• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Min Min and Ver. 8.0.0 Update are out for Smash Ultimate!

Min_Min_Is_Out.jpg

Min Min finally joined the cast of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the Ver. 8.0.0 patch just launched today!

This patch not only contains Min Min, but also a new stage, songs, Mii Costumes, and balance changes among other things! Here’s a list of everything that’s new aside from Min Min herself:
  • Mii Costumes were added for Vault Boy from Fallout (Coincidentally in the same patch that Fighter 76 was added), Ninjara from ARMS, Callie from Splatoon, Marie from Splatoon, and Heihachi from Tekken.
  • Spring Stadium was added as a new stage featuring 18 new tracks from ARMS.
  • Added a rematch feature for Spirits and high scores for each Spirit battle.
  • A new Spirit Board featuring characters from ARMS.
  • Balance changes were made for various characters, you can read Nintendo’s official list of changes here and check out our thread for them here.
Author’s Note: Unfortunately I still don't have my Switch on me so I can't play the game currently, but I'm still personally excited to see everyone lab out Min Min alongside all the balance changes. But what are you excited about? Please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Tried her out. She is a great character to play with the ARMS mechanics. Of course, aerial game isn't her strong point with aerial and fast characters making it rough. (Sonic and Jigglypuff for starters.)

However, I still see she can beat them, just with an adapted playstyle to counter speed and air mobility.

For those who are curious, below is a portion of Min Min's attribute data...
  • Walk Speed: 1.05
  • Traction: 0.13
  • Initial Dash: 1.9
  • Run Speed: 1.55
  • Air Acceleration Multiplier: 0.05
  • Base Air Acceleration: 0.01
  • Air Speed: 0.85
  • Gravity: 0.11
  • Falling Speed: 1.52
  • Fast-Falling Speed: 2.432
  • Weight: 104
  • Kirby/Dedede Star Projectile Damage: 16
Min Min apparently isn't that mobile of a fighter, as she barely runs faster than Wolf, and her air speed is worse than Olimar's. But it is worth noting that she's just as heavy as Link and Captain Falcon; most female fighters (who are not palette swaps of male fighters) have below average weight.

Last edited:
For those who are curious, below is a portion of Min Min's attribute data...
  • Walk Speed: 1.05
  • Traction: 0.13
  • Initial Dash: 1.9
  • Run Speed: 1.55
  • Air Acceleration Multiplier: 0.05
  • Base Air Acceleration: 0.01
  • Air Speed: 0.85
  • Gravity: 0.11
  • Falling Speed: 1.52
  • Fast-Falling Speed: 2.432
  • Weight: 104
  • Kirby/Dedede Star Projectile Damage: 16
Min Min apparently isn't that mobile of a fighter, as she barely runs faster than Wolf, and her air speed is worse than Olimar's. But it is worth noting that she's just as heavy as Link and Captain Falcon; most female fighters (who are not palette swaps of male fighters) have below average weight.
So she is the heaviest female character yet ?

Im glad to hear from the Jigglypuff loyalist

So she is the heaviest female character yet ?
I thought we didn't talk about how heavy girls are

Tried her out. She is a great character to play with the ARMS mechanics. Of course, aerial game isn't her strong point with aerial and fast characters making it rough. (Sonic and Jigglypuff for starters.)

However, I still see she can beat them, just with an adapted playstyle to counter speed and air mobility.
Wait, she has a hard time against Puff? Good to hear, as it looked to me like my puff would have a hard time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played with her a few hours last night and while she's fun, she is super duper gimpable. (Though in fairness she's also really good at gimping as well.) Characters like Puff mentioned above, if they take her offstage at all, are going to be tough to deal with. Even though her Up+B is similar to Byleth's, I feel like for some reason Byleth has more options offstage whereas I was struggling with her offstage. Obviously Day 1 going in blind, didn't look up any tech. Initial thoughts are she is pretty fun, great and interesting moveset, plenty of options on the ground, tough to deal with when she gets going, but ultimately too gimpable for me to stick with. Not saying that gimpable characters are bad by any stretch, but I get too frustrated when I get gimped, hah.

I'm so sick of them ignoring Ganondorf. He's been in desperate need of serious buffs and/or reworks for THREE GAMES STRAIGHT NOW.

Brawl you could kinda excuse since it wasn't patchable, but 4 and ultimate there's absolutely 0 reason for him to continue being total garbage. Not only did he not receive any buffs (again) this patch, the character included is pretty much a direct counter against him. Min-Min is hell to face as a ganondorf player. Once folks really figure her out, she'll be able to wall him out just as hard as any heavy projectile camper like the belmonts or DHD.

It really feels like sakurai is just doing a lot of this out of spite against Ganondorf fans at this point.

Galleom is the boss of the Final Round of Min Min's Classic Mode.

To be honest, I'm glad we're getting more bosses than just Master Hand and Crazy Hand (Rathalos, if we're lucky) in each DLC character's Classic Mode.

Galleom is the boss of the Final Round of Min Min's Classic Mode.

To be honest, I'm glad we're getting more bosses than just Master Hand and Crazy Hand (Rathalos, if we're lucky) in each DLC character's Classic Mode.
It's not just Ganondorf. A lot of the roster has serious issues but they don't address most of them.

I'm not too pleased with the balancing team myself.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of them ignoring Ganondorf. He's been in desperate need of serious buffs and/or reworks for THREE GAMES STRAIGHT NOW.

Brawl you could kinda excuse since it wasn't patchable, but 4 and ultimate there's absolutely 0 reason for him to continue being total garbage. Not only did he not receive any buffs (again) this patch, the character included is pretty much a direct counter against him. Min-Min is hell to face as a ganondorf player. Once folks really figure her out, she'll be able to wall him out just as hard as any heavy projectile camper like the belmonts or DHD.

It really feels like sakurai is just doing a lot of this out of spite against Ganondorf fans at this point.
I'm pretty sure it's because Ganondorf fares significantly better at low level play and FFAs, Hero's in a similar boat which is why their only changes are bugfixes

D
Min Min has been great don’t have her myself but she has been a blast to see in action great haracter and pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom