you wanted).

Fair/Bair don't really exist on this character. They're seemingly just the same moves as ftilt/fsmash or at least have the same frame data and obvious properties. If you start up a smash in the air, you stop falling completely (actually rise a tiny bit), but you continue to move with normal physics while ftilting in the air (and if you land while ftilting, you just continue into your grounded ftilt much like many special moves behave when landing; there is no possible "landing lag" state on fair/bair with Min Min). You do not turn around by doing these moves of course, but Min Min can freely ftilt/fsmash forward or backwards anyway.

And yeah, c-stick set to tilt just acts like direction + A for Min Min, always using her non-changing ARM but respecting the direction input. This is as far as I can tell the only way to do a backward attack as the initial attack in a grounded chain (hold one direction and c-stick in the other and you attack backwards while still facing forwards). I don't know if that has any practical value at all since which direction you are facing seems awfully arbitrary with this character, but it is what it is. C-stick set to smash obviously behaves the same as tilt stick except does smashes (like you'd expect). C-stick set to special performs tilts with the ARM for which you can change the attachment.

As a last super minor note, you can jab with the B button, and yes, it's super weird. As far as I can tell, the jab is identical no matter which button you use for it (Min Min kicks with her left leg either way).

I hope this information is interesting to you guys; certainly Min Min was interesting to me and has far better frame data than I expected.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If it helps, here's a portion of Min Min's attribute data...
  • Walk Speed: 1.05
  • Traction: 0.13
  • Initial Dash: 1.9
  • Run Speed: 1.55
  • Air Acceleration Multiplier: 0.05
  • Base Air Acceleration: 0.01
  • Air Speed: 0.85
  • Gravity: 0.11
  • Falling Speed: 1.52
  • Fast-Falling Speed: 2.432
  • Weight: 104
  • Kirby/Dedede Star Projectile Damage: 16

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If it helps, here's a portion of Min Min's attribute data...
  • Walk Speed: 1.05
  • Traction: 0.13
  • Initial Dash: 1.9
  • Run Speed: 1.55
  • Air Acceleration Multiplier: 0.05
  • Base Air Acceleration: 0.01
  • Air Speed: 0.85
  • Gravity: 0.11
  • Falling Speed: 1.52
  • Fast-Falling Speed: 2.432
  • Weight: 104
  • Kirby/Dedede Star Projectile Damage: 16
Cool, for reference, here's the rankings those give you...

Walk speed: 51 (between Mii Swordfighter and King Dedede)
Initial Dash: 45 (tied with Kirby)
Run Speed: 61 (between Bowser Jr. and Wolf)
Total Air Accel: 53 (tied with Charizard and many others)
Air Speed: 73 (between Olimar and Kirby)
Fall speed: 49 (tied with Charizard, typical 60% bonus for fastfalling)
Gravity: 22 (tied with Charizard, BK, and MK)
Weight: 19 (tied with Link and a few others)

So you are somewhat but not significantly below average mobility overall and in the air control remarkably similarly to Charizard (lower max air speed but everything else that matters is exactly the same). That weight is kinda heavy but not really that heavy which fits with the rest of this parameter data. Thanks for the info!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cool, for reference, here's the rankings those give you...

Walk speed: 51 (between Mii Swordfighter and King Dedede)
Initial Dash: 45 (tied with Kirby)
Run Speed: 61 (between Bowser Jr. and Wolf)
Total Air Accel: 53 (tied with Charizard and many others)
Air Speed: 73 (between Olimar and Kirby)
Fall speed: 49 (tied with Charizard, typical 60% bonus for fastfalling)
Gravity: 22 (tied with Charizard, BK, and MK)
Weight: 19 (tied with Link and a few others)

So you are somewhat but not significantly below average mobility overall and in the air control remarkably similarly to Charizard (lower max air speed but everything else that matters is exactly the same). That weight is kinda heavy but not really that heavy which fits with the rest of this parameter data. Thanks for the info!
No problem. I got the data after acquiring a dump of software version 8.0.0.

Top Bottom